• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SPs, what do you spend most of your time thinking about?

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
HAHAHA! I was reading this thread and had to stop and respond to this:
Thoughtus Interruptus! Everytime I am asked "What are you thinking about?" OR "Why did you say that?" I have to rewind my brain and go through the myriad of inter-connected thoughts and experiences that led me to state "X" which was simply a response to that person's previous comment/statement. Then they say "Oh, wow, yeah, I get it!" and then they tell me the lost their train of thought and I have to remind them where we were in the conversation. :doh:

YES, YES, YES!!

This happens as well when I do something, and a second later I don't know why I did it. It takes me awhile to backtrack, and usually I have to guess at why. hahahaha...

Anyway, I think most of what people said describes how I think but I want to put my original thoughts here:

If I'm thinking about something else than what I'm currently interacting with (alot of times my actual interaction with people/objects are my only thoughts), especially if I have downtime or what I'm doing doesn't require that much focus, I think about myself in different situations and what I would do, or discussions I've had or might have and what I could say to either defend myself or resolve an issue, etc, or how I'm going to enact plans/decisions regarding the next couple of months...

...actually, I'm not 100% sure what I'm always thinking about, I'd have to watch myself like wolfy said. Though I think I'm usually thinking about what I'm doing at the time, the scene in front of me or specific objects, the people around me and the moves they're about to make, what they're about to say, and what I should do to position myself appropriately for the best possible outcome.

Or lately, at work, thinking about the lyrics I'm listening to coming through my headphones and watching closely for managers so I can pull an earbud out in case they want to say something to me. Watching someone passing by to make sure they're not saying something and if I see their lips begin to move I'll suddenly pull one out and listen.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Again, I haven't read anything, but Halla again says something epic:
The bolded above is totally an ESTP trait too. It's weird, even the worst crisis is business as usual 98% of the time. I don't know how to explain it except that I'm wired to "deal" with such situations and not lose my cool. I might look back on something and go "Holy-Moly! THAT was freaking crazy! How the hell did that happen?!" but during the event I was most likely unaffected. I might have a reality time delay. :doh:

Yep, exactly. People freak out about things and I'm like, "oh, ok. What can we do about this?"

Also, I like to live so moment-by-moment I tend to freak others out. I'm sure on my trip to Austin recently I would've freaked any self-respecting Guardian travelling with me out by the way I walked so close to the edge.

Here's how my trip went:

A couple months back I had decided I wanted to go see my favorite band down in Austin, esp. since they were playing on my day off, so I scheduled another day off, which is the only thing I did ahead of time at all.

I didn't buy any train tickets, which was good since I happened to have a friend who was touring all the shows in Texas and he was coming up to Dallas first and I kept not getting an answer from him but finally did a couple days before, and I rode with him. I also didn't know for sure who I was staying with until a couple days before, either.

I get there and end up staying all day in my friends' house alone, took a nap (my sleep schedule is geared for night shift) and when one of the guys got home he asked me how long I was staying with somewhat of a grimace on his face, so I told him I could leave the next morning (still hadn't bought a return train ticket, haha). The other friend got home and invited me to stay another day, which was good because we got to party with some girls we had met at the show that first night.

I bought the return ticket and left the next day, when I was almost home I texted my brother and asked him to look up bus schedules since I forgot to. I caught the right buses and made it safely home.

I'm not sure anyone else but an SP would have been comfortable doing that, but that's definitely the way I prefer it. hahahaha...

I told someone on another forum that if I could just decide to go to college the day before classes start I would totally do that.

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I can also relate to turning thoughts off/not thinking about anything. I don't have a screensaver, option, though, I'm not sure I'm very good at visualizing anything.

Oh, does anyone relate to the fact that you don't think about someone when they're not around? I've tried to explain this to people but it just feels heartless to say. Others seem to be able to miss people, but if someone's not around I'm usually just not thinking about them, I'm thinking about what's around me or maybe something related. Or I'm meditating or thinking about various situations, maybe.

I do prefer to be around other people, though.

I also think more about personality types and temperaments, now that I've been getting back into it.

wank

MBTI Type
free
Enneagram
nope
I'm on some constant tangent basis of what am I doing now, where does said action rank in consequence to what could otherwise be a superior action(bettering self, art, etc...), how does laze factor in to this equation, is this a distraction and so on(and yet I see myself rationalizing doing certain irrational things[based on said scripted loop] and using laze as my main get out of care free card)...
I would also go so far as to say that speaking out loud to myself is some form of thinking, a sort of facilitation of left-right brain communication in said instance, though I find more of that to fall along the lines of reprimand or situational reorientation.

I also consistently find myself pursuing conversations with people I know in an internal(mental reality replete with expected response and unlikely response[falling into further tangent conversations therein]) fashion, in at the same time, I've come to terms with that such will never take place, but should said conversation come up, I'd be ready(I wouldn't think this weird if I was pursuing the fashion of lying but I've not got that good of a memory)!

Oh, I do the shifty eyes thing too, in but that it has more purpose for negative reaction to stave unnecessary interaction with strangers, and to satisfy my input:reaction people watching(I recognize I'm apart of their environment, and enjoy being abrasive) fun...

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Just now I was thinking "Shit, I have to do such and such before tomorrow morning... then I have a meeting that afternoon."

Then I was thinking, "Yeah, I'm going to surf TypoC."

Somewhere in between was, "I should write down that build for the Dwarf bard that I want to play, before I forget."

Shortly thereafter came, "Man, I really should get around to posting all that crap on Craigslist."

But the one that actually made me get up out of my seat was, "That HVAC blower is still running? Hmm, I wonder what is wrong with it."

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
I also consistently find myself pursuing conversations with people I know in an internal(mental reality replete with expected response and unlikely response[falling into further tangent conversations therein]) fashion, in at the same time, I've come to terms with that such will never take place, but should said conversation come up, I'd be ready(I wouldn't think this weird if I was pursuing the fashion of lying but I've not got that good of a memory)!

Yep, I do that quite a bit, always have...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ahhh!!!! (runs to the NT rationale to hide.)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
We SPs know about love, we just have a different definition for it.

LOVE:

cisco_burger_biker_girl.jpg

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
Jeffster, can you please find my eyes somewhere around here and place them back in my sockets? Thanks.

You might need to clean them with a little Visine first.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
HOLY-MOLY-JEE-WHILLICKERS!!! :shock:

Yup! That's LOVE all right! :happy:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
those burgers give you pointy ears...look close

oh and whoever did the photoshopping should have made her lower body the same color as her upper body.

... i still like it

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
those burgers give you pointy ears...look close

oh and whoever did the photoshopping should have made her lower body the same color as her upper body.

... i still like it

:laugh: Hey now, the entire time Ivy had that av of the two old ladies, I resisted the urge to point out that it looked like one of them had a penis. :D

focusophobic

MBTI Type
ISFP
Most of the time, I have a song in my head. When I don't have a song in my head, I don't notice it.

I think about personality types a lot. And ditto to wolfy: "I spend a lot of time thinking about conversations I am going to have."