• Cut off the rope

2 50.00%
  • Stay on the rope

2 50.00%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    the chopper cant hover for too long (bad weather)

thats why all you of are getting on it at once
    I'm not really seeing how that would be very probable.... if the first group moved at a remotely decent speed why on earth wouldn't there be time for a second group to climb as well?

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyWench View Post
    Would it be possible for a few of us to get off the ladder, wait until the others get into the helicopter, and then have them lower the ladder again and the rest of us could climb up?
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyWench View Post
    I'm not really seeing how that would be very probable.... if the first group moved at a remotely decent speed why on earth wouldn't there be time for a second group to climb as well?
    My thoughts exactly. The helicopter wouldn't have to leave, it would just maintain as we take turns. I don't see the problem here.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

My ISTP bruthas.. i think you guys are getting too caught up in precision of technicalities (this the natural problem-solving approach).

To shorten the question for effectiveness> Would you guy's choose to sacrifice yourselves to save the fellow climber's knowing that chance of your own initial rescue to be slim or would you be the moral villain and let none of your climbing party go due to having lost your chance?.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

SPs only please. there is one like this in your section too

you are being rescued from an icy mountain with 4 other trapped climbers. the helicopter can't land so it lowered a rope ladder. 5 of you hanging on the ladder with you being the very last one hanging on to the rope ladder.

you see the rope is under stress since and it WILL break if more than 4 people hold on for more than a minute. you being the last one, do you cut off the rope so the other 4 can live or do you stay on...if you gotta stay on the mountain, so does everyone else.

whats YOUR reason for cutting off the rope ladder or staying on it
    This is a trick question meant to answer some kind of agenda.

More importantly, what I want to know, is why the rescue team didn't inspect their equipment. Something so basic on a rescue mission is overlooked by a trained crew.

I really doubt it, let alone in this kind of situation.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    This is a trick question meant to answer some kind of agenda.

More importantly, what I want to know, is why the rescue team didn't inspect their equipment. Something so basic on a rescue mission is overlooked by a trained crew.

I really doubt it, let alone in this kind of situation.
    wanna know how people think

at what point do you make the choice to die to save four people? how much more detail do you need till you are comfortable enough to take your own life

out of all the things that could happen, the new helper guy who packs the emergency equipment loaded the wrong rescue kit...blame whoever you want...shit happens. shit happened...your neck deep in it

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

wanna know how people think

at what point do you make the choice to die to save four people? how much more detail do you need till you are comfortable enough to take your own life

out of all the things that could happen, the new helper guy who packs the emergency equipment loaded the wrong rescue kit...blame whoever you want...shit happens. shit happened...your neck deep in it
    Okie the dokie. I pray to the God Zeus to grant me atonement for my sins in exchange for the smiting of an ENTP. He glady accepts. I then pray to him a second time to strike said ENTP (that'd be you) with a dazzling thunderbolt of dazzlement.

How dazzling!
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    Okie the dokie. I pray to the God Zeus to grant me atonement for my sins in exchange for the smiting of an ENTP. He glady accepts. I then pray to him a second time to strike said ENTP (that'd be you) with a dazzling thunderbolt of dazzlement.

How dazzling!
    but your still hanging from a chopper in a moral dilemma

ps: promise me my obituary would read EXACTLY like that

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

but your still hanging from a chopper in a moral dilemma

ps: promise me my obituary would read EXACTLY like that
    Tune in next week, same time, same channel for the exciting conclusion. But wait, there's more! Stay tuned for this week's sponsor, the Veg-o-Matic 3000 from RONCO! It slices, it dices, chops and cuts, julienne potatoes for mouth perfect french fries!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

haha, wow, i am amused at all the clarifying questions!

i don't think anyone can answer hypothetical questons like this meaningfully.
    the situation dictates your actions, and i don't think people appreciate the situation or realize the gravity of their own mortality until they are actually facing it. hypothetical questions like this don't face mortality or the realities of a dire situation. question like this mean almost nothing to me.

several of you are incredulous that this kind of situation would occur, or that it would be so poorly planned/executed. "i would have been prepared, the rescuers were unprepared, etc." sometimes this shit happens. just because it shouldn't theoretically happen doesn't mean that it doesn't happen all the time. crazy shit happens daily.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    haha, wow, i am amused at all the clarifying questions!

i don't think anyone can answer hypothetical questons like this meaningfully.
    the situation dictates your actions, and i don't think people appreciate the situation or realize the gravity of their own mortality until they are actually facing it. hypothetical questions like this don't face mortality or the realities of a dire situation. question like this mean almost nothing to me.

several of you are incredulous that this kind of situation would occur, or that it would be so poorly planned/executed. "i would have been prepared, the rescuers were unprepared, etc." sometimes this shit happens. just because it shouldn't theoretically happen doesn't mean that it doesn't happen all the time. crazy shit happens daily.
    Sure it does, but that's not the point. The point is this guy is using it to make a trick question - which means it falls apart.

It wouldn't be too hard to have just asked the original question directly - save your hide or let others suffer in misery with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]