Thread: SPs Inner life

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Ponder this one: the master archer who's goal is to hit the target aims less for the physical target and more for the target 'inside of himself'. Get what's inside under control and everything falls into place. Try to force what's going on outside to work and you will screw up.
    AND...

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Simplified: In a real way I "live" via my inner world to connect to reality, but I try to stay away from dwelling on my inner emotions - I don't see a purpose to it.
    Both of these are excellent statements; I totally identify with these but never would have found these words to say as such. Props to you!

MBTI
    ENTP

I've talked at length with xSTP's and one ISFP and found plenty of stuff there to relate to and often very rich inner lives going on there, but I find my ESFP sister quite strange to my mind, because though I've known her all my life and always tried to understand her and be there for her, she honestly seems to just not have much of an inner life at all. It's not that she's not capable of it, it seems more like she just plain doesn't want one. Her answer to just about any thought that comes into her mind that isn't entirely concrete and mundane has always been, for as long as I've known her, to find something external to "make it go away". And she never, ever wants to talk about it... not just with me, but with anyone else I've talked to who knows her.

I used to think this made her shallow and that was a bad thing. She actually says herself that she's shallow, but without shame. And that made me think... why did I think it was such a bad thing anyway? I mean, who's more prejudiced? The one who calls her shallow, or the one who automatically assumes that's a bad thing? She seems happy that way... if it's who she really is... and being that way gives her the wherewithal to perform those functions in society that she wants to... so be it!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post

Edit: LOL, look what I found: Religion and Type - An MBTI Perspective
    Appalling.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    Appalling.

I thought it was pretty funny, myself.... especially the one for ESTPs

MBTI
    ISTP

No, I doubt STPs would care about emotional inner life.
    Suprisingly, you'd be wrong. I actually do, and am quite in touch with it so to speak. Discussions about it and open expression of it, though, are limited to a very small number of people. I don't think about the "unanswerable questions" much, the very nature of the title makes it pointless to me, however I do think about my emotions quite a lot. It's quite logical that I would, just as I analyze everything else, I analyze my emotions and reactions to things, and use it to understand how I work, what I like and dislike, etc...
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    I thought it was pretty funny, myself.... especially the one for ESTPs
    REF: "ESTP: You are hellbound anyway, so don't bother. Just sleep in."

YES! I will have an administrative position in hell! I knew it!

Yaaa-Hoooo!!!!

You know, I am very spiritual, and very scientific, and none of it is in conflict with my schema of all worlds, but I have never been compelled to go to the same place every Sunday and sing songs. That is not the work God intended for me, and I know he will not cast me down to hell for skipping it, for it is I who do the good things in the real world, while his other children are singing songs. Someone has to hold the fort!!!

There is no hell, our God is one of love, if he will forgive murderers on their death bed, then he will forgive ESTPs for being his unconventional yet loving children.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

Yaaa-Hoooo!!!!

You know, I am very spiritual, and very scientific, and none of it is in conflict with my schema of all worlds, but I have never been compelled to go to the same place every Sunday and sing songs. That is not the work God intended for me, and I know he will not cast me down to hell for skipping it, for it is I who do the good things in the real world, while his other children are singing songs. Someone has to hold the fort!!!

There is no hell, our God is one of love, if he will forgive murderers on their death bed, then he will forgive ESTPs for being his unconventional yet loving children.
    Well, I'm glad that you are very spiritual and believe in a God who is all about love. I am a believer in that as well. However, I do think hell exists, unfortunately.
    There are a lot of people who have had near death experiences and described the tunnel with a bright light, a feeling of warmth and love, and being greeted by deceased relatives. However, one guy had a near death experience that wasn't so pleasant- demons apparently started gnawing on him! :horor: I have decided lately that maybe we humans would rather not acknowledge that there actually is a God who created us and everything else, because once you admit to yourself that it's pretty clear that God exists and there really is such a thing as hell, it's kind of scary.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

Yaaa-Hoooo!!!!

Yowzers. The best religious viewed post I've ever seen/heard anywhere, and a lot like mine.

*reads the page* ...ESTPhmmlajklw....INFJ hmmmfarglegarble..blah....INTP--eh HEEEEY! :steam:

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

LOL!! I'm a Hare Krishna!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    xxxx

Here's a T speaking
    No, I doubt STPs would care about emotional inner life.
    Indeed. Because we have no emotions. And we do not bleed when cut, because we aren't human enough for blood to flow through our cold, cruel veins.

P.S. I ate a kitten for breakfast this morning. Raw. And I didn't brush my teeth afterwards. *flashes a wide toothy grin*

Epic!!!!