User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I;ve found that the only way to motivate my ESFP friend is to offer him money, liquor, or women.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    ... usually, it's money.
    Money never worked for mine ... when he was 16, my Dad offered to buy him a car if he could get 80% in school that year.

A CAR!!! Did he get 80% - nope. Fully capable of it too.

Please note that my parents wouldn't pay for my driving lessons nor let me drive their car even when I got my licence at the ripe old age of 18 on my own initiative. And I was an honors student, I might add.

And, in a kind of unfair twist, the same motivation wasn't offered to my daughter at the same age ... but it would have been, as they say, easy pickings for her.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    When I was 20, my main motivation was hot women.
    You say that like it's changed at all.

.. I'd contribute to the thread, but.. the SPs have done all the work for me
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    You say that like it's changed at all.
    Actually, it has. Now my main motivation is providing for my son.

And, you know, using him to attract hot women.

.. I'd contribute to the thread, but.. the SPs have done all the work for me
    Yeah, that's just what we do.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    EXFP

Idk if anyone has said this or not yet, but why not just give him a deadline for when he has to move out by and then follow through.
    Last edited by magil; 02-03-2010 at 09:57 AM.

MBTI
    ENFP

My best friend is an ESFP. He will talk about something for YEARS before maybe getting around to doing something. I just ignore it after a while. Less talk, more action. He's talked about cleaning and organizing his basement to host parties again for 4 years. I could get it done in a weekend (and an SJ could do it in three hours, lol).
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

fuck.. maybe i'm an esfp.

which SP is the laziest? :P

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    My best friend is an ESFP. He will talk about something for YEARS before maybe getting around to doing something. I just ignore it after a while. Less talk, more action. He's talked about cleaning and organizing his basement to host parties again for 4 years. I could get it done in a weekend (and an SJ could do it in three hours, lol).
    Hah! Try being married to one! I love him dearly, but he simply can not focus on more than one thing at a time, and that focus is always given to whatever seems the most fun. He loves the idea of the end result, just not what it takes to get there UNLESS it's super duper important to him. He probably would have done better with a stronger J who actually likes being in charge of everything menial and dull, but, oh well. I love him anyway.

Oh, and to answer the Op: I've found screaming and throwing things to be a great temporary fix to get things done! And holding sex out like a carrot, but that doesn't really apply in your case...

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

oh god!! LOL

this is like reading about my boyfriend! i am so frustrated with him, because of his carelessness and now i read that it isn't anything against his nature LOL

i don't know whether i should laugh, or cry... help

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
    Hah! Try being married to one! I love him dearly, but he simply can not focus on more than one thing at a time, and that focus is always given to whatever seems the most fun. He loves the idea of the end result, just not what it takes to get there UNLESS it's super duper important to him. He probably would have done better with a stronger J who actually likes being in charge of everything menial and dull, but, oh well. I love him anyway.

Oh, and to answer the Op: I've found screaming and throwing things to be a great temporary fix to get things done! And holding sex out like a carrot, but that doesn't really apply in your case...
    That was one thing that really bothered me about my ex...She was ISFP, and it didn't seem like she had a motivation or purpose. I think I would have been better with it if she knew it herself and could express it, but she couldn't. I had to coax it out of her, and it bothered me a whole lot.