• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] S's are VERY hard to find!

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
but aren't we part of that variety of crowds?? :D

i think leaving things to black and white leaves alot of room for interpretation across all types.
so all you's N's can discuss, debate and plot all your "would have been" scenes together. haha

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
i think leaving things to black and white leaves alot of room for interpretation across all types.
so all you's N's can discuss, debate and plot all your "would have been" scenes together. haha

I think it's absolutely adorable (though a little insulting) that you view us as people who just think of what ifs and would be situations. If my life were really like that, I would not be as accomplished as I am today... I don't spend my days in a cloud, theorizing. In fact, I could probably crush an SP on the dance floor, as well as on the tennis courts. We're not all so bad... Just sayin'.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Defragmybrain, what role does imagination play in your life?

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Oh ofcourse i'm generalizing. And i love N's. just a little bit sick of them lately... they're everywheeeere.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
but aren't you a graphic artist? you're being sarcastic, right?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have none.

It is a genuine question. Excuse the excessive stereotyping, but do you picture what you might look like with a new hair style? Do you try and figure out if a party might be more fun than another set of plans using imagination?

I'm genuinely curious about the thought process.

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
but aren't you a graphic artist? you're being sarcastic, right?

no absolutely no sarcasm. If i do have / use imagination, then i discredit it and do not realize when i use it. I have a very strange relationship with creativity...

to me, being an artist does not = creativity.

I was brought up on doing still lifes and figure model drawing. I wasn't exactly drawing princesses and dinosaurs. I like things that exist. There is no room for imagination in photorealism.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
That's the difference Sub is talking about, and what I wrote about in an SJ thread recently. These forums are for socializing but that's how I learn the most. I watch and observe and see the patterns between types. It gives you a more accurate picture than people just describing themselves. Most often people don't truly see themselves and thus inadvertently lie about who they are. I've learned volumes from this place.
For whatever reasons I find it hard to discuss type, when most cannot distinguish between the theories. People tend to discuss MB by alluding to temperament lingo (SP, NT...), discuss topics like J/P as though it truly means anything, attempt to convey theories with little knowledge of the basic principles, etc. I think there are other forums that that seem to have a greater appreciation for the principles of type. This is not a rant, but it's hard to discuss possible scenarios when so much energy is needed in rehashing over what should be basic. Again not a slam to the forum, but my observation and the same goes for INTPC and it's even more apparent at ENTP.ORG. Now here is a bit of irony that introverts purport to be non-socializers, however socialize on the forums? Maybe socializing is too loosely used and it should be noted that human contact is not as necessary.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
no absolutely no sarcasm. If i do have / use imagination, then i discredit it and do not realize when i use it. I have a very strange relationship with creativity...

I was brought up on doing still lifes and figure model drawing. I wasn't exactly drawing princesses and dinosaurs. I like things that exist. There is no room for imagination in photorealism.

Ok, so you see yourself more as an artisan, rather than an artist. I can understand that. But why do you discredit your imagination?

(and princesses do exist! there are quite a few remaining monarchies...)

For whatever reasons I find it hard to discuss type, when most cannot distinguish between the theories. People tend to discuss MB by alluding to temperament lingo (SP, NT...), discuss topics like J/P as though it truly means anything, attempt to convey theories with little knowledge of the basic principles, etc. I think there are other forums that that seem to have a greater appreciation for the principles of type.

The introverted function is different than being an introvert.

My intent on these forums is not to learn the lingo or have laymen teach me about Typology. I have books and courses for that.

I was referring to the interaction of different types on this forum in order to do my own empirical research. I see a huge difference between xNTPs but also so many similarities. But compared to xNTJs, we might as well be foreign animals. But yet we are all still NTs. This open communication style has taught me so much and I have learned how to deal with certain people irl because of it.

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I guess i was referring to make believe princesses. the point being, i don't think that imagination plays a large role in what i do. *shrug*

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everywhere i look,(locally) it seems that there are VERY few S's!

Online here, there are tons of N's.

In real life I don't know nearly as many. I know about five at my workplace (a tech shop), the rest pf the 80+ are all S's.

My extended entire family is S, except for one cousin.

In my nuclear family, there are three N's and two S's... sort of a rarity.

Pretty much everywhere I've gone in my area of the world and talked to people, I run across zillions of S types; it's been much harder to find N's.

One should be aware of type identification in terms of the SFP pattern too -- it can strongly emulate N but isn't N, there are some notable differences. And just because someone can talk art, creative stuff, or some abstracted ideas doesn't mean that they are N.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I think that is greatly oversimplifying what imagination is.... I can't imagine :cheese: being a graphic designer & not having any imagination or creativity. I mean, all designs start with an idea.

I actually wonder, with being in graphic design, if you aren't surrounded by a lot of N's after all. When I was in college studying design, I noticed a disproportionate amount of Ns. You'd except a lot of SPs to be designers, and there were some, but a lot more Ns than you'd normally see in one place.

Statistically, your experience is still puzzling, so maybe as mentioned, you're confusing those trying sound "deep" with actual Ns. Those people can annoy even Ns :D

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
OP, you are probably surrounded by S's. They are just less spontaneous than you. If you are surrounded by N's, please, give me your location. Also, if a person has to explain something to you multiple times before you understand it, that person is an N. An N is deep almost all the time. If you can discipline yourself for say 20 minutes, you can attempt to steer them into deeper topics. If they enjoy it, they are N's. If they attempt to return to the solid world, they are S's. Finally, a real N can spot N in someone very easily. Get an NF or an NT.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I know. It's like a zombie movie; they never stop comming.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
The graphic designers I know are all INxP types. That's the problem. If you go really anywhere else than home and work you'll find a slough of Ss. More than you would know what to do with. Stay out of coffee shops and go to restaurants, preferably the newer ones. Read the threads on where all us N people hang out and then do the opposite.

Sports, gyms, nightclubs, anything physical or requiring awareness of your surroundings to do it well, monster truck rallies, roller derbies, car races, construction sites with big machines to be operated, and any building with WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! emanating from it all are pretty likely bets for SPs.

If you want SJs in your life, look for anyone in a profession that tries to make other people keep the rules or keep the machinery of society turning smoothly (think accounting, insurance agencies, police work, elementary schools, some nurses etc). They will be there busily trying to find out what they are expected to do and how everyone around them ranks in relationship to them. (I mean no disrespect. I have several very near and dear SJs)

I understand your Lord of the Ringsy/D and D/medieval fair N typing, but there are exceptions to that trend. I don't understand what people like about that stuff and I am an INFJ. You might also be ignoring some NT traits in your understanding of the N people, hence jenocyde's comments. They want to make sure it's all perfectly accurate.

Where did you find your SO?

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
The graphic designers I know are all INxP types. That's the problem. If you go really anywhere else than home and work you'll find a slough of Ss. More than you would know what to do with. Stay out of coffee shops and go to restaurants, preferably the newer ones. Read the threads on where all us N people hang out and then do the opposite.

Sports, gyms, nightclubs, anything physical or requiring awareness of your surroundings to do it well, monster truck rallies, roller derbies, car races, construction sites with big machines to be operated, and any building with WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! emanating from it all are pretty likely bets for SPs.

If you want SJs in your life, look for anyone in a profession that tries to make other people keep the rules or keep the machinery of society turning smoothly (think accounting, insurance agencies, police work, elementary schools, some nurses etc). They will be there busily trying to find out what they are expected to do and how everyone around them ranks in relationship to them. (I mean no disrespect. I have several very near and dear SJs)

I understand your Lord of the Ringsy/D and D/medieval fair N typing, but there are exceptions to that trend. I don't understand what people like about that stuff and I am an INFJ. You might also be ignoring some NT traits in your understanding of the N people, hence jenocyde's comments. They want to make sure it's all perfectly accurate.

Where did you find your SO?

SO as in Significant Other?
i found my ISTJ boyfriend online. Imagine that.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Wow, no wonder you find so many N's; you make to S's I know seem philisophical.

Last edited: