First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    But, but, have you ever considered - combining all of those?!
    In progress, trying to keep thorns of roses out of lingerie.

I think I'll have to build a platform to keep the sand off my balls.

I move my eyes and head around a lot as well.

My NT friends told me yesterday that they thought I was insane. I said we're all insane - you guys are just a different type of insane therefore you don't understand my insanity.

Sometimes they'll ask me what I'm thinking about, as if this constant sensing implied that I was thinking in the way they think about things. Usually it's not much at all, especially if nothing interesting is going on. Even if I can tell them what I'm thinking, it's never really interesting to them. It's always something direct and blunt - nothing to fuel their Ne.

I can't turn it off either. My mind is always taking in sensory information and processing it. I can definitely understand what millerm277 said about it making us look like we're up to no good.

MBTI
    xSFJ
    Enneagram
    2w1

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Sometimes they'll ask me what I'm thinking about, as if this constant sensing implied that I was thinking in the way they think about things. Usually it's not much at all, especially if nothing interesting is going on. Even if I can tell them what I'm thinking, it's never really interesting to them. It's always something direct and blunt - nothing to fuel their Ne.
    Hilarious. My boyfriend (ISTP) and I go through this every so often. I almost always laugh out loud after receiving his answer to my question, "What are you thinking about?" (Asked because he looks lost in serious thought.)
    Si, Fe equal Fi & Ti

"I had a bag of Fritos, they were Texas grilled Fritos. These Fritos had grill marks on them. They remind me of summer, when we used to fire up the barbeque and throw down some Fritos. I can still see my dad with the apron on. Better flip that Frito, dad, you know how I like it." -Mitch Hedberg

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

phoenity, i have the same experience. sometimes when i tell someone what i am thinking they seem disappointed. i almost expect them to say "oh really, that's it?"

do you ever find it off-putting or annoying when people ask you 'what are you thinking?'

also, when someone does ask you what you're thinking, do you find it difficult to articulate your thoughts? do you ever feel like you don't exactly know what you're thinking?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yea, I'm usually pretty blank in the mind- just taking in my own surroundings.- Sometimes thinking in a stream of images, kind of like one of those digital picture frames. When i'm actually thinking hard on something, its usually career or relationship related, or something about the current day or the next day, or the day before. Maybe a couple of days later if its important.

Sometimes i'm thinking about the next task, or the current task. Or the previous task. Pretty boring, doesn't span a whole lot of topics.

At night when I go to bed I imagine some nice things like going to the beach or the next camping trip, or sitting around a fire, or something like that. These are the times i'll wake my boyfriend up to say. "WE SHOULD GO KAYAKING THIS WEEKEND!!" And he's like eh? That's as futuristic as my mind wanders for the most part.

I have that thing too, when I look like i'm in deep thought- people close to me will ask me what i'm thinking about, when i'm probably just off on one of those image streams or staring at some pretty flower or something. I've mentioned this on the forum before, that I call it "screensaver" when that happens. To explain it to people who truly just do not believe that I'm not thinking about anything.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Shifty eyes, it's interesting when I'm on the train everyone around me either goes to sleep, or goes into like a trance with their eyes straight forward staring at a middle distance. I seem to be the only one that is constantly looking around, no one else seems to be there in the moment.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISFP

Unfortunately, my crush but he fades into the back of my mind as soon as I do school-related activities.

If neither of the two, I think about doing things people around me would never think of me doing it. To be specific, here they are:

-Being an actress
    -Performing in a music video
    -Singing before a large crowd
    -Being a representative for our school's beauty contest

I admit, I have some pretty outrageous fantasies...because I'm a shy introvert.
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

What do I think about???
    • chocolate
    • watering my garden before it rains (huh???)
    • gardens in general
    • mulch
    • what cat food will both cats eat and not turn up their tails and walk away?
    • making my friend Carmen's baby laugh
    • singing for a big audience!
    • chocolate
    • taking a day-long walk
    • sunshine
    • my nephew's wedding in July
    • how to put my afghan together
    • sleeping
    • chocolate
    • when will these wars end
      • chocolate...
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    phoenity, i have the same experience. sometimes when i tell someone what i am thinking they seem disappointed. i almost expect them to say "oh really, that's it?"

do you ever find it off-putting or annoying when people ask you 'what are you thinking?'

also, when someone does ask you what you're thinking, do you find it difficult to articulate your thoughts? do you ever feel like you don't exactly know what you're thinking?
    It's definitely annoying. If I was thinking about something that I felt needed to be shared, I would share it.

The wandering eyes, which I guess appears to outsiders as "thinking", perhaps because it seems like my eyes are looking for something, is simply sensing, taking in of visual (and all other sensory) information about my surroundings. It's automatic, it's the very core of my perception of reality.

It's almost like a computer. Sensing is taking in information about reality, my immediate environment, all physical objective information, and processes it through thinking. Thinking determines what that information means and decides what to do with it. Usually it's quick and easily understood, something I've seen before, in which case it's stored in RAM as quick access for future use. If it's not something I've seen before, thinking will process it longer until it knows what to do with it. Sometimes this requires sensing more data about that thing, in which case my eyes will be fixed on this for a longer period.

After I've absorbed so much information about my environment, it's like thinking sits idle at a command prompt, waiting for something else to process. When a problem arises, when something needs to be done, thinking processes it using sensory information stored in RAM.

Essentially I'm a robot. I take in sensory information and store it. When I'm thinking, I'm thinking about the information I'm taking in, perhaps relating it to similar information, thinking about what I can do with this information. The main objective of my mind is information intake, processing and storage, then idling looking for someway to use this information in a practical way, to solve a problem, make trouble, do something fun, etc. The objective is not thinking, or evolution of a thought or idea; the objective is to DO, and typically, it's oriented in the immediate moment, or not-too-far-off future, like a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yea, I'm usually pretty blank in the mind- just taking in my own surroundings.- Sometimes thinking in a stream of images, kind of like one of those digital picture frames. When i'm actually thinking hard on something, its usually career or relationship related, or something about the current day or the next day, or the day before. Maybe a couple of days later if its important.

Sometimes i'm thinking about the next task, or the current task. Or the previous task. Pretty boring, doesn't span a whole lot of topics.

At night when I go to bed I imagine some nice things like going to the beach or the next camping trip, or sitting around a fire, or something like that. These are the times i'll wake my boyfriend up to say. "WE SHOULD GO KAYAKING THIS WEEKEND!!" And he's like eh? That's as futuristic as my mind wanders for the most part.

I have that thing too, when I look like i'm in deep thought- people close to me will ask me what i'm thinking about, when i'm probably just off on one of those image streams or staring at some pretty flower or something. I've mentioned this on the forum before, that I call it "screensaver" when that happens. To explain it to people who truly just do not believe that I'm not thinking about anything.
    I love it!

For me its pretty much the same, I'm usually looking around at my surroundings taking it in but sometimes my Ti will entertain me with some random

I rarely look absent minded really... people talk to me so much whenever I'm in public places its ridiculous!!

Catching a train to the city I'll probably have a random conversation with 3 strangers, none of which started by me haha