User Tag List

123 Last

Default Why do ISFP tend to underestimate themselves and their impact?

Do you have any theory on why ISFP tend to underestimate themselves and their impact?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Well than *snippy-paste wall post*

I think it has to do with skills, feedback and impressing other people. Y’all thrive on positive feedback and also try to maximise using natural skills and abilities, when those two are combined an ISFP is in their element, when they don't get feedback, or struggle with accomplishing something I think they get really hard on themselves, although that part often isn't verbalised. There is quite a bit of self doubt in any area that isn't mastered and recognised.

I like recognition. It’s very important to get complimented soon after an accomplishment. If something goes unnoticed or unrewarded, it doesn’t have the immediate impact that I want. I’ve been learning my own positive self-talk. I tend to be a workaholic at whatever it is I am doing. You might say I’m a perfectionist. I want people to be impressed with my performance. I don’t want anyone to be unhappy with my performance so I continue to perform, and that is kind of a driving force. It has been a constant struggle to not overdo it. I need a positive environment to work in and I need the people I’m working with to support me.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Do ISFPs really feel this way? I got to be more kind/reactive to the ISFPs in my life then.

Maybe it has to do with a lot of the things that an ISFP brings to the table are intangibles. Others can see how they are making them feel and the effect they are having but unless that is communicated concretely back to the ISFP there is no way of the ISFP knowing for sure.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I can only speak for myself, but I have very little concept of how I'm perceived by others, whether I'm doing well or not, I'll never know unless someone tells me very directly and straight up, even then my first instinct is to dismiss it or explain it away.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but I have very little concept of how I'm perceived by others, whether I'm doing well or not, I'll never know unless someone tells me very directly and straight up, even then my first instinct is to dismiss it or explain it away.
    I feel the same way.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

Unfortunately, in school I was treated like I was stupid, so to this day I still have anger problems about it and when someone is complementing me I think they don't mean it. I'm fucked up in the head.

But I bend over backward to be kind to others.

The worst is people call me "sweetie" and I get mad because I think they are being condescending. What do you guys think?

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I had a similar experience in school. I was treated as if I was stupid. The attitude toward me seemed to be that I just wasn't capable of learning more difficult subjects so why bother letting me take those classes.
    I've always felt that I had to prove that I was smart and that's not easy. I'm never really satisfied with myself.
    The thing that bothers me most is when people ignore me or treat me like I don't exist. Even I start wondering if I'm real or if maybe I'm just a figment of someone's imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrannies View Post
    Unfortunately, in school I was treated like I was stupid, so to this day I still have anger problems about it and when someone is complementing me I think they don't mean it. I'm fucked up in the head.

But I bend over backward to be kind to others.

The worst is people call me "sweetie" and I get mad because I think they are being condescending. What do you guys think?
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Socionics
    ISFP

Walking Tourist. Thank you. I feel the same, too. I like to be left alone but sometimes it really hurts.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I was never treated as if I was stupid in school, more like very capable but too lazy, which is probably true!
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations