First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    ISFPs aren't misunderstood.... they're just strange. Kiersey just doesn't want to call you guys strange, but I am more heartless. I'm not gonna be a counselor like kiersey was, that's for sure
    Fair enough, most types are strange from my perspective though.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

ISFPs seem pretty simple to me in terms of their needs and wants, but they tend to have complex emotions.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

To me, ISFPs really seem to stay well above the fray concerning almost everything. When that happens, you end up not knowing where someone stands, their opinions, and what they're about. I don't think they're necessarily holding back, but that they just have a preference towards nonalignment and simplicity. A perpetual blank slate, of sorts.

I don't really get what they mean by most misunderstood in the description. It's so vague. Probably, like others have said, ISFP tend to keep things to themselves and that leads to misunderstandings. My brother is also ISFP and he isn't hard to understand.

It's kind of interesting though, but we would have to check others understanding of us against our own understanding of ourselves to really get to the bottom of it. And that's not going to happen in a hurry.

As far as getting their thoughts across in text. I find ISFP and ISTP the easiest to understand.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Whoa, irony. 3am today, I was actually feeling like the most misunderstood person on the planet. I was writing blog entries about it, ranting and every though and was thinking of all the times I felt left out or criticized for being too naive or careless when it was just the opposite. This "I feel so different, blahblah" mood disappeared though when I just pushed myself to stop thinking that way... and that everyone was unique and beautiful in their own way... and stuff.

ISFPs seem pretty simple to me in terms of their needs and wants, but they tend to have complex emotions.

I can get so emotional and break down at the most random times... But maybe that's just me.

ISFPs aren't misunderstood.... they're just strange. Kiersey just doesn't want to call you guys strange, but I am more heartless. I'm not gonna be a counselor like kiersey was, that's for sure
    LOL. I find being called strange more of a compliment really!

About being verbal; I dunno about that. I find myself getting tongue tied and jumbling up my words constantly. Of course, that could just stem from the fact that I usually don't talk confidently unless I was truly comfortable around you. Kinda like what Quinlan said, actually.
    4w5.

"We trust the local doctor, we trust the medicine.
    Our child gets a scratch, we get our child a brand new head.
    We eat what's on our plate, we drink what's in our cup...
    We like the shiny TV screen, it spits, we lap it up...
    They sing a song, we hum along.
    We sing; but we don't understand the words to the song."
    -- High As A Horse

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think I am understood by the people who really try. But not by the people that just go by assumptions.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

what kinds of steps do you really appreciate people taking to try and get to know you? I know ISFP tend to really like privacy as well, so what is a good balance? Actions? Words? ISFP tend to show affection through actions, but is this always reciprocal? Do genuine words have a good effect on the ISFP?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

I often feel misunderstood especially by my ENFJ husband. I've tried many times to explain my feelings, opinions and concerns but what comes out of my mouth is nothing close to what I wanted to express. He usually ends up saying that I'm too complicated. So .. I've learned not to even try to explain myself with him.
    I usually do well communicating with my SF friends though.

I also hate small talk and when at social gatherings I am quiet, reserved and I feel that I come across as snobbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I'm ISFP with a weaker S. In a family of ISTJ and ISTP and another T, I feel I've been misunderstood most of my life. Sometimes I don't even understand the complexity and intensity of my emotions, and I seek solitude when it becomes unbearable. I live an unassuming life, so when others assume it makes life hard on us.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by markscol View Post
    what kinds of steps do you really appreciate people taking to try and get to know you? I know ISFP tend to really like privacy as well, so what is a good balance? Actions? Words? ISFP tend to show affection through actions, but is this always reciprocal? Do genuine words have a good effect on the ISFP?
    I'm a very open person, and have no problem talking at length about myself (as anyone who's conversed with me on Vent can attest. ) So, really, just asking me about myself and actually listening to what I say and considering it is really all that is probably required. Obviously, people that spend time with me in person will have the opportunity to get to know all sides of me better, and I usually try to do the same with whoever I'm with, so hopefully as we spend time together and talk and share we can come to some mutual understandings. I really don't think I'm complex, but a part of me does like to remain unpredictable.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel