• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SPs, what do you spend most of your time thinking about?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes I do this thing where I turn off. I'm not thinking, I've simply turned off...

I call it screensaver.

And I do it a lot..

I started calling it that after countless people would say "whatcha thinkin?" and I never had an answer. People really hate it when I don't have an answer.

Now when I say "nothing" or. "screensaver" people just accuse me of being a man inside a girls body.

Dumb N's and their comparisons.

Can't I just go on screensaver in peace!!?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol! NEIN! You cannot "screensaver" without a barrage of eternal meaningless questions meant to extract information considered useful even before it has been dug up like pirate treasure!!

Or something.

phoenity

I call it screensaver.

And I do it a lot..

I started calling it that after countless people would say "whatcha thinkin?" and I never had an answer. People really hate it when I don't have an answer.

Now when I say "nothing" or. "screensaver" people just accuse me of being a man inside a girls body.

That's a perfect term for what I do!

Many times, when I am just simply being and enjoying a quiet moment, I put my mind into standby mode. Sensing is still going on because that's what I do to enjoy being present in the moment, but there is no thinking going on.

I put thinking into standby mode whenever I need or want to conserve energy.

This confuses people because they see my eyes are somewhat active, so they assume there must be something deeper going on inside. I'm not thinking - I'm just being.

It's essentially meditation.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a perfect term for what I do!

Many times, when I am just simply being and enjoying a quiet moment, I put my mind into standby mode. Sensing is still going on because that's what I do to enjoy being present in the moment, but there is no thinking going on.

I go into standby mode whenever I need or want to conserve energy.

This confuses people because they see my eyes are somewhat active, so they assume there must be something deeper going on inside. I'm not thinking - I'm just being.

It's essentially meditation.

That's exactly a good way to describe it..

It is like meditation, but its not on purpose for me.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i occasionally consider what would happen if, let's say, my front outside tire blew out going 65 in a 15,000 lbs truck around a curve in the middle lane of a 5 lane highway. while driving. noticed i do that today.

keeps me focused and aware of the controls.

pretty girls

food

attention

sweet comebacks that are much too late

how to organize my stuff

what i should do with my time instead of goofing off online

important things

trivial things

i spend a lot of time not really thinking and just looking around

EDIT:
actually, i don't think about a lot of this unless it's in front of me. so i think about driving while driving, pretty girls when i see them, and food when i'm hungry. and about things i should be doing that are more important than answering silly thread posts when i'm spending time answering (and editing) silly thread posts.

whoops.

I have to say, I relate to most of the ISTP's who have posted. These things are pretty common to what I think about and my train of thought!

I do a lot of "I wonder what would happen if..." scenarios. They are usually triggered by something in front of me and involve something off the wall like, "I wonder what would happen if someone came into my workplace with a gun...what would I do?" or what I consider funny. I often find myself laughing at my own thoughts...which makes me look kind of crazy.

Someone mentioned being bothered by being asked, "what are you thinking" but do you ever find yourself being asked, "what's wrong?" or "you don't look like you're having a good time"? This really bothers me! The phrasing puts me on the defensive and I hate that! :steam:

phoenity

I have to say, I relate to most of the ISTP's who have posted. These things are pretty common to what I think about and my train of thought!

I do a lot of "I wonder what would happen if..." scenarios. They are usually triggered by something in front of me and involve something off the wall like, "I wonder what would happen if someone came into my workplace with a gun...what would I do?" or what I consider funny. I often find myself laughing at my own thoughts...which makes me look kind of crazy.

Someone mentioned being bothered by being asked, "what are you thinking" but do you ever find yourself being asked, "what's wrong?" or "you don't look like you're having a good time"? This really bothers me! The phrasing puts me on the defensive and I hate that! :steam:

Just don't let it bother you :D

Have you ever considered what was on your mind when someone asked you that question that brought up that emotion?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Just don't let it bother you :D

Have you ever considered what was on your mind when someone asked you that question that brought up that emotion?

This happened to me last night at a bar, so I'm thinking....nothing? I was mainly just watching people. I remember watching this one girl with bleach blond hair and enormous fake boobs (looked like Daisy from Rock of Love) and I wondered why anyone would want to look like a Muppet stripper. But this was a very fleeting thought and I was on to the next person or was back to watching the band play.

It puts me on the defensive because when I say "I'm having a good time" they almost always question me further on it. "Well, it doesn't look like it. Why aren't you talking more?" kind of thing. Wondering what others do to counteract this?? I know what makes me feel better is just smile and not reply to any questions after their first one. I think, why should I have to "sell" you on my good time? I've answered your question. Either believe it or not. :yes:

Sometimes, it's nice to watch other people having a great time or acting silly and that is a good time for me too. Like, I generally like crowds and feed off the energy but don't necessarily have to interact with anybody to have a good time. Then if I decide I want to get more involved - I do...or I just drink more and get a little crazy and talkative! :cheers:

phoenity

This happened to me last night at a bar, so I'm thinking....nothing? I was mainly just watching people. I remember watching this one girl with bleach blond hair and enormous fake boobs (looked like Daisy from Rock of Love) and I wondered why anyone would want to look like a Muppet stripper. But this was a very fleeting thought and I was on to the next person or was back to watching the band play.

It puts me on the defensive because when I say "I'm having a good time" they almost always question me further on it. "Well, it doesn't look like it. Why aren't you talking more?" kind of thing. Wondering what others do to counteract this?? I know what makes me feel better is just smile and not reply to any questions after their first one. I think, why should I have to "sell" you on my good time? I've answered your question. Either believe it or not. :yes:

Sometimes, it's nice to watch other people having a great time or acting silly and that is a good time for me too. Like, I generally like crowds and feed off the energy but don't necessarily have to interact with anybody to have a good time. Then if I decide I want to get more involved - I do...or I just drink more and get a little crazy and talkative! :cheers:

I perfectly understand what you mean.

If you really are content with yourself and you're having a good time, there's no need to be defensive about how you choose to do it. Just offer a genuine smile and enlighten people :)

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's one trait that I really like about ISTP. You don't seem to let anything really get to you. It's a trait that I am trying to hijack! lol...On that note, what does get to you?

wolfy

awsm
I call it screensaver.

And I do it a lot..

That's a great word for it.
People always ask me too. I can't do it in peace... I hear this small sound from the left...
Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad! *whack, whack, whack on my shoulder* 'look at this!'

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's a great word for it.
People always ask me too. I can't do it in peace... I hear this small sound from the left...
Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad! *whack, whack, whack on my shoulder* 'look at this!'

:laugh: boy is that familiar....

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
*george bush imitation*: he he he, tacos rule.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's one trait that I really like about ISTP. You don't seem to let anything really get to you. It's a trait that I am trying to hijack! lol...On that note, what does get to you?

The bolded above is totally an ESTP trait too. It's weird, even the worst crisis is business as usual 98% of the time. I don't know how to explain it except that I'm wired to "deal" with such situations and not lose my cool. I might look back on something and go "Holy-Moly! THAT was freaking crazy! How the hell did that happen?!" but during the event I was most likely unaffected. I might have a reality time delay. :doh:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not on purpose? What do you mean by that?

well my mind usually flips on screensaver without my awareness.. I usually only notice it after someone asks what i'm thinking about.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The bolded above is totally an ESTP trait too. It's weird, even the worst crisis is business as usual 98% of the time. I don't know how to explain it except that I'm wired to "deal" with such situations and not lose my cool. I might look back on something and go "Holy-Moly! THAT was freaking crazy! How the hell did that happen?!" but during the event I was most likely unaffected. I might have a reality time delay. :doh:

Maybe you're so in the moment that you don't have time to think about any consequences or danger. You just simply or instinctively do what needs to be done.

Like I said, I want to hijack this trait...
This is a stick-up...gimme all your S!! :spam_laser:

:newwink:

Fading Dead Star

MBTI Type
ISFP
As mentioned by others, it's quite frequently 'nothing'. I'm just enjoying relaxation, especially now that it's summertime. I listen to music a lot in my free time and get completely lost in it, letting time pass. It really cuts down those long walks.

I also spend quite a lot of time imagining scenarios, as if to prepare for them. Sometimes I imagine arguements with my friends, romantic situations with crushes, or situations between fictional characters. I have a very passionate, heroic character in these scenarios that thrills me greatly. I even imagine very sad situations in my head, and they're somewhat thrilling.

phoenity

I haven't always been like that. There have been many periods of my life where I've become caught up in the illusion of life created by my mind.

Life isn't as "serious" as many people make it out to be. Just like all other life on this planet, we live for awhile and then we die. There's just no use allowing things to get to me. It's negative energy and it's detrimental physically and mentally. Realizing that brings me true internal happiness and peace, because it brings me into the moment to enjoy every moment.

It's not a personality trait or type - it's a state of mind anyone can be in. It's the state of mind we are born into. Transcend the illusion of the "thinking" mind and become aware of what you really are, not the person you see in your mind. By being conscious of this immediate moment in time, you realize that your true existence is simple. You are nothing more than life itself, the same as all other life on this planet.

Next time you are sitting in a bar, enjoying music and crowd-watching, and someone asks you why you are not having a good time, you'll have no reason to be defensive because you already know there is nothing wrong with you. You'll realize that it is the illusion of their mind projecting a feeling of "wrongness" onto you, and that has nothing to do with you.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't always been like that. There have been many periods of my life where I've become caught up in the illusion of life created by my mind.

Life isn't as "serious" as many people make it out to be. Just like all other life on this planet, we live for awhile and then we die. There's just no use allowing things to get to me. It's negative energy and it's detrimental physically and mentally. Realizing that brings me true internal happiness and peace, because it brings me into the moment to enjoy every moment.

It's not a personality trait or type - it's a state of mind anyone can be in. It's the state of mind we are born into. Transcend the illusion of the "thinking" mind and become aware of what you really are, not the person you see in your mind. By being conscious of this immediate moment in time, you realize that your true existence is simple. You are nothing more than life itself, the same as all other life on this planet.

Next time you are sitting in a bar, enjoying music and crowd-watching, and someone asks you why you are not having a good time, you'll have no reason to be defensive because you already know there is nothing wrong with you. You'll realize that it is the illusion of their mind projecting a feeling of "wrongness" onto you, and that has nothing to do with you.

I love this! Thanks!