• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SPs, what do you spend most of your time thinking about?

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Essentially I'm a robot. I take in sensory information and store it. When I'm thinking, I'm thinking about the information I'm taking in, perhaps relating it to similar information, thinking about what I can do with this information. The main objective of my mind is information intake, processing and storage, then idling looking for someway to use this information in a practical way, to solve a problem, make trouble, do something fun, etc. The objective is not thinking, or evolution of a thought or idea; the objective is to DO, and typically, it's oriented in the immediate moment, or not-too-far-off future, like a couple days.

You are not a robot, phoenity. Somewhere inside of you, there are feelings, too.

defragmybrain

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
I find myself thinking about the memories and events that happen to me so i can word them carefully to people later. I think about how i look from every angle as if i were being watched by someone else. The whole world is a stage and i'm the star, no doubt. Other than outward expression (what i wear, how i look, what i say 50%), my thoughts are entirely random. real world priorities (work, school) add up to about 10% of my thoughts. Networking and using my talents and promoting myself takes up about 40%.

wolfy

awsm
I've been paying attention to what I'm thinking lately, for this thread. Almost all of the time I'm simply thinking about what I'm doing.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All sorts of things.

What to do if a dragon comes to take that alienatingly weird socially awkward girl during RIGHT NOW.

"Damn, I want to be skinny like that.... Holy crap, her speech is about how she used to be anorexic. I am a bad bad person."

Could auditorium classrooms be built the other way, with the stage being risen instead of the seats? Why aren't they?

The back of a leaf looks like the back of a hand. Where the hand has the popped veins and the leaf has the leaf veins. Except hand "wrinkles" are more straight horizontally and then triangular and leaf segments are more uniformally trapezoidal/pentagon-y.

Lately: why are we afraid of the dark?

It seems in modern society we spend more time documenting what happened then experiencing what happened. Is forgetting so awful?

Pancreas

MBTI Type
ISTP
"Damn, I want to be skinny like that.... Holy crap, her speech is about how she used to be anorexic. I am a bad bad person."

:laugh:

Most of what I think about is, as a few people have mentioned, in some way related to whatever’s going on at that particular time. I’ll have to pay attention today and see what I end up think about because I usually get caught up in the moment and forget.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
All that I'm thinking about right now is:
going to bed
will this dirty shirt get clean again when I stick it in the laundry??
It's too late to be profound.:blush:

soccerjunkie1996

MBTI Type
IxTP
Hat trick!!! :shock:

Progession of thoughts after reading this:

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal! I love soccer, actually, I want to play soccer right now, too bad its 12am and raining outside. Rain is sweet, and relaxing, and thunder sounds cool too, and i love the smell after it rains. Speaking of smells, i think my popcorn's almost done popping, should probably go get that before it burns.... etc., etc., ad infinitum

Basically my thought processes are ongoing and random, almost always triggered by something in my environment. Also, yes, it bothers the hell out of me when someone asks me what I'm thinking about, mostly because it de-rails the train of thoughts I was having, and I enjoy having a good train of thoughts, but also because when I'm thinking to myself, I'm doing just that: thinking to MYSELF. If I wanted to have other's input on things I'd tell them what I was thinking about, otherwise leave me and my train be :D.

Another random thought: my thoughts are essentially a bunch of run-on sentences, which is probably why most of my sentences on here seem to be run-ons...

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
SP's think? PREPOSTEROUS!

/end humorous sarcasm.

Last edited:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
SP's think? PREPOSTEROUS!

I see you still haven't grown up yet. You've had your ass handed to you in a few other threads because of comments similar to the above. Why don't you go play in the NT forum and save yourself further ridicule?

Basically my thought processes are ongoing and random, almost always triggered by something in my environment. Also, yes, it bothers the hell out of me when someone asks me what I'm thinking about, mostly because it de-rails the train of thoughts I was having, and I enjoy having a good train of thoughts, but also because when I'm thinking to myself, I'm doing just that: thinking to MYSELF. If I wanted to have other's input on things I'd tell them what I was thinking about, otherwise leave me and my train be .

Thoughtus Interruptus! Everytime I am asked "What are you thinking about?" OR "Why did you say that?" I have to rewind my brain and go through the myriad of inter-connected thoughts and experiences that led me to state "X" which was simply a response to that person's previous comment/statement. Then they say "Oh, wow, yeah, I get it!" and then they tell me the lost their train of thought and I have to remind them where we were in the conversation. :doh:

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
MORTA COMBAT!

