• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] What is with this creativity stereotype?

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
if all people are creative, why even label anyone or anything as creative
creativity is coming up with something completely original or taking something in existence, tweaking it up and making it your own.
is creativity here looked as a way of self expression or a personal characteristic one holds?
either way, it doesnt exist because the word and its meaning and what it stands for, to me, is a total oxymoron and contradiction in itself

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From almost every SP description, especially ISFP descriptions, I find something about being very creative. Well, I'm NOT creative. GAHHH!

Sorry, more of a random outburst I needed. Ahhh, much better.

I choose to reference earlier posts.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sp-arthouse/15165-possible-non-creative-sp.html#post587650

These next two don't specifically relate to you but help to prove my point.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-private-forum/9207-creativity-3.html#post570271

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/sj-private-forum/9207-creativity-3.html#post570289

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
if all people are creative, why even label anyone or anything as creative
creativity is coming up with something completely original or taking something in existence, tweaking it up and making it your own.
is creativity here looked as a way of self expression or a personal characteristic one holds?
either way, it doesnt exist because the word and its meaning and what it stands for, to me, is a total oxymoron and contradiction in itself

I really like this.

Hey hey, now. Stalking me? Jk. :newwink:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
From almost every SP description, especially ISFP descriptions, I find something about being very creative. Well, I'm NOT creative. GAHHH!

Well, quit bringin the rest of us down, then. ;)

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Your just crazy Jeffster. If that's a form of creativity, which in your case it might be, more power to ya. :)

/DG/

K brb while I compose