• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] What is with this creativity stereotype?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
From almost every SP description, especially ISFP descriptions, I find something about being very creative. Well, I'm NOT creative. GAHHH!

Sorry, more of a random outburst I needed. Ahhh, much better.

/DG/

See this is what happens. People ask for interests and then assume it means creativity. Interests are interests, creativity is creativity. Two seperate things.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
See this is what happens. People ask for interests and then assume it means creativity. Interests are interests, creativity is creativity. Two seperate things.

I'm not sure what you mean, of course they can be related.

Well what is it that you think of when it comes to "creativity" and how exactly do you not live up to that?

wolfy

awsm
How are you defining creative?

I feel the urge to create, the need to express yourself through some medium is core to the type.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
You don't have to be physically creative..you don't have to dress or look like a creative person, you don't have to be an artist or a photographer or even someone who is even remotely interested in the arts..it's about how you think and carry out things.

SPs use their natural creativity and apply it to day to day things.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You should come to my SJ office I work in and get yourself a definition of anti-creativity :D

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
You know, there are people who are creative and don't show it because it's practical creativity.

And then there are people who can draw and dress crazy who aren't creative at all.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Creativity shows up in areas where the said individual is interested in. I'd say what makes something creative is originality and efficiency in the solution of whatever problem they're addressing.

In some ways personality types are stereotyping. It's just that in general, most SPs are thought to be creative.

/DG/

I'm not sure what you mean, of course they can be related.

Well what is it that you think of when it comes to "creativity" and how exactly do you not live up to that?

Ehh, I never meant that they weren't related, what I meant is that they don't have to be. I see creative as being able to come up with your own personal ideas, being imaginative, original, etc.

I feel the urge to create, the need to express yourself through some medium is core to the type.

I don't feel that urge.

SPs use their natural creativity and apply it to day to day things.

Would you mind giving me an example, por favor? :)

You should come to my SJ office I work in and get yourself a definition of anti-creativity :D

Haha. You know it. ;)

You know, there are people who are creative and don't show it because it's practical creativity.

Hmm, "practical creativity." Well, that's an idea I've never heard before. What would you call practical creativity?

Creativity shows up in areas where the said individual is interested in. I'd say what makes something creative is originality and efficiency in the solution of whatever problem they're addressing.

I'm not creative in the things I'm interested in.

nightning said:
In some ways personality types are stereotyping. It's just that in general, most SPs are thought to be creative.

Yeah, I know, it's just this stereotype in particular that sets me off. :tongue:

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
That's really, really interesting. I've never known an SP who wasn't creative. Perhaps you are creative, and it's so natural and inherent to your nature that you don't even realize it. I have a very impulsive friend who was taken aback when I asked her if she was impulsive, but upon further discussion, she blurted out "But that's not impulsiveness, that's being human!" She is impulsive, to the point that she can't imagine being any other way. So maybe you really are creative, but you can't see it.

Or, you really are entirely uncreative. In that case... you're either a really unique SP or you are mistyped.

/DG/

Nah, I'm probably mistyped. I typed myself. Every time someone tries to help me, it points to ISFP, but I could just not be revealing about myself what needs to be revealed in order to type me properly. Who knows? :tongue:

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think under that thought (that creativity can manifest in a multitude of ways, in various areas of interest)- you could define almost all (if not all) people are creative, no?

The opportunist in me thinks, though, DisneyGeek, that there are worse things to be stereotyped as (such as "smart").

Personally, I don't think I've that creative either.