• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP's, what job do you have?

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
I was wandering around the NF Idyllic forum and found a very interesting topic, http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/16951-nf-s-what-job-do-you-have.htmland inspired me to post this thread. :)

So, I'm interested on how many SP's really are into typical SP occupations and how many are not. Also, state your satisfaction/dissatisfaction regarding your occupations.

Btw, I'm still a medical technology student which is a field for xSTJ's and ISFJ, but I'm loving every minute of it!

wolfy

awsm
So far I have delivered newspapers, worked at a supermarket, cleaned schools and as an adult I have been a baker, a bakery production manager, a gym trainer, a personal trainer and an English teacher and a few other things short term.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Accounts Receivable basically, not what I would consider an SP job but it's surprisingly satisfying.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My occupational history is below:|
---------------------------------
(1) Age 15 = Domino's Pizza (Phones and Make Line)
(2) Age 16-17 = Sizzler Steak House (Cashier and Bus Boy)
(3) Age 17-20 = Optical Salesperson, Contact Lens Technician, Optician
(4) Age 20-24 = Personal Trainer
(5) Age 24-25 = Systems Engineer + Software Instructor/Curriculum Designer
(6) Age 25-26 = Applications Developer / Software Sales Representative
(7) Age 26-30 = Business Process Analyst
(8) Age 30-32 = Project Manager / Lead Analyst
(9) Age 32-35 = Senior Database Analyst / Contract Manager

--------------------------------------------
I've made money via self employment as well.|
-Age 8-10 I mowed lawns and raked leaves

-Age 10-15 I detailed cars

-Age 30-33 I waited tables at a BBQ restaurant, DJed at a local bar, and did landscaping to make extra money as my second daughter was born and I wanted to keep my wife at home as long as possible.

Bottom line is this: I'm an industrious bastard with a love of cash flow. I do what it takes to make my schemes come to life. My objectives will be met. It might break my back at times but the sweet victory of seeing my plans come to life is worth it every time! :yes:

KarenParker

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
freelance graphic artist/web designer. It was the only career I could think of that would allow me the most amount of time to play music. I spent a few months reading thousands of pages on everything I'd ever need to know about web design (I'd been a graphic artist for two years already) and then I was more than ready to dive right in.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
freelance graphic artist/web designer. It was the only career I could think of that would allow me the most amount of time to play music. I spent a few months reading thousands of pages on everything I'd ever need to know about web design (I'd been a graphic artist for two years already) and then I was more than ready to dive right in.

Cool! What music do you play? I looooooove music.

If I had a choice in the matter I'd be a bodybuilder and a DJ.

:D

esfpmary

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I have always worked in hospitality jobs, the longest as flight attendant.

Unique

I'm thinking about getting into graphics myself

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
My occupational history is below:|
---------------------------------
(1) Age 15 = Domino's Pizza (Phones and Make Line)
(2) Age 16-17 = Sizzler Steak House (Cashier and Bus Boy)
(3) Age 17-20 = Optical Salesperson, Contact Lens Technician, Optician
(4) Age 20-24 = Personal Trainer
(5) Age 24-25 = Systems Engineer + Software Instructor/Curriculum Designer
(6) Age 25-26 = Applications Developer / Software Sales Representative
(7) Age 26-30 = Business Process Analyst
(8) Age 30-32 = Project Manager / Lead Analyst
(9) Age 32-35 = Senior Database Analyst / Contract Manager

I've made money via self employment as well.|
-Age 8-10 I mowed lawns and raked leaves

-Age 10-15 I detailed cars

-Age 30-33 I waited tables at a BBQ restaurant, DJed at a local bar, and did landscaping to make extra money as my second daughter was born and I wanted to keep my wife at home as long as possible.

Bottom line is this: I'm an industrious bastard with a love of cash flow. I do what it takes to make my schemes come to life. My objectives will be met. It might break my back at times but the sweet victory of seeing my plans come to life is worth it every time! :yes:

I hope that I had your drive. I usually won't do something unless it's something I really enjoy. Often, I would think of doing something and unless it's very important(for me), it'll will be left undone.

Hmm...I'm quite impressed with your "resume". I can describe you as an all-around person, ambitious(in positive terms), and driven. I just would like to ask if ST's or particularly ESTP's are like this. :)

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
freelance reporter and photographer... pet sitter... election inspector... baby sitter...
I went to school for journalism but it pays next to nothing and no one wants to read newspapers anymore...
Time for a career change...
sigh...:cry:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hope that I had your drive. I usually won't do something unless it's something I really enjoy. Often, I would think of doing something and unless it's very important(for me), it'll will be left undone.

I am motivated to work for one of two reasons: (1) A personally gratifying job that pays enough for me to live comfortably, or (2) A job that pays great and is of variable gratification, but allows me to save quickly for a given objective.

Since becoming a father I have stuck more with the stable, gratifying jobs as I like to have time with my kiddies and if I need to make extra cash I can do that in my free time. :D

Hmm...I'm quite impressed with your "resume". I can describe you as an all-around person, ambitious(in positive terms), and driven. I just would like to ask if ST's or particularly ESTP's are like this. :)

Thanks! :cheese: My father is ESTJ, and I am very much like him. One of my best friends is ESFP and he lacks such drive, but is successful in things outside of his occupation.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I am motivated to work for one of two reasons: (1) A personally gratifying job that pays enough for me to live comfortably, or (2) A job that pays great and is of variable gratification, but allows me to save quickly for a given objective.

Since becoming a father I have stuck more with the stable, gratifying jobs as I like to have time with my kiddies and if I need to make extra cash I can do that in my free time. :D

Thanks! :cheese: My father is ESTJ, and I am very much like him. One of my best friends is ESFP and he lacks such drive, but is successful in things outside of his occupation.
So based on a hunch, you like to make money.

$$$

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My ISTP friend/co-worker has worked in Russia as an English teacher, she works as an admin/front desk person now and has told me she's worked for Subway in the past. She will be graduating with her master's in Publishing and teaching English in Korea for a year 2010. Afterward she wants to get her Phd so she can become an English professor...go figure.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm starting grad school in the fall, so I just have a summer job for now. I mostly maintain the animals used in research, mostly aquatic (various fish, frogs). Sort of like a vet tech, I guess. Not a job I could have forever but I don't mind it so far.

I intend to work in health research after grad school. My masters will be cancer/endocrinology stuff, so probably I'll continue in the same general area. I think it's not really an SP job, tending to be more N and J.

Previous jobs: several lab tech-like jobs, gov't data entry, and cashier. Nothing very exciting yet.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
office manager for a Subway sandwiches franchise which owns 20 restaurants

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
My ISTP friend/co-worker has worked in Russia as an English teacher, she works as an admin/front desk person now and has told me she's worked for Subway in the past. She will be graduating with her master's in Publishing and teaching English in Korea for a year 2010. Afterward she wants to get her Phd so she can become an English professor...go figure.

She still wants to be an English teacher-slash-professor. Consistent :)

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP

Maybe when I have kids of my own, my work attitude would turn for the better...hope so! :smile:

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
I intend to work in health research after grad school. My masters will be cancer/endocrinology stuff, so probably I'll continue in the same general area. I think it's not really an SP job, tending to be more N and J.

You could be developing your N side...or, it's all a matter of what you're interested in.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
So far I have delivered newspapers, worked at a supermarket, cleaned schools and as an adult I have been a baker, a bakery production manager, a gym trainer, a personal trainer and an English teacher and a few other things short term.

You've been a baker?! I love sweets :cheese: I once considered of being a pastry chef myself so that I can eat all the sweets I can..though it's bad for your health if eaten too much :cry: