http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/18/182571.png

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Not hard to find for me. Most of the people I talk to are SJs I think, with a smattering of SPs that I recognize because I relate to them more. The Ns are much harder for me to scope out, but when they start busting out the "what if" questions, I can usually tell.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Not hard to find for me. Most of the people I talk to are SJs I think, with a smattering of SPs that I recognize because I relate to them more. The Ns are much harder for me to scope out, but when they start busting out the "what if" questions, I can usually tell.
    Hah. As you have verified, simply asking "If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be?" seems to be an adequate litmus test.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by defragmybrain View Post
    I've heard the inverse from N's, that S's are everywhere...
    the reason is that privileged people (and most of the people on this site are, whether they admit it or not) like to think that they're part of a minority.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Really? It seems like 8 out of 10 people I meet are Ss. Are you sure you're typing them correctly?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Everywhere i look,(locally) it seems that there are VERY few S's!
    Everyone i meet seems to be an abstract thinker, going on random rants and tangents....
    And while it is all very interesting and my ESFP self can get along with anyone, i feel like i want to RELATE.
    Other than my boyfriend (great ISTJ find!)... i can't seem to find any tangible -five senses kinds of people.

Are any other S's finding this to be true?

I've heard the inverse from N's, that S's are everywhere... but i can't seem to find them!
    You may be mistaking all Ps for Ns. Any ExxP is prone to going off on random rants and tangents, really.

You may just happen to have a mostly N circle of acquaintances, statistically improbable though that may be.

Try local sporting activities if you want to find SPs...as for SJs, I dunno--just be responsible and career-focused and you'll meet lots of them, I guess.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

In San Francisco? There's tons!

How well do Ss type others?

I'm second only to the ENFP in ability to type others...and do it very quickly..

Send me the info and I'll give you the answer..

Statistical probability within 2 standard deviations!
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You may be mistaking all Ps for Ns. Any ExxP is prone to going off on random rants and tangents, really.

You may just happen to have a mostly N circle of acquaintances, statistically improbable though that may be.

Try local sporting activities if you want to find SPs...as for SJs, I dunno--just be responsible and career-focused and you'll meet lots of them, I guess.
    EXXP goes on random tangents but they're still specific and detail oriented. N's tend to think about the 'what ifs' as jeffster had pointed out. This is ALL i seem to hear around me!
    and frankly, i could care less about what COULD be. what interests me is what IS HAPPENING.

i dunno. its just interesting.
    - From your fun-loving ESFP.
    Se/Fi/Te/Ni, 44% E / 88% S / 62% F / 67% P

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/18/182571.png

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Everywhere i look,(locally) it seems that there are VERY few S's!
    Everyone i meet seems to be an abstract thinker, going on random rants and tangents....
    And while it is all very interesting and my ESFP self can get along with anyone, i feel like i want to RELATE.
    Other than my boyfriend (great ISTJ find!)... i can't seem to find any tangible -five senses kinds of people.

Are any other S's finding this to be true?

I've heard the inverse from N's, that S's are everywhere... but i can't seem to find them!
    I think you're looking for something that doesn't have anything to do with S/N. You're dealing with the majority of people talking over you, or past you, or to their concept of you, and not TO you. You can't relate to what they're saying. This is really just how most people tend to see each other, because they usually don't "click" with any of each other's perceptions or reactions to things.

There are actually only a handful of people anyone really "gets." The rest are simply dealt with via a socially adaptive persona of some kind, and a few are intolerable. I don't know why.

You said that you're looking for tangible, five-senses kind of people? What kind are those? The ones who like to do things with people instead of talk? The ones who like to discuss what they've done instead of their ideas about things? The ones who are engaged with what's being felt or happening now, in conversation or action, and don't really think about it in terms of the past or future?

That could mean a lot of things. If you could narrow down what you mean, it might be easier to seek out the group you're looking for.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

You could always take up surfing, visit a car shop, join a skateboard park, landscaping and gardening sounds like a charm. Most physical sports activities are S friendly as are parties, outdoors near a swimming pool or jacuzzi if its warm. How about thrill seeking, bungee jumping, mountain climbing, dune buggy, roller coaster, gym junky adventurer sorts are S stylish. Suppose earthy, campy, party goes.