First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Sometimes I do this thing where I turn off. I'm not thinking, I've simply turned off...
    I call it screensaver.

And I do it a lot..

I started calling it that after countless people would say "whatcha thinkin?" and I never had an answer. People really hate it when I don't have an answer.

Now when I say "nothing" or. "screensaver" people just accuse me of being a man inside a girls body.

Dumb N's and their comparisons.

Can't I just go on screensaver in peace!!?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

lol! NEIN! You cannot "screensaver" without a barrage of eternal meaningless questions meant to extract information considered useful even before it has been dug up like pirate treasure!!

Or something.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I call it screensaver.

And I do it a lot..

I started calling it that after countless people would say "whatcha thinkin?" and I never had an answer. People really hate it when I don't have an answer.

Now when I say "nothing" or. "screensaver" people just accuse me of being a man inside a girls body.

Dumb N's and their comparisons.

Can't I just go on screensaver in peace!!?
    That's a perfect term for what I do!

Many times, when I am just simply being and enjoying a quiet moment, I put my mind into standby mode. Sensing is still going on because that's what I do to enjoy being present in the moment, but there is no thinking going on.

I put thinking into standby mode whenever I need or want to conserve energy.

This confuses people because they see my eyes are somewhat active, so they assume there must be something deeper going on inside. I'm not thinking - I'm just being.

It's essentially meditation.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    That's a perfect term for what I do!

Many times, when I am just simply being and enjoying a quiet moment, I put my mind into standby mode. Sensing is still going on because that's what I do to enjoy being present in the moment, but there is no thinking going on.

I go into standby mode whenever I need or want to conserve energy.

This confuses people because they see my eyes are somewhat active, so they assume there must be something deeper going on inside. I'm not thinking - I'm just being.

It's essentially meditation.
    That's exactly a good way to describe it..

It is like meditation, but its not on purpose for me.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    That's exactly a good way to describe it..

It is like meditation, but its not on purpose for me.
    Not on purpose? What do you mean by that?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    i occasionally consider what would happen if, let's say, my front outside tire blew out going 65 in a 15,000 lbs truck around a curve in the middle lane of a 5 lane highway. while driving. noticed i do that today.

keeps me focused and aware of the controls.

pretty girls

food

attention

sweet comebacks that are much too late

how to organize my stuff

what i should do with my time instead of goofing off online

important things

trivial things

i spend a lot of time not really thinking and just looking around

EDIT:
    actually, i don't think about a lot of this unless it's in front of me. so i think about driving while driving, pretty girls when i see them, and food when i'm hungry. and about things i should be doing that are more important than answering silly thread posts when i'm spending time answering (and editing) silly thread posts.

whoops.
    I have to say, I relate to most of the ISTP's who have posted. These things are pretty common to what I think about and my train of thought!

I do a lot of "I wonder what would happen if..." scenarios. They are usually triggered by something in front of me and involve something off the wall like, "I wonder what would happen if someone came into my workplace with a gun...what would I do?" or what I consider funny. I often find myself laughing at my own thoughts...which makes me look kind of crazy.

Someone mentioned being bothered by being asked, "what are you thinking" but do you ever find yourself being asked, "what's wrong?" or "you don't look like you're having a good time"? This really bothers me! The phrasing puts me on the defensive and I hate that! :steam:
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I have to say, I relate to most of the ISTP's who have posted. These things are pretty common to what I think about and my train of thought!

I do a lot of "I wonder what would happen if..." scenarios. They are usually triggered by something in front of me and involve something off the wall like, "I wonder what would happen if someone came into my workplace with a gun...what would I do?" or what I consider funny. I often find myself laughing at my own thoughts...which makes me look kind of crazy.

Someone mentioned being bothered by being asked, "what are you thinking" but do you ever find yourself being asked, "what's wrong?" or "you don't look like you're having a good time"? This really bothers me! The phrasing puts me on the defensive and I hate that! :steam:
    Just don't let it bother you

Have you ever considered what was on your mind when someone asked you that question that brought up that emotion?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Just don't let it bother you

Have you ever considered what was on your mind when someone asked you that question that brought up that emotion?

This happened to me last night at a bar, so I'm thinking....nothing? I was mainly just watching people. I remember watching this one girl with bleach blond hair and enormous fake boobs (looked like Daisy from Rock of Love) and I wondered why anyone would want to look like a Muppet stripper. But this was a very fleeting thought and I was on to the next person or was back to watching the band play.

It puts me on the defensive because when I say "I'm having a good time" they almost always question me further on it. "Well, it doesn't look like it. Why aren't you talking more?" kind of thing. Wondering what others do to counteract this?? I know what makes me feel better is just smile and not reply to any questions after their first one. I think, why should I have to "sell" you on my good time? I've answered your question. Either believe it or not.

Sometimes, it's nice to watch other people having a great time or acting silly and that is a good time for me too. Like, I generally like crowds and feed off the energy but don't necessarily have to interact with anybody to have a good time. Then if I decide I want to get more involved - I do...or I just drink more and get a little crazy and talkative!
    ~luck favors the ready~

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    This happened to me last night at a bar, so I'm thinking....nothing? I was mainly just watching people. I remember watching this one girl with bleach blond hair and enormous fake boobs (looked like Daisy from Rock of Love) and I wondered why anyone would want to look like a Muppet stripper. But this was a very fleeting thought and I was on to the next person or was back to watching the band play.

It puts me on the defensive because when I say "I'm having a good time" they almost always question me further on it. "Well, it doesn't look like it. Why aren't you talking more?" kind of thing. Wondering what others do to counteract this?? I know what makes me feel better is just smile and not reply to any questions after their first one. I think, why should I have to "sell" you on my good time? I've answered your question. Either believe it or not.

Sometimes, it's nice to watch other people having a great time or acting silly and that is a good time for me too. Like, I generally like crowds and feed off the energy but don't necessarily have to interact with anybody to have a good time. Then if I decide I want to get more involved - I do...or I just drink more and get a little crazy and talkative!
    I perfectly understand what you mean.

If you really are content with yourself and you're having a good time, there's no need to be defensive about how you choose to do it. Just offer a genuine smile and enlighten people

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

That's one trait that I really like about ISTP. You don't seem to let anything really get to you. It's a trait that I am trying to hijack! lol...On that note, what does get to you?
    ~luck favors the ready~