First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by riel View Post
    I hope that I had your drive. I usually won't do something unless it's something I really enjoy. Often, I would think of doing something and unless it's very important(for me), it'll will be left undone.
    I am motivated to work for one of two reasons: (1) A personally gratifying job that pays enough for me to live comfortably, or (2) A job that pays great and is of variable gratification, but allows me to save quickly for a given objective.

Since becoming a father I have stuck more with the stable, gratifying jobs as I like to have time with my kiddies and if I need to make extra cash I can do that in my free time.

Quote Originally Posted by riel View Post
    Hmm...I'm quite impressed with your "resume". I can describe you as an all-around person, ambitious(in positive terms), and driven. I just would like to ask if ST's or particularly ESTP's are like this.
    Thanks! My father is ESTJ, and I am very much like him. One of my best friends is ESFP and he lacks such drive, but is successful in things outside of his occupation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I am motivated to work for one of two reasons: (1) A personally gratifying job that pays enough for me to live comfortably, or (2) A job that pays great and is of variable gratification, but allows me to save quickly for a given objective.

Since becoming a father I have stuck more with the stable, gratifying jobs as I like to have time with my kiddies and if I need to make extra cash I can do that in my free time.

Thanks! My father is ESTJ, and I am very much like him. One of my best friends is ESFP and he lacks such drive, but is successful in things outside of his occupation.
    So based on a hunch, you like to make money.

$$$
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

My ISTP friend/co-worker has worked in Russia as an English teacher, she works as an admin/front desk person now and has told me she's worked for Subway in the past. She will be graduating with her master's in Publishing and teaching English in Korea for a year 2010. Afterward she wants to get her Phd so she can become an English professor...go figure.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm starting grad school in the fall, so I just have a summer job for now. I mostly maintain the animals used in research, mostly aquatic (various fish, frogs). Sort of like a vet tech, I guess. Not a job I could have forever but I don't mind it so far.

I intend to work in health research after grad school. My masters will be cancer/endocrinology stuff, so probably I'll continue in the same general area. I think it's not really an SP job, tending to be more N and J.

Previous jobs: several lab tech-like jobs, gov't data entry, and cashier. Nothing very exciting yet.
    -end of thread-

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

office manager for a Subway sandwiches franchise which owns 20 restaurants
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    ...no one wants to read newspapers anymore...
    I still like to read newspapers
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    My ISTP friend/co-worker has worked in Russia as an English teacher, she works as an admin/front desk person now and has told me she's worked for Subway in the past. She will be graduating with her master's in Publishing and teaching English in Korea for a year 2010. Afterward she wants to get her Phd so she can become an English professor...go figure.
    She still wants to be an English teacher-slash-professor. Consistent

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Maybe when I have kids of my own, my work attitude would turn for the better...hope so!

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I intend to work in health research after grad school. My masters will be cancer/endocrinology stuff, so probably I'll continue in the same general area. I think it's not really an SP job, tending to be more N and J.
    You could be developing your N side...or, it's all a matter of what you're interested in.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    So far I have delivered newspapers, worked at a supermarket, cleaned schools and as an adult I have been a baker, a bakery production manager, a gym trainer, a personal trainer and an English teacher and a few other things short term.
    You've been a baker?! I love sweets I once considered of being a pastry chef myself so that I can eat all the sweets I can..though it's bad for your health if eaten too much