User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Default ISFP mood swings

Wonder if other ISFP have terrible mood swings short of being Bi Polar.

Have you found non medication alternatives to getting to a balanced state of mind.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

No I have quite stable moods, that are hard to shift.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFP

My ISFP friend is prone to wildly unstable mood swings, although she improves more and more all the time, just practicing controlling herself, I think.

She was on meds for about a month but went off them, so I don't have much helpful information there.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

I have bad mood swings. I hide them well for the most part but I don't know any secrets to a balanced mind.

Dali

An ENFP and an INFJ friend tell me that I can become cold and distant sometimes and they don't understand why. The ENFP was deeply bothered by it as was, to some extent, the INFJ. This often happens when I've been spending too much time with other people and I snap back into my head and spend a few hours there. Most of the time, that's when my mood swings kick in; when I'm all people'd out. A few times, I also snap into sad, withdrawn mode which often happens when I feel inadequate for whatever reason. I can often conceal the latter from others.

I suppose the practical way of controlling it (the former) would be interspersing social time with some 'me time' but sometimes it just isnt possible hence the mood swings.

Have you identified what triggers your mood swings?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    An ENFP and an INFJ friend tell me that I can become cold and distant sometimes and they don't understand why. The ENFP was deeply bothered by it as was, to some extent, the INFJ. This often happens when I've been spending too much time with other people and I snap back into my head and spend a few hours there. Most of the time, that's when my mood swings kick in; when I'm all people'd out. A few times, I also snap into sad, withdrawn mode which often happens when I feel inadequate for whatever reason. I can often conceal the latter from others.

I suppose the practical way of controlling it (the former) would be interspersing social time with some 'me time' but sometimes it just isnt possible hence the mood swings.

Have you identified what triggers your mood swings?

I have a stressful life; 2 special needs kids. A mom is only as happy as her saddest child. : (

I also feel inadequate at times since my organization skills stink and that often leads to being late for appointments, forgetting to do things, etc. etc. My house is cluttered mess too! So .. yes, feeling inadequate as a mom and "homemaker" brings me down. Plus .. marriage on the rocks. : ( Feeling insignificant to spouse. Last but not least .. I returned to college last fall after 15 years absence and although I did well, I struggled with writing and test taking. I ended up on the Deans list .. so that was good! : )

Okay .. I said wayyyyyyy too much.

Yes, my closest ISFP person i know has CRAZY mood swings. She is well aware of it, and i would almost bet that is why she is so introverted and non-social at times. She needs a lot of "me" time. Not sure what she does in that space...but she is prone to being cold, distant and irritable. She can be quite negative as well at times. But when you get her in the good mood, she is so warm and lovely. I think that is why she hides away in her apartment so much...she is really into writing which i think is her healthy outlet..

yeah, I think the mood swings are a part of I'm reserved. things can really, deeply impact the way I'm feeling, so I tend to not open up as much so that I don't fly off the handle or whatevs.

huh, I had an ENFP and INFJ concerned about me being distant too! haha
    I also think I get like that because of that "people'd out" feeling. a little sullen, a little bitter, but mostly wanting to be alone. I get that way if I've just been criticized a lot.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Julie1962 View Post
    I have a stressful life; 2 special needs kids. A mom is only as happy as her saddest child. : (

I also feel inadequate at times since my organization skills stink and that often leads to being late for appointments, forgetting to do things, etc. etc. My house is cluttered mess too! So .. yes, feeling inadequate as a mom and "homemaker" brings me down. Plus .. marriage on the rocks. : ( Feeling insignificant to spouse. Last but not least .. I returned to college last fall after 15 years absence and although I did well, I struggled with writing and test taking. I ended up on the Deans list .. so that was good! : )

Okay .. I said wayyyyyyy too much.

I admire your tenacity, Julie.

Congratulations on ending up on the Dean's list.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't have moods.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel