User Tag List

First 891011 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

I guess i was referring to make believe princesses. the point being, i don't think that imagination plays a large role in what i do. *shrug*
    - From your fun-loving ESFP.
    Se/Fi/Te/Ni, 44% E / 88% S / 62% F / 67% P

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/18/182571.png

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by defragmybrain View Post
    Everywhere i look,(locally) it seems that there are VERY few S's!
    Online here, there are tons of N's.

In real life I don't know nearly as many. I know about five at my workplace (a tech shop), the rest pf the 80+ are all S's.

My extended entire family is S, except for one cousin.

In my nuclear family, there are three N's and two S's... sort of a rarity.

Pretty much everywhere I've gone in my area of the world and talked to people, I run across zillions of S types; it's been much harder to find N's.

One should be aware of type identification in terms of the SFP pattern too -- it can strongly emulate N but isn't N, there are some notable differences. And just because someone can talk art, creative stuff, or some abstracted ideas doesn't mean that they are N.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Riva

but i can't seem to find them!
    go to a freaking night club.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

no absolutely no sarcasm. If i do have / use imagination, then i discredit it and do not realize when i use it. I have a very strange relationship with creativity...

to me, being an artist does not = creativity.

I was brought up on doing still lifes and figure model drawing. I wasn't exactly drawing princesses and dinosaurs. I like things that exist. There is no room for imagination in photorealism.
    I think that is greatly oversimplifying what imagination is.... I can't imagine being a graphic designer & not having any imagination or creativity. I mean, all designs start with an idea.

I actually wonder, with being in graphic design, if you aren't surrounded by a lot of N's after all. When I was in college studying design, I noticed a disproportionate amount of Ns. You'd except a lot of SPs to be designers, and there were some, but a lot more Ns than you'd normally see in one place.

Statistically, your experience is still puzzling, so maybe as mentioned, you're confusing those trying sound "deep" with actual Ns. Those people can annoy even Ns
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

OP, you are probably surrounded by S's. They are just less spontaneous than you. If you are surrounded by N's, please, give me your location. Also, if a person has to explain something to you multiple times before you understand it, that person is an N. An N is deep almost all the time. If you can discipline yourself for say 20 minutes, you can attempt to steer them into deeper topics. If they enjoy it, they are N's. If they attempt to return to the solid world, they are S's. Finally, a real N can spot N in someone very easily. Get an NF or an NT.

MBTI
    AHH!

S's are VERY hard to find!
    Really? I can't seem to get rid of 'em. Heh.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I know. It's like a zombie movie; they never stop comming.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

The graphic designers I know are all INxP types. That's the problem. If you go really anywhere else than home and work you'll find a slough of Ss. More than you would know what to do with. Stay out of coffee shops and go to restaurants, preferably the newer ones. Read the threads on where all us N people hang out and then do the opposite.

Sports, gyms, nightclubs, anything physical or requiring awareness of your surroundings to do it well, monster truck rallies, roller derbies, car races, construction sites with big machines to be operated, and any building with WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! emanating from it all are pretty likely bets for SPs.

If you want SJs in your life, look for anyone in a profession that tries to make other people keep the rules or keep the machinery of society turning smoothly (think accounting, insurance agencies, police work, elementary schools, some nurses etc). They will be there busily trying to find out what they are expected to do and how everyone around them ranks in relationship to them. (I mean no disrespect. I have several very near and dear SJs)

I understand your Lord of the Ringsy/D and D/medieval fair N typing, but there are exceptions to that trend. I don't understand what people like about that stuff and I am an INFJ. You might also be ignoring some NT traits in your understanding of the N people, hence jenocyde's comments. They want to make sure it's all perfectly accurate.

Where did you find your SO?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    The graphic designers I know are all INxP types. That's the problem. If you go really anywhere else than home and work you'll find a slough of Ss. More than you would know what to do with. Stay out of coffee shops and go to restaurants, preferably the newer ones. Read the threads on where all us N people hang out and then do the opposite.

Sports, gyms, nightclubs, anything physical or requiring awareness of your surroundings to do it well, monster truck rallies, roller derbies, car races, construction sites with big machines to be operated, and any building with WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! emanating from it all are pretty likely bets for SPs.

If you want SJs in your life, look for anyone in a profession that tries to make other people keep the rules or keep the machinery of society turning smoothly (think accounting, insurance agencies, police work, elementary schools, some nurses etc). They will be there busily trying to find out what they are expected to do and how everyone around them ranks in relationship to them. (I mean no disrespect. I have several very near and dear SJs)

I understand your Lord of the Ringsy/D and D/medieval fair N typing, but there are exceptions to that trend. I don't understand what people like about that stuff and I am an INFJ. You might also be ignoring some NT traits in your understanding of the N people, hence jenocyde's comments. They want to make sure it's all perfectly accurate.

Where did you find your SO?
    SO as in Significant Other?
    i found my ISTJ boyfriend online. Imagine that.
    - From your fun-loving ESFP.
    Se/Fi/Te/Ni, 44% E / 88% S / 62% F / 67% P

http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/18/182571.png

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Wow, no wonder you find so many N's; you make to S's I know seem philisophical.
    Last edited by mortabunt; 06-19-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: removed ad hominem