• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SPs Inner life

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ponder this one: the master archer who's goal is to hit the target aims less for the physical target and more for the target 'inside of himself'. Get what's inside under control and everything falls into place. Try to force what's going on outside to work and you will screw up.

AND...

Simplified: In a real way I "live" via my inner world to connect to reality, but I try to stay away from dwelling on my inner emotions - I don't see a purpose to it.

Both of these are excellent statements; I totally identify with these but never would have found these words to say as such. Props to you!

:nice:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've talked at length with xSTP's and one ISFP and found plenty of stuff there to relate to and often very rich inner lives going on there, but I find my ESFP sister quite strange to my mind, because though I've known her all my life and always tried to understand her and be there for her, she honestly seems to just not have much of an inner life at all. It's not that she's not capable of it, it seems more like she just plain doesn't want one. Her answer to just about any thought that comes into her mind that isn't entirely concrete and mundane has always been, for as long as I've known her, to find something external to "make it go away". And she never, ever wants to talk about it... not just with me, but with anyone else I've talked to who knows her.

I used to think this made her shallow and that was a bad thing. She actually says herself that she's shallow, but without shame. And that made me think... why did I think it was such a bad thing anyway? I mean, who's more prejudiced? The one who calls her shallow, or the one who automatically assumes that's a bad thing? She seems happy that way... if it's who she really is... and being that way gives her the wherewithal to perform those functions in society that she wants to... so be it!

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
No, I doubt STPs would care about emotional inner life.

Suprisingly, you'd be wrong. I actually do, and am quite in touch with it so to speak. Discussions about it and open expression of it, though, are limited to a very small number of people. I don't think about the "unanswerable questions" much, the very nature of the title makes it pointless to me, however I do think about my emotions quite a lot. It's quite logical that I would, just as I analyze everything else, I analyze my emotions and reactions to things, and use it to understand how I work, what I like and dislike, etc...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought it was pretty funny, myself.... especially the one for ESTPs :laugh:

REF: "ESTP: You are hellbound anyway, so don't bother. Just sleep in."

YES! I will have an administrative position in hell! I knew it!

Yaaa-Hoooo!!!! :yay: :devil:

You know, I am very spiritual, and very scientific, and none of it is in conflict with my schema of all worlds, but I have never been compelled to go to the same place every Sunday and sing songs. That is not the work God intended for me, and I know he will not cast me down to hell for skipping it, for it is I who do the good things in the real world, while his other children are singing songs. Someone has to hold the fort!!!

:newwink:

There is no hell, our God is one of love, if he will forgive murderers on their death bed, then he will forgive ESTPs for being his unconventional yet loving children. :cheese:

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

You know, I am very spiritual, and very scientific, and none of it is in conflict with my schema of all worlds, but I have never been compelled to go to the same place every Sunday and sing songs. That is not the work God intended for me, and I know he will not cast me down to hell for skipping it, for it is I who do the good things in the real world, while his other children are singing songs. Someone has to hold the fort!!!

There is no hell, our God is one of love, if he will forgive murderers on their death bed, then he will forgive ESTPs for being his unconventional yet loving children. :cheese:

Well, I'm glad that you are very spiritual and believe in a God who is all about love. I am a believer in that as well. However, I do think hell exists, unfortunately.
There are a lot of people who have had near death experiences and described the tunnel with a bright light, a feeling of warmth and love, and being greeted by deceased relatives. However, one guy had a near death experience that wasn't so pleasant- demons apparently started gnawing on him! :horor: I have decided lately that maybe we humans would rather not acknowledge that there actually is a God who created us and everything else, because once you admit to yourself that it's pretty clear that God exists and there really is such a thing as hell, it's kind of scary.

DAZ89

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Yowzers. The best religious viewed post I've ever seen/heard anywhere, and a lot like mine. :shock:

*reads the page* ...ESTPhmmlajklw....INFJ hmmmfarglegarble..blah....INTP--eh HEEEEY! :steam:

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
Ponder this one: the master archer who's goal is to hit the target aims less for the physical target and more for the target 'inside of himself'. Get what's inside under control and everything falls into place. Try to force what's going on outside to work and you will screw up.

Halla74 said:
Both of these are excellent statements; I totally identify with these but never would have found these words to say as such. Props to you!

:nice:

Halla, no doubt you can identify this one, at the very least, in lifting?

I think once you get past the basic learning stages of any activity it becomes pretty much entirely emotional. It could apply to deadlifting as well as it could to folding laundry, although I don't have a need to fold my laundry with such precision.

Not really on topic, but I think the thread is fried anyway.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Would you prefer it if non-SP's stayed away from the SP forum? Sometimes I get the distinct impression that you guys don't really like other types posting here. :huh:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
umm...what?

The thread is fried meaning it has reached its conclusion and won't continue to be viewed/posted in. In the same way you might describe a cell phone dropped in the toilet as fried. Dead.

Of course, it's had only been a day or so since the last post before mine, but I just had the feeling it was running out of steam.

Absolutely nothing to do with the SP forum or other types, not sure where you got that conclusion.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
umm...what?

The thread is fried meaning it has reached its conclusion and won't continue to be viewed/posted in. In the same way you might describe a cell phone dropped in the toilet as fried. Dead.

Of course, it's had only been a day or so since the last post before mine, but I just had the feeling it was running out of steam.

Absolutely nothing to do with the SP forum or other types, not sure where you got that conclusion.

Oh, O.K. I thought you meant it was fried because it went off topic a little bit (the religion stuff).

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Would you prefer it if non-SP's stayed away from the SP forum? Sometimes I get the distinct impression that you guys don't really like other types posting here. :huh:

Nah. If we didn't have non-SPs, we'd have no one to make an impact on. :cool:

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
I think everyone has an inner life, no?

Wouldn't that mean that they're dead inside if they don't?

Well anyways, my best friend is an ISFP(from my guesstimation skills), and she has a wonderful inner life. It tends to take the same values and views as mine, which is why I'd say we are so close.

The only difference, I would say, is that she doesn't seem to take as much importance to her inner life as I do. Like, she doesn't really care much if it's neglected for more time than I could ever handle, or she doesn't really actively seek to nourish it, I guess. Also, her inner life is much more concrete. Mines is way, and i mean way more fantasy/dreamy/unrealistically oriented.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Halla, no doubt you can identify this one, at the very least, in lifting?

I think once you get past the basic learning stages of any activity it becomes pretty much entirely emotional. It could apply to deadlifting as well as it could to folding laundry, although I don't have a need to fold my laundry with such precision.

My brother, you have hit the nail on the head once again. I probably take longer than most to learn things, but once I do they are mine forever and I can conjure them at will, to deploy them as I learned them or to integrate them seamlessly with all I have ever learned in a context that is specific to whatever it is I am doing that moment.

I don't THINK my way through my workouts, this is very true. I show up knowing what muscle groups I am working that day, and then assess my energy level at the time, and then go for it. Regarding a deadlift, that is an uncanny example. There are times when I am getting ready for a set of deadlifts (I don't max out anymore), and I hover at the bottom, finding the exact grip on the bar with my hands, getting just the right amount of air in my lungs, and then as soon as the tension in my legs is just right BOOM! There I go. I didn't think about any of it.

Unfortunately, unlike you, I am locked to putting the same amount of focus/intensity into folding laundry as a deadlift. :doh: Maybe this is a difference in E/I? Maybe I should try to be an introvert for a few weeks. :rofl1:

BTW, to others, I have no issue with members of other types commenting in the SP forums. I trespass in other forums all the time, and I honestly like to hear other vantage points.

Cheers to all!

:cheers:

-Alex