MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Default Quotes for ISFP

*idea stolen from the ENTP thread*

Add some quotes you think represent or might appeal to ISFPs, I know Wolfy is always quoting lots of good ones.

I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance that I should have been by any epaulet I could have worn.
    -Henry David Thoreau
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
    -J. R. R. Tolkien
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.
    -J. R. R. Tolkien
    You ask me why I do not write something....I think one's feelings waste themselves in words, they ought all to be distilled into actions and into actions which bring results.-Florence Nightingale
    Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
    -Anne Frank
    People often say that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.
    -Salma Hayek
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
    -Pablo Picasso
    I don't think of the past. The only thing that matters is the everlasting present.
    -W. Somerset Maugham
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

"I never look forward, because I have no idea about how any of it happened to getting here. I've no idea how the next five years are going to be."

"I think people who create and write, it actually does flow-just flows from into their head, into their hand, and they write it down. It's simple."

-- both Paul McCartney

"Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, 'Aw, who cares?' And then I think, 'Hey, what's for supper?'"

-- Jack Handey
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Bruce Lee

Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it.

Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system.

All types of knowledge, ultimately self knowledge.

Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion.

The man who is really serious, with the urge to find out what truth is, has no style at all. He lives only in what is.

Truth waits for eyes unclouded by longing
    Those who are bound by desire see only the outward container
    Tao Te Ching

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
    Bob Dylan

There is nothing so stable as change.
    Bob Dylan

I can work, I can travel, I can sleep anywhere, cross every border with nothing to declare. You can look back babe, but it's best not to stare.
    Tom Petty Big Weekend

Wise men don't need to prove their point;
    men who need to prove their point aren't wise.
    The Master has no possessions.
    The more he does for others, the happier he is.
    The more he gives to others, the wealthier he is.
    The Tao nourishes by not forcing.
    By not dominating, the Master leads.

Lao Tzu

There are, strictly speaking, no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity.
    Shunryu Suzuki

I don't like to play above or below people's heads. Basically, I just like to get up in front of a crowd and rip it up.
    Interview with NME magazine in October 1976
    Angus Young

Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance.
    Steven Pressfield?
    ?
    One night I was layin' down,
    I heard Papa talkin' to Mama.
    I heard Papa say, to let that boy
    boogie-woogie. 'Cause it's in him
    and it's got to come out.
    --John Lee Hooker,
    Boogie Chillen'

"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries."
    AA Milne

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"
    "What's for breakfast? said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"
    "I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.
    Pooh nodded thoughtfully.
    "It's the same thing," he said.

"Rabbit's clever," said Pooh thoughtfully.
    "Yes,"said Piglet, "Rabbit's clever."
    "And he has Brain."
    "Yes," said Piglet, "Rabbit has Brain."
    There was a long silence.
    "I suppose," said Pooh, "that that's why he never understands anything."

"While Eeyore frets ...
    ... and Piglet hesitates
    ... and Rabbit calculates
    ... and Owl pontificates
    ...Pooh just is."

Tao of Pooh

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Ozzy Osbourne

“I love you all, but you're all f*****g mad!”
    “I can honestly say, all the bad things that ever happened to me were directly, directly attributed to drugs and alcohol. I mean, I would never urinate at the Alamo at nine o'clock in the morning dressed in a woman's evening dress sober.”
    “All that stuff about heavy metal and hard rock, I don't subscribe to any of that. It's all just music. I mean, the heavy metal from the Seventies sounds nothing like the stuff from the Eighties, and that sounds nothing like the stuff from the Nineties. Who's to say what is and isn't a certain type of music?”
    Very much agree with that ^ one.

“I'm about caring, I'm about people, and I'm about entertaining people. I'm a family man. A husband. A father. I've been a lot of other things over the years, which we don't really want to talk about. I'm always working on trying to better myself, you know? I think that that is an ongoing thing with me.”
    “To be a parent, especially to rock 'n' roll kids, I think being a parent is the most difficult job on the face of the earth, ... You hate to say things that will upset your kids, but then sometimes you have to because you can't let them run around wild.”
    “I couldn't kill him. I couldn't live with that on my conscience”
    Last year I sang for the Queen of England, met the president of the United States, and got an Emmy and a star on The Walk of Fame. And what did I do? I was just being myself.
    LA`s not a good place to grow old. It`s a Paris Hilton-getting-fucked-up-the-arse kind of town . . . a town full of ambulance chasers.
    They say military have the so-called `secret intelligence` -- this amount of intelligence must be very secret, since I`ve never seen any intelligent military person, nor I have seen any sense in the bloody stupid wars.
    (Black) Sabbath were a hippy band. We were into peace.
    I have a genuine love affair with my audience. When I`m on stage they`re not privileged to see me. It`s a privilege for me to see them.
    `One day, my son and I were arguing and he said: "Do you mind if people laugh with you, or at you?" And I said I didn`t give a shit, so long as they were laughing. But really, I was thinking, I wouldn`t like to know for a fact that they`re laughing at me.`
    Being sober on a bus is, like, totally different than being drunk on a bus.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Nice Ozzy quotes.

MBTI
    ISFP

"Better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not." -Andre Gide

"You don't regret the things you did, you regret the things you didn't do." -Rovilson Fernandez quoted on DARE DUO on Qtv Channel, Phils.
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.

MBTI
    ISFP

"Better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not." -Andre Gide

"You don't regret the things you did, you regret the things you didn't do." -Rovilson Fernandez quoted on DARE DUO on Qtv Channel, Phils.

MBTI
    ISFP

Oops! Sorry for posting the same quotes two times.