123 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Default ISFP- The most misunderstood?

So according to this site The Temperament Sorter apparently ISFPs are the most misunderstood.

What do you think about this? If you're ISFP do you feel misunderstood? I can see how an independent and not very verbal nature could lead to this. While the likes of INFJ and INFP are complex people they have a gift for communication to get their perspective across that we may not have.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

i most definitely have a wild ride trying to figure out the ISFP. I thikn they can be full of contradictions, but mainly due to their weak ability to communicate through words, at elast in my experience. ...it is hard to ever get comfortable with them..because they often crawl into a hole and need a lot of space-- even when they seem to really like you!

i scatch my head quite often with them, yet i am drawn to their beauty and appreciation for the world...the way they express themselves. I think they are quite woonderful people

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i like ISFPs, i find it easier to connect with them than other types. my closest friends tend to be ISFPs. i feel like i have an understanding with my ISFP friends, that we operate in different but overlapping ways.

i do think that ISFPs are misunderstood somewhat. but i also think ISFPs have a tendency to feel slightly more misunderstood than they really are.

I don't know, maybe, maybe not. People would have to tell me what they're thinking first.
    Likes e.lee.sa liked this post

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I've known an ISFP for years and still can't really understand what makes him tick, which is sometimes frustrating but I suspect it is also one of the reasons we're still friends. He sends a lot of mixed messages, but I don't think that's representative of all ISFPs. I think even if they are frequently misinterpreted they are generally well liked by a variety of people. They have an innate ability to sympathize and interact with others that fascinates me...the SP mindset is in general pretty foreign to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    While the likes of INFJ and INFP are complex people they have a gift for communication to get their perspective across that we may not have.
    In writing maybe....not so much in speech (speaking for INFP). Then I'm just like "blah blah blah".

ISFPs seem to get lumped in with INXXs when it comes to having "difficulty" in life though, possibly from being misunderstood. I consistently see MBTI profiles commenting on this, and ISFPs seem the only sensors to "suffer" as INXX's do . How true that is....well, I guess you ISFPs have to say.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

ISFP are cool, I can read you just fine.

You mean ISTP, the lone wolf?

Not very verbal nature, what do you mean not very verbal nature. My ISFP friends got the gift of the gab. Well okay, selective gift of the gab but a gift of the gab nonetheless. They know lots of people and can relate to them like a water soluble tablet. Of course that is perhaps because I am so introverted I don't really notice the nuances that show how much non relatedness they may have with some people. And sure there is the toilet humour and the what not but they are able to be earthy dwellers that respond well to others.

ah but do INFPs and INFJs really get their points across, i don't think so. often than not more misunderstood than paper weight, there it goes off along the breeze, just a flutter and wind has it.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Not very verbal nature, what do you mean not very verbal nature. My ISFP friends got the gift of the gab. Well okay, selective gift of the gab but a gift of the gab nonetheless.
    Hmmm I know some ISFPs can speak well, I don't see it in my self often though and most ISFP descriptions mention quietness and expressing ourselves through actions rather than words. I am a different person with people I trust but even then, expressing myself through words doesn't come naturally.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

The things is, if we are misunderstood, I don't know if I have a big problem with that, and probably half of it is by choice, being intentionally vague about personal things.

Quinlan's Creations

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

ISFPs aren't misunderstood.... they're just strange. They get, by far, the WIERDEST ideas. Kiersey just doesn't want to call you guys strange, but I am more heartless. I'm not gonna be a counselor like kiersey was, that's for sure