User Tag List

123 Last

Default Why are ESFPs conservative?

404 Not Found
    ESFP

We had 67 ESFPs volunteer their political affiliation. The breakdown is as follows:

1. Republican - 34% (23/67)
    2. Not Political - 19% (13/67)
    3. Democrat - 13% (9/67)
    4. Middle of the Road - 12% (8/67)
    5. Conservative - 10% (7/67)
    6. Liberal - 7% (5/67)
    7. Other - 3% (2/67)
    8. Libertarian - 0% (0/67)
    According to these statistics ESFPs are the most conservative type, next to INTJ, lol.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, that's only 67 people. You'd have to know something about them individually to know why there were more Republicans. I think SPs in general are the least likely to be strongly tied to a political party. We are more likely independent and making choices based on the situation at hand.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

This explains why I'm the only ENFP who is really conservative - in reality, I'm an ESFP! Who'da thunk it?
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'll bet it's because they're non-conformist and hate being predictable (a.k.a. boring), and most people would expect them to be liberal, so they're like, "Hellz naw, beatch, I'm an over-the-top patriotic American and love 'family values.' Yay Reagan, yeeeee haaaaw!" Yup, that's gotta be it.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    I'll bet it's because they're non-conformist and hate being predictable (a.k.a. boring), and most people would expect them to be liberal, so they're like, "Hellz naw, beatch, I'm an over-the-top patriotic American and love 'family values.' Yay Reagan, yeeeee haaaaw!" Yup, that's gotta be it.
    lol

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Actually, my ESFP sister has said something along these lines to me in the past. That everyone thinks she should be liberal (being of mixed ethnic origin and emotionally effusive), and she enjoys their expressions of surprise when she spouts off about how much she hates liberals and feminists.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

A poll of ESFP's that are going to poll online in a forum may not be representative of their type. Just a thought.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Yeah, that's only 67 people. You'd have to know something about them individually to know why there were more Republicans. I think SPs in general are the least likely to be strongly tied to a political party. We are more likely independent and making choices based on the situation at hand.
    Actually, it's sort of funny -- but my SFP friends IRL are usually conservatives as well. It wigged me out, honestly. Even my ESFP kid has strong conservative overtones. Now, if I had grown up in liberal circles, maybe I would have met a lot more SFP non-conservatives, but in the general area around here, I definitely saw the bias.

I'm thinking SFP is open to imprinting when younger and absorb surrounding cultural values. I'd be interested in seeing STP political leanings.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I'm not a conservative, at least about most issues. None of the political parties really appeal to me, especially on a national level, however. But... when I vote, I split my ticket!
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Actually, my ESFP sister has said something along these lines to me in the past. That everyone thinks she should be liberal (being of mixed ethnic origin and emotionally effusive), and she enjoys their expressions of surprise when she spouts off about how much she hates liberals and feminists.
    Yeah, that sounds like an SP. We are more about defying expectations than devout principles much of the time.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel