• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] S's are VERY hard to find!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not hard to find for me. Most of the people I talk to are SJs I think, with a smattering of SPs that I recognize because I relate to them more. The Ns are much harder for me to scope out, but when they start busting out the "what if" questions, I can usually tell. :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not hard to find for me. Most of the people I talk to are SJs I think, with a smattering of SPs that I recognize because I relate to them more. The Ns are much harder for me to scope out, but when they start busting out the "what if" questions, I can usually tell. :)

Hah. As you have verified, simply asking "If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be?" seems to be an adequate litmus test.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've heard the inverse from N's, that S's are everywhere...

the reason is that privileged people (and most of the people on this site are, whether they admit it or not) like to think that they're part of a minority.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Really? It seems like 8 out of 10 people I meet are Ss. Are you sure you're typing them correctly?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everywhere i look,(locally) it seems that there are VERY few S's!
Everyone i meet seems to be an abstract thinker, going on random rants and tangents....
And while it is all very interesting and my ESFP self can get along with anyone, i feel like i want to RELATE.
Other than my boyfriend (great ISTJ find!)... i can't seem to find any tangible -five senses kinds of people.

Are any other S's finding this to be true?

I've heard the inverse from N's, that S's are everywhere... but i can't seem to find them!

You may be mistaking all Ps for Ns. Any ExxP is prone to going off on random rants and tangents, really.

You may just happen to have a mostly N circle of acquaintances, statistically improbable though that may be.

Try local sporting activities if you want to find SPs...as for SJs, I dunno--just be responsible and career-focused and you'll meet lots of them, I guess.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In San Francisco? There's tons!

How well do Ss type others?

I'm second only to the ENFP in ability to type others...and do it very quickly..

Send me the info and I'll give you the answer..

Statistical probability within 2 standard deviations!

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
You may be mistaking all Ps for Ns. Any ExxP is prone to going off on random rants and tangents, really.

You may just happen to have a mostly N circle of acquaintances, statistically improbable though that may be.

Try local sporting activities if you want to find SPs...as for SJs, I dunno--just be responsible and career-focused and you'll meet lots of them, I guess.

EXXP goes on random tangents but they're still specific and detail oriented. N's tend to think about the 'what ifs' as jeffster had pointed out. This is ALL i seem to hear around me!
and frankly, i could care less about what COULD be. what interests me is what IS HAPPENING.

i dunno. its just interesting.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Everywhere i look,(locally) it seems that there are VERY few S's!
Everyone i meet seems to be an abstract thinker, going on random rants and tangents....
And while it is all very interesting and my ESFP self can get along with anyone, i feel like i want to RELATE.
Other than my boyfriend (great ISTJ find!)... i can't seem to find any tangible -five senses kinds of people.

Are any other S's finding this to be true?

I've heard the inverse from N's, that S's are everywhere... but i can't seem to find them!

I think you're looking for something that doesn't have anything to do with S/N. You're dealing with the majority of people talking over you, or past you, or to their concept of you, and not TO you. You can't relate to what they're saying. This is really just how most people tend to see each other, because they usually don't "click" with any of each other's perceptions or reactions to things.

There are actually only a handful of people anyone really "gets." The rest are simply dealt with via a socially adaptive persona of some kind, and a few are intolerable. I don't know why.

You said that you're looking for tangible, five-senses kind of people? What kind are those? The ones who like to do things with people instead of talk? The ones who like to discuss what they've done instead of their ideas about things? The ones who are engaged with what's being felt or happening now, in conversation or action, and don't really think about it in terms of the past or future?

That could mean a lot of things. If you could narrow down what you mean, it might be easier to seek out the group you're looking for.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
You could always take up surfing, visit a car shop, join a skateboard park, landscaping and gardening sounds like a charm. Most physical sports activities are S friendly as are parties, outdoors near a swimming pool or jacuzzi if its warm. How about thrill seeking, bungee jumping, mountain climbing, dune buggy, roller coaster, gym junky adventurer sorts are S stylish. Suppose earthy, campy, party goes.

Popsicle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Go to a sports bar when your local team is playing. FULL of S's.

I really am surprised that you cannot find many S's. I seem to be surrounded by them. I work in a small office and I am pretty sure I am the only N there. My mostly ISFJ and ESFJ co-workers tend to treat me like some kind of pet...they make sure my office is straightened up, bring me lunch occasionally, fix my clothes, buy me accessories to match my outfits, etc. You know, all those things that SJ's are good at, but I fail at miserably.

deepthought

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't know how you cant find any S's maybe the introverted S's just sit in a train station or other public place with few people and expect to get at ES to talk to you.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
S's are hard to find? Where do you live, inside a lecture hall at Yale??

Oh San Francisco. There is a certain SP element to that whole culture. Look for the person who seems to be a little too excited about the drum circle he's in, or look for the person who is extremely good at frisbee or hacky sack.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
It shouldin't be hard at all. Are you sure your not hanging around N comfort zones?. To me N's are the very rare.. well versed people that i occasionally meet.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess it would be kind of annoying to be surrounded by N's constantly.
I was at an "N" party last night, as most of my boyfriend's friends are N's. (Mine are mostly S's)
I got really bored with politics and religion and and being naked in space conversations after a while and kind of hung around a bunch of SJ girls who were at the opposite end of the spectrum talking about parties and hair.

Either way its nice to have a mix as either of the two extremes can be too much!!!

Snow Turtle

Try not to associate strangeness/different with intuitive. Otherwise I find that I might mistype an atypical social reject SP as intuitive when in reality their thought process is sensor like. Philosophy, psychology, fantasy and Sci-Fi. They aren't N related topics. A sensor can be interested this as much as intuitives.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Haha, I am going to get flamed for this but I thought it was hilarious and couldn't resist:

It's so ironic that for such a strong S, you fail to see what's right in front of you.

:rofl1:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We're around!

Have you ever watched any of the current reality shows? There are lots of S's on them. Try trendy places and outdoor activities. The introverted ones probably keep to themselves more though.