User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    IxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Hat trick!!!
    Progession of thoughts after reading this:

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal! I love soccer, actually, I want to play soccer right now, too bad its 12am and raining outside. Rain is sweet, and relaxing, and thunder sounds cool too, and i love the smell after it rains. Speaking of smells, i think my popcorn's almost done popping, should probably go get that before it burns.... etc., etc., ad infinitum

Basically my thought processes are ongoing and random, almost always triggered by something in my environment. Also, yes, it bothers the hell out of me when someone asks me what I'm thinking about, mostly because it de-rails the train of thoughts I was having, and I enjoy having a good train of thoughts, but also because when I'm thinking to myself, I'm doing just that: thinking to MYSELF. If I wanted to have other's input on things I'd tell them what I was thinking about, otherwise leave me and my train be .

Another random thought: my thoughts are essentially a bunch of run-on sentences, which is probably why most of my sentences on here seem to be run-ons...
    “My generation's apathy. I'm disgusted with it. I'm disgusted with my own apathy too, for being spineless and not always standing up against racism, sexism and all those other -isms the counterculture has been whinning about for years.” -Kurt Cobain

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

SP's think? PREPOSTEROUS!

/end humorous sarcasm.
    Last edited by mortabunt; 06-19-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: To help the quick-tempered SP's that populate this forum to get the joke.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    I see you still haven't grown up yet. You've had your ass handed to you in a few other threads because of comments similar to the above. Why don't you go play in the NT forum and save yourself further ridicule?

Quote Originally Posted by soccerjunkie1996 View Post
    Basically my thought processes are ongoing and random, almost always triggered by something in my environment. Also, yes, it bothers the hell out of me when someone asks me what I'm thinking about, mostly because it de-rails the train of thoughts I was having, and I enjoy having a good train of thoughts, but also because when I'm thinking to myself, I'm doing just that: thinking to MYSELF. If I wanted to have other's input on things I'd tell them what I was thinking about, otherwise leave me and my train be .
    Thoughtus Interruptus! Everytime I am asked "What are you thinking about?" OR "Why did you say that?" I have to rewind my brain and go through the myriad of inter-connected thoughts and experiences that led me to state "X" which was simply a response to that person's previous comment/statement. Then they say "Oh, wow, yeah, I get it!" and then they tell me the lost their train of thought and I have to remind them where we were in the conversation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

MORTA COMBAT!

FINISH HIM!

????????BABBA
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I see you still haven't grown up yet. You've had your ass handed to you in a few other threads because of comments similar to the above. Why don't you go play in the NT forum and save yourself further ridicule?
    I'm sure he's ridiculed amongst his fellow NTs as well. He makes them all look bad, and I bet they really appreciate that. An NT incapable of thought? :rolli:

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Nope. This whole thread was just a trick question.

gotcha!

MBTI
    XXFP

i occasionally consider what would happen if, let's say, my front outside tire blew out going 65 in a 15,000 lbs truck around a curve in the middle lane of a 5 lane highway. while driving. noticed i do that today.

keeps me focused and aware of the controls.

pretty girls

food

attention

sweet comebacks that are much too late

how to organize my stuff

what i should do with my time instead of goofing off online

important things

trivial things

i spend a lot of time not really thinking and just looking around

EDIT:
    actually, i don't think about a lot of this unless it's in front of me. so i think about driving while driving, pretty girls when i see them, and food when i'm hungry. and about things i should be doing that are more important than answering silly thread posts when i'm spending time answering (and editing) silly thread posts.

whoops.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    i occasionally consider what would happen if, let's say, my front outside tire blew out going 65 in a 15,000 lbs truck around a curve in the middle lane of a 5 lane highway. while driving.
    haha! did you come up with anything?
    that is when we ISTPs come alive, by the way.
    if i could pause time to switch places and get in the driver's seat during an accident or a blowout, that would be ideal.

actually, i don't think about a lot of this unless it's in front of me. so i think about driving while driving, pretty girls when i see them, and food when i'm hungry.
    yeah, i do the same thing. that is my biggest observation about my thinking - it is driven entirely by my enviroment.

MBTI
    intj

It was great reading your answers. It struck me that it was all about WHAT ACTION YOU were going to DO NEXT...hahahaha...that never crosses my mind. I look for ways to avoid action at all costs. I just think my thoughts...I love thoughts...one after the other...I strive to stay as still as possible...anyway...great insights...the only one I agreed with was the sex.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    haha! did you come up with anything?
    that is when we ISTPs come alive, by the way.
    if i could pause time to switch places and get in the driver's seat during an accident or a blowout, that would be ideal.
    Yeah.

Lanes

L | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5| S

I'm in lane 3. Road curves to the left. Passenger side front tire blows.

If there was a car in lane 4, right next to me, he'd have a bad day. I'd probably drift into his lane. (Not much I can do - even if I did compensate by turning left I might over do it, lose all control, start heading off toward lane 1 and roll the truck...bad. He'd just have to get hit.) Ideally 4 and 5 would be relatively clear and I'd point the steering wheel to slightly left and get over to the shoulder. I'd probably have a death grip on the wheel, at least for the first 3/4 of a second, but I'd attempt to keep steering inputs non-jerky (no swinging of the wheel). I'd also keep off the foot brake, get off the accelerator (slowly), and try to remember to turn off the exhaust brake (big diesel truck feature...also found on smaller towing rigs?) to maintain some speed/stability as I got over to shoulder. The gear shift and e-brake don't effect this situation.

If there was a guy in lane 4 or 5, ideally, they would just brake and I'd pass in front of them while they maintained lane position. But it's probable they would also swerve to the right to avoid me as I crossed over lanes. That means they might swerve over to the shoulder (S) while braking. I would have to avoid squishing them into the guardrail.

Also to consider is that they might swerve right (to S), then brake, then pull back left as I passed in front of them. This poses a hazard for drivers in lanes 3, 4, and 5. I'd have to assess situation as best I can to prevent pileup behind me.

Pulling to the left shoulder (L) is difficult and maybe even impossible. Really dangerous to pull left hard...potential rollover worst case, but more likely suspension gets upset and I drift into lane 2 or 1, wreaking havoc. Depends on truck load, traction on my driver side tire, my sway bar holding (prob would bend), and how the suspension is set up (hard).

There's a lot more contingencies.

This would all happen in about 6 seconds or less. Most critical are first 2.

yeah, i do the same thing. that is my biggest observation about my thinking - it is driven entirely by my enviroment.
    true
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.