User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Julie1962 View Post
    Wonder if other ISFP have terrible mood swings short of being Bi Polar.

Have you found non medication alternatives to getting to a balanced state of mind.

This is the number one reason I had so many arguments with my mum. I never knew where she was at! I always tried to rationalise her out of her moods, but this just made it so much worse.
    I have to say that since discovering all this Myers-Briggs stuff I do understand her a lot more and I'm far more patient and less judgemental towards her.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Taking a long walk does wonders for my moods. About ten miles is good.

Wonder if other ISFP have terrible mood swings short of being Bi Polar.

Have you found non medication alternatives to getting to a balanced state of mind.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

you guys get silent when you're angry, right?
    ive seen you guys get distant too, although im not certain on what it means, im guessing its some kind of pre-emptive defence.
    and isfp affection manifests in physical displays? not nessarily romantic ones but things like trying to be around someone, talking quietly in their ear for no real reason, leaning on them, and what have you.

sorry, not much about mood swings, just trying to read the mood that you're in.
    Last edited by Ulaes; 07-14-2009 at 07:53 PM.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    you guys get silent when you're angry, right?
    ive seen you guys get distant too, although im not certain on what it means, im guessing its some kind of pre-emptive defence.
    and isfp affection manifests in physical displays? not nessarily romantic ones but things like trying to be around someone, talking quietly in their ear for no real reason, leaning on them, and what have you.

sorry, not much about mood swings, just trying to read the mood that you're in.

Yes .. silent and distant just about covers it when I'm angry. It's hard expressing negative feelings so I tend to go silent until the emotions aren't as strong and I can rationally discuss the problem. It may take a few days or weeks ..

Affection in physical displays? Is there any other way?

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

'Course they have mood swings. That's what makes 'em so good at all that useless art.

EDIT: Kidding, of course. Gotta keep a cap on the trolling 'round here. I love good art, although I personally don't get the abstract kind.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Yes .. silent and distant just about covers it when I'm angry. It's hard expressing negative feelings so I tend to go silent until the emotions aren't as strong and I can rationally discuss the problem. It may take a few days or weeks ..

Affection in physical displays? Is there any other way?
    could you please elaborate on the distant thing for me? would you purposley ignore or fein less interest in someone you had some kind of emotional investment in?

ive had a couple isfps bashfully tell me they were attracted to my personality. what stage are you at then? is that easy for you to admit?

the undermining emotions dont nessarily have to be romantic, becuase im not sure if the either of the two isfps im thinking of feel for me romantically. i think its an admiration and/or friendship thing.

how do you guys deal with being looked over, which i often see happen, not because people don't like you but because they're too selfasbsorbed or distracted to see the quiet isfp?

yeah, im curious as well. MY ISFP crush gushes all the time to me about how great/beautiful, etc. i am, but she only does it via text after we have just left eachother's company. She doesn't tell me directly or in the moment. And they are usually things like "you are so great" "i miss you" etc... but i dont know if its a romantic thing or just a "i love you to death as a friend" thing....... so frustrating! The other thing is that i notice that when we are not together, i constantly get texts asking me what i'm doing, almost like this creepy vibe that she is indirectly trying to keep an eye on me....but this could stem more out of insecurity/ missing me rather than jealousy. not sure.

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Dude, totally go for it. She wants inside your pants, that much is obvious.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

I do have mood swings but only if I have a good reason, some one has treated me rudely or treated one of my family badly. I am naturally a very nervous person and brings out more mood swings. I had a ENTP bipolar friend, indifinitely had, who could barely live her life because of her mood swings and consequencly loses many friends because her need to treat other people like shit. Very sad because I do like her but I will not tolerate abuse of any level, jokingly or not.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    No I have quite stable moods, that are hard to shift.
    Yep I do too. If I ever get into a bad mood I can usually distract myself or start doing an activity that will change my mood back to a pleasant one.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)