• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Mum, Where does an SP's sense of humour come from?

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Woman's beard shavings, dead people cravings, and rantings and ravings with style!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sensing the audience, and perceiving the right punchline.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I agree, Se makes observations and Ni twists/flips the meaning of what's observed.

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
SP? Humor?
oh god i'm not funny at all. ew. i guess thats just something i grew up with. a baaad sense of humor.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It's Se and Ni used in tandem, honey.

LOL.

Yes. I did notice you made that joke recently that involved realizing both that "Can" is an alternative spelling of "Kan," and that another meaning of "can" is "butt." That's Ni, supporting Se. :yes:

See, you didn't need to be taught abstract thinking at all. You just needed to be shown that you already knew how, but just didn't focus on it. That's all my little course did (a little philosophy there).

Never! Screw Ni!

Jeffster hates Ni, though. Eh, not surprising. That's one thing about him that always made him stand out to me.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jeffster hates Ni, though. Eh, not surprising. That's one thing about him that always made him stand out to me.

Another thing was my excessive awesomeness. :cool:

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
So then the reason ISFPs are humorless and bland is because they don't have Ni?

Hmm, makes sense.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Not me. I banished it! BANISHED IT TO THE DUNGEON!

And the shadowy Si that crept in in it's place has made you less of an SP, whether you realize it or not. ;)

You pay a price for banishing Ni... mediocrity. Utter mediocrity.

To any SPs that dislike Ni:

I know what you're going through, believe it or not. It was hard for me to admit that I needed Se in my life at first, too. I saw it as useless, a weakness. Because it's pretty much everything I'm not, consciously. Eventually, I realized I was basically limiting my potential and binding myself by not having my mind open to it. In a sense, I was starving myself of fuel.

Why? Because Ni and Se FEED each other. One will stagnate and be quite limited without the other. You don't have to believe me. If you're content without it, you probably haven't reached the critical point yet. But if you don't stop pushing it away, you're eventually going to start feeling it. I can guarantee you that.

Ni is not reality. Se is not reality. But together, I think they're a lot closer to reality than they are alone. If you want to live in a fantasy world where nothing is going on under the surface, there are no archetypes, hidden meanings or alternate views, and everything is always exactly what it appears to be, go right ahead and reject Ni. But that's all it will be... a fantasy world. You know, the thing you probably hated so much that it made you reject Ni in the first place? Rejecting Ni only traps you inside an impoverished version of it.

When you recognize that for yourself, I have a feeling you'll embrace it. ;) One suggestion I'd give you, is to meditate on Chinese handcuffs. What happens when you struggle to free yourself from them? What is the real solution? How might this situation be similar to your struggle with Ni?

/bored metacognitive musing

Yes, I know you don't really want to take the time to read that.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
But I did! What do I do now?

Get it out, it's burning!!!

Just relax. Sip on a soda or something, lean back in your chair. Realize nothing has changed. Reality is still what it always has been. Your perspective just changed.

The thing is, your perspective affects you and your actions as a human being. That's why it's important.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
what has Ni ever done? nothing for nobody!
my Se killed my Ni. killed it dead.