User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

DUDE!
    You are not alone. Yes, the places that you mention are nightmares for me, too. I actually went to every free hearing test that was offered because I thought that I was going deaf. But the hearing tests are given in quiet environments and my hearing is actually better than normal.
    When I'm trying to concentrate, I listen to music. I can't concentrate if someone is singing. I need instrumental music for that.
    I don't know if it's just an ISFP thing but I kind of suspect that other types may experience this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    DUDE, you mean I am not the only one with this problem??? Restaurants, pubs, bars, and clubs are absolute NIGHTMARES for me because I literally cannot hear what other people are saying. I feel like, dude, am I going deaf? But this does not happen without background noise.

I also hate it when I'm trying to sleep or concentrate and there is noise everywhere. GAHHH! So I have ear plugs and/or buds to listen to music that I know and it is predictable. Or a movie I've watched fifty million times and know by heart. Then I can concentrate.

:-/ Is this just an ISFP thing, or do other types have it, too?
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Do you have any theory on why ISFP tend to underestimate themselves and their impact?
    cuz its cute when they do.

nah, no real theory. i could pull somehting out of my ass but i think the forum would be a more intelligent place if i didnt.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    nah, no real theory. i could pull somehting out of my ass but i think the forum would be a more intelligent place if i didnt.
    That never stopped me.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

In my experience, it's that tricky Fi. The ISFP's internal thoughts and feelings overwhelm their ability to view their work objectively. Their perception of their work is more important than the actual quality of their work.

So ISFPs often need people to show them appreciation to help get them out of their overly-perfectionist heads. Here's the catch, though: While the ISFP needs that validation, they rarely do things for validation and praise. They do it for themselves, as a gesture to show their caring. So they quietly kick ass in pretty much everything they do, and people fail to notice because the ISFP doesn't demand they notice.

ISFPs seem to need people to praise them without being asked, and there are alot of people in the world that aren't up for that.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    In my experience, it's that tricky Fi. The ISFP's internal thoughts and feelings overwhelm their ability to view their work objectively. Their perception of their work is more important than the actual quality of their work.

So ISFPs often need people to show them appreciation to help get them out of their overly-perfectionist heads. Here's the catch, though: While the ISFP needs that validation, they rarely do things for validation and praise. They do it for themselves, as a gesture to show their caring. So they quietly kick ass in pretty much everything they do, and people fail to notice because the ISFP doesn't demand they notice.

ISFPs seem to need people to praise them without being asked, and there are alot of people in the world that aren't up for that.
    Forget all those other type websites, just read what Udog says! He's right on the money, and put it better than I ever could!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I think it has to do with skills, feedback and impressing other people. Y’all thrive on positive feedback and also try to maximise using natural skills and abilities, when those two are combined an ISFP is in their element, when they don't get feedback, or struggle with accomplishing something I think they get really hard on themselves, although that part often isn't verbalised. There is quite a bit of self doubt in any area that isn't mastered and recognised.
    I like recognition. It’s very important to get complimented soon after an accomplishment. If something goes unnoticed or unrewarded, it doesn’t have the immediate impact that I want. I’ve been learning my own positive self-talk. I tend to be a workaholic at whatever it is I am doing. You might say I’m a perfectionist. I want people to be impressed with my performance. I don’t want anyone to be unhappy with my performance so I continue to perform, and that is kind of a driving force. It has been a constant struggle to not overdo it. I need a positive environment to work in and I need the people I’m working with to support me.

Thanks, right on the money. Now that I know why it happens, I need a convenient work-around to insure it never happens again.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Think the keys are in positive self talk, surrounding yourself with people that you get good energy from and appreciate what it really means when you do something for them and say it's no big deal and also recognising when lack of feedback is affecting you and causing doubt. Mostly self talk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Forget all those other type websites, just read what Udog says! He's right on the money, and put it better than I ever could!
    Indeed! Very well said Udog.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Think the keys are in positive self talk, surrounding yourself with people that you get good energy from and appreciate what it really means when you do something for them and say it's no big deal and also recognising when lack of feedback is affecting you and causing doubt. Mostly self talk though.
    I can see how positive self talk would help. I wonder what self talk in this area would look like?
    I wonder why other types don't need the same level of feedback?
    I wonder what an ISTP or any other type says to themselves that lessens the need for feedback?
    ?

I really dislike that side of me and I've been trying to drive it out of me for as long as I can remember. I've mostly got rid of it but it still rears it's ugly head from time to time.

MBTI
    intp

While the ISFP needs that validation, they rarely do things for validation and praise. They do it for themselves, as a gesture to show their caring. So they quietly kick ass in pretty much everything they do, and people fail to notice because the ISFP doesn't demand they notice.
    QFT. This is part of what makes them adorable. But watch them light up when you give them their due.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I wonder why other types don't need the same level of feedback?
    I wonder what an ISTP or any other type says to themselves that lessens the need for feedback?
    i have the opposite problem that you describe in your original post. i don't feel that feedback from other people is important to me, even if it is from someone i respect. for me feedback from others is not relevant, because i feel that it is coming from someone who does not fully understand me, my process, and my situation. so i look to myself for validation, and if it is not there it won't help to get it from someone else.

I really dislike that side of me and I've been trying to drive it out of me for as long as I can remember. I've mostly got rid of it but it still rears it's ugly head from time to time.
    i am not so sure it is necessary to get rid of it completely.
    i think that looking for validation from other people puts you more in touch with other people, and makes you more aware of how your actions will affect people around you. i think it creates a connection between two people that is lost when you are only looking to yourself for validation.