First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by defragmybrain View Post
    Everywhere i look,(locally) it seems that there are VERY few S's!
    Everyone i meet seems to be an abstract thinker, going on random rants and tangents....
    And while it is all very interesting and my ESFP self can get along with anyone, i feel like i want to RELATE.
    Other than my boyfriend (great ISTJ find!)... i can't seem to find any tangible -five senses kinds of people.

Are any other S's finding this to be true?

I've heard the inverse from N's, that S's are everywhere... but i can't seem to find them!

Go to the gym, go to a rave, go to the beach and you will be surrounded by SP's.

We're a fun loving lot, and are always where the action is, or where we can exert ourselves on our environment. SPs are so much more fun than SJs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Go to the gym, go to a rave, go to the beach and you will be surrounded by SP's.

We're a fun loving lot, and are always where the action is, or where we can exert ourselves on our environment. SPs are so much more fun than SJs.
    Yep yep! That is, in fact, where I met my former ESTP spouse. It was a very bizarre experience for me, but he was right at home.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I can imagine Ns being attracted to parties where they get to talk more than use their senses
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    These 'abstract thinkers who go on random tangents' are probably EFJs. In all honesty, they'll go on about anything, given the chance.

Also, it may have to do with your definition of 'abstract'.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by defragmybrain View Post
    Everyone i meet seems to be an abstract thinker, going on random rants and tangents....

i can't seem to find any tangible -five senses kinds of people.

If this is what you view an 'abstract thinker' to be like, then yeah, I can see why everyone seems to be one... The people you are encountering seem to bore you because you are not interested in what they are thinking and talking about. This is not N vs S. If you tell what your interests are and what would make you 'relate', you may get better advice on where to meet people with similar interests.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmmm. Well...my ex is either an ISFP or ESFP, and he's extremely artistic. He also feels that there's very few people like him IRL, and tends to find people who share his obsession with film and such on the Internet. Maybe he's an ESFP, maybe it's an ESFP thing...or maybe it strongly applies to SP people in general who lean more toward art.

Maybe.

your resident asshole

Where do you live where there is a shortage of Ss? Ns are much less common than Ss (except on the internet, of course).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Is this a joke? Practically everyone I know is an S. I could use some N.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I'd say I don't know many N's. Most people I meet are S's but I can't relate. I can't relate to really snobby N's either (the elitist artist type). I need a humble N type to relate to.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

1) Ss are not hard to find in general, but it's possible your environment is largely Ns. Finding Ss will likely be as easy as trying new things in a new environment. Halla's advice is good.

2) What do you consider to be "S"? It's very possible you are looking for other ES_ _ types, and writing off legitimate Ss simply because they aren't what you are really looking for. Keep in mind that according to the theory, ES_P are the types least in touch with their intuitions. Even an ISTP in "deep thought" mode may come across as intuitive to you.

MBTI
    YaYa

Maybe has to do with Geography and Social Circle.

Do you know alot of techies? If you live in a wealthier neighborhood, which would qualify as most of the Frisco, maybe it takes an N to get high paying job? Also I think Frisco might attract more educated people which are typically N.

..........reaching

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

I guess there are many variables here that might suggest a surplus of N's...
    - yeah, the geography might be one, as avolk has pointed out. San Francisco to me feels like a sensing city though, if one was to generalize.
    - keep in mind i'm only 20, so there isn't much for jobs in my age group unless you count starbucks, and anybody can and would chose that
    - and i suppose i might misinterpret what an N might mean, as Udog had said. Sometimes i wonder why my ISTJ boyfriend has qualities that are seemingly N-ish. The obsession with zombies, vampires, and other seemingly popular non existant creatures for example... wtf? they DO NOT exist. Who cares? I was under the impression that S's wouldn't be interested in non tangible things. (as i had noticed as far as movies go, i am only interested in those that CAN happen/exist; sci fi and many action movies just come off as ridiculous).
    - I guess i haven't been to a rave or the beach in a LONG time. About time, then?
    - From your fun-loving ESFP.
    Se/Fi/Te/Ni, 44% E / 88% S / 62% F / 67% P

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/18/182571.png