User Tag List

First 234

Thread: SPs Inner life

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Ponder this one: the master archer who's goal is to hit the target aims less for the physical target and more for the target 'inside of himself'. Get what's inside under control and everything falls into place. Try to force what's going on outside to work and you will screw up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74
    Both of these are excellent statements; I totally identify with these but never would have found these words to say as such. Props to you!

Halla, no doubt you can identify this one, at the very least, in lifting?

I think once you get past the basic learning stages of any activity it becomes pretty much entirely emotional. It could apply to deadlifting as well as it could to folding laundry, although I don't have a need to fold my laundry with such precision.

Not really on topic, but I think the thread is fried anyway.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Would you prefer it if non-SP's stayed away from the SP forum? Sometimes I get the distinct impression that you guys don't really like other types posting here.

MBTI
    XXFP

umm...what?

The thread is fried meaning it has reached its conclusion and won't continue to be viewed/posted in. In the same way you might describe a cell phone dropped in the toilet as fried. Dead.

Of course, it's had only been a day or so since the last post before mine, but I just had the feeling it was running out of steam.

Absolutely nothing to do with the SP forum or other types, not sure where you got that conclusion.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

umm...what?

The thread is fried meaning it has reached its conclusion and won't continue to be viewed/posted in. In the same way you might describe a cell phone dropped in the toilet as fried. Dead.

Of course, it's had only been a day or so since the last post before mine, but I just had the feeling it was running out of steam.

Absolutely nothing to do with the SP forum or other types, not sure where you got that conclusion.
    Oh, O.K. I thought you meant it was fried because it went off topic a little bit (the religion stuff).

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    Would you prefer it if non-SP's stayed away from the SP forum? Sometimes I get the distinct impression that you guys don't really like other types posting here.
    Nah. If we didn't have non-SPs, we'd have no one to make an impact on.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    UFO

I think everyone has an inner life, no?

Wouldn't that mean that they're dead inside if they don't?

Well anyways, my best friend is an ISFP(from my guesstimation skills), and she has a wonderful inner life. It tends to take the same values and views as mine, which is why I'd say we are so close.

The only difference, I would say, is that she doesn't seem to take as much importance to her inner life as I do. Like, she doesn't really care much if it's neglected for more time than I could ever handle, or she doesn't really actively seek to nourish it, I guess. Also, her inner life is much more concrete. Mines is way, and i mean way more fantasy/dreamy/unrealistically oriented.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Halla, no doubt you can identify this one, at the very least, in lifting?

I think once you get past the basic learning stages of any activity it becomes pretty much entirely emotional. It could apply to deadlifting as well as it could to folding laundry, although I don't have a need to fold my laundry with such precision.

My brother, you have hit the nail on the head once again. I probably take longer than most to learn things, but once I do they are mine forever and I can conjure them at will, to deploy them as I learned them or to integrate them seamlessly with all I have ever learned in a context that is specific to whatever it is I am doing that moment.

I don't THINK my way through my workouts, this is very true. I show up knowing what muscle groups I am working that day, and then assess my energy level at the time, and then go for it. Regarding a deadlift, that is an uncanny example. There are times when I am getting ready for a set of deadlifts (I don't max out anymore), and I hover at the bottom, finding the exact grip on the bar with my hands, getting just the right amount of air in my lungs, and then as soon as the tension in my legs is just right BOOM! There I go. I didn't think about any of it.

Unfortunately, unlike you, I am locked to putting the same amount of focus/intensity into folding laundry as a deadlift. Maybe this is a difference in E/I? Maybe I should try to be an introvert for a few weeks.

BTW, to others, I have no issue with members of other types commenting in the SP forums. I trespass in other forums all the time, and I honestly like to hear other vantage points.

Cheers to all!

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    Edit: LOL, look what I found: Religion and Type - An MBTI Perspective
    WTH is that?
    Jesus Christ. Lol.
    What a sense of humor.