FINISH HIM!

↑↓↑↓←→←→BABBA

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
I see you still haven't grown up yet. You've had your ass handed to you in a few other threads because of comments similar to the above. Why don't you go play in the NT forum and save yourself further ridicule?

I'm sure he's ridiculed amongst his fellow NTs as well. He makes them all look bad, and I bet they really appreciate that. An NT incapable of thought? :rolli:

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
i occasionally consider what would happen if, let's say, my front outside tire blew out going 65 in a 15,000 lbs truck around a curve in the middle lane of a 5 lane highway. while driving. noticed i do that today.

keeps me focused and aware of the controls.

pretty girls

food

attention

sweet comebacks that are much too late

how to organize my stuff

what i should do with my time instead of goofing off online

important things

trivial things

i spend a lot of time not really thinking and just looking around

EDIT:
actually, i don't think about a lot of this unless it's in front of me. so i think about driving while driving, pretty girls when i see them, and food when i'm hungry. and about things i should be doing that are more important than answering silly thread posts when i'm spending time answering (and editing) silly thread posts.

whoops.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i occasionally consider what would happen if, let's say, my front outside tire blew out going 65 in a 15,000 lbs truck around a curve in the middle lane of a 5 lane highway. while driving.

haha! did you come up with anything?
that is when we ISTPs come alive, by the way. :D
if i could pause time to switch places and get in the driver's seat during an accident or a blowout, that would be ideal.

actually, i don't think about a lot of this unless it's in front of me. so i think about driving while driving, pretty girls when i see them, and food when i'm hungry.

yeah, i do the same thing. that is my biggest observation about my thinking - it is driven entirely by my enviroment.

INTPatricia

MBTI Type
intj
It was great reading your answers. It struck me that it was all about WHAT ACTION YOU were going to DO NEXT...hahahaha...that never crosses my mind. I look for ways to avoid action at all costs. I just think my thoughts...I love thoughts...one after the other...I strive to stay as still as possible...anyway...great insights...the only one I agreed with was the sex.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
haha! did you come up with anything?
that is when we ISTPs come alive, by the way. :D
if i could pause time to switch places and get in the driver's seat during an accident or a blowout, that would be ideal.

Yeah.

Lanes

L | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5| S

I'm in lane 3. Road curves to the left. Passenger side front tire blows.

If there was a car in lane 4, right next to me, he'd have a bad day. I'd probably drift into his lane. (Not much I can do - even if I did compensate by turning left I might over do it, lose all control, start heading off toward lane 1 and roll the truck...bad. He'd just have to get hit.) Ideally 4 and 5 would be relatively clear and I'd point the steering wheel to slightly left and get over to the shoulder. I'd probably have a death grip on the wheel, at least for the first 3/4 of a second, but I'd attempt to keep steering inputs non-jerky (no swinging of the wheel). I'd also keep off the foot brake, get off the accelerator (slowly), and try to remember to turn off the exhaust brake (big diesel truck feature...also found on smaller towing rigs?) to maintain some speed/stability as I got over to shoulder. The gear shift and e-brake don't effect this situation.

If there was a guy in lane 4 or 5, ideally, they would just brake and I'd pass in front of them while they maintained lane position. But it's probable they would also swerve to the right to avoid me as I crossed over lanes. That means they might swerve over to the shoulder (S) while braking. I would have to avoid squishing them into the guardrail.

Also to consider is that they might swerve right (to S), then brake, then pull back left as I passed in front of them. This poses a hazard for drivers in lanes 3, 4, and 5. I'd have to assess situation as best I can to prevent pileup behind me.

Pulling to the left shoulder (L) is difficult and maybe even impossible. Really dangerous to pull left hard...potential rollover worst case, but more likely suspension gets upset and I drift into lane 2 or 1, wreaking havoc. Depends on truck load, traction on my driver side tire, my sway bar holding (prob would bend), and how the suspension is set up (hard).

There's a lot more contingencies.

This would all happen in about 6 seconds or less. Most critical are first 2.

yeah, i do the same thing. that is my biggest observation about my thinking - it is driven entirely by my enviroment.

true