• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SPs and teamwork

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
What are your thoughts on teamwork? I personally love the idea of it, but in the end, I like working alone much better. When I'm on a team, I look for direction, which I'm almost always disappointed in. I'll ask where my efforts would best be placed, I am given a god-why-can't-you-figure-this-out kind of look, and then I'm on my own. When I'm on a team, I usually just try to look busy. But when I'm working on something all by myself, I'm a pretty efficient worker. Can others relate? And does anyone have any advice for better teamwork?

maliafee

What are your thoughts on teamwork? I personally love the idea of it, but in the end, I like working alone much better. When I'm on a team, I look for direction, which I'm almost always disappointed in. I'll ask where my efforts would best be placed, I am given a god-why-can't-you-figure-this-out kind of look, and then I'm on my own. When I'm on a team, I usually just try to look busy. But when I'm working on something all by myself, I'm a pretty efficient worker. Can others relate? And does anyone have any advice for better teamwork?

When I think of team work, I just dread the idea. I think back to high school, being put in groups and having to do all the work for everyone else because I wanted to do it by myself anyway, and everyone else would just write their names on my work. Irritating.

I do like doing things with others though... like if I'm cooking and my boyfriend is grating cheese, that's really fun. I feel like we're a great team when we cook together or work together in other similar ways. We don't tell each other what to do, we just work symbiotically.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Why sit around and argue with thirty some odd people about the way to do it, when I can get it done in half the time and my way?

esfpmary

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I can cope alright though prefer to be active and busy doing things whilst others ponder over minor details. Details are definitely important but I find that most of my collegues dwell too long on it. In general I work best alone with feedback from the team.

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx

So, teamwork is evil. :devil:

Thanks to everyone who posted. Like you, maliafee, I find it very pleasant to cook and do other similar tasks in exactly the way you described. It's fun and natural that way. It's only with bigger projects that I have a difficulty. :p

Why sit around and argue with thirty some odd people about the way to do it, when I can get it done in half the time and my way?

When you put it like that, hell yeah, why would you? :D

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So, teamwork is evil. :devil:

Thanks to everyone who posted. Like you, maliafee, I find it very pleasant to cook and do other similar tasks in exactly the way you described. It's fun and natural that way. It's only with bigger projects that I have a difficulty. :p

When you put it like that, hell yeah, why would you? :D
Oh, oh, I sense a partner.

Team up with me? The plunder will be grand.

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
Excellent. Who are we taking down first?

I nominate the worst of all types. XXXX.

Alright, let's do this! XXXX is the most vague type ever, so what are their known weaknesses? ... Hell, maybe we shouldn't analyze them... maybe we should just blow them up.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Alright, let's do this! XXXX is the most vague type ever, so what are their known weaknesses? ... Hell, maybe we shouldn't analyze them... maybe we should just blow them up.
I had this really awesome plan that involved going to a person's profile (XXXX), plugging it into this really cool website that has a nice flash animation with explosions... and I couldn't find the link.

I can't find it now. I'm heartbroken.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I like being in charge of work teams. I'm an excellent analyst, can think on my feet quite well, and am able to identify with people and motivate them to contribute.

Otherwise, if I'm not in charge, I'll pass on the teamwork. :cheese:

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
I had this really awesome plan that involved going to a person's profile (XXXX), plugging it into this really cool website that has a nice flash animation with explosions... and I couldn't find the link.

I can't find it now. I'm heartbroken.

I think this would work.

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
:thelook:Rick Roll? I like that song.

I like the song too... begrudgingly. That's the link to the one that makes your browser dance all over the place, right? I didn't click on it, seeing as how I'm currently using my computer.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I like the song too... begrudgingly. That's the link to the one that makes your browser dance all over the place, right? I didn't click on it, seeing as how I'm currently using my computer.
Go ahead! Click on it! I know you want to!

[Edit] Take one for the team!

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
Go ahead! Click on it! I know you want to!

[Edit] Take one for the team!

It's the right one. You owe me, by the way. I had to shut Firefox down from the control panel, since in an attempt to skip through the lyrics pop ups, I ended up with three tabs of rick-rolling goodness. *shivers*

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It's the right one. You owe me, by the way. I had to shut Firefox down from the control panel, since in an attempt to skip through the lyrics pop ups, I ended up with three tabs of rick-rolling goodness. *shivers*
Here, have a cold one on me.

monster%20bfc.jpg

Truly, one of the most beautiful things to ever exist. A can of Monster BFC.

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
Here, have a cold one on me.

monster%20bfc.jpg

Truly, one of the most beautiful things to ever exist. A can of Monster BFC.

Always exercise caution with those drinks. One of my friend's family members died from slamming an energy drink.

I would take a strong coffee though, if you're buying. :devil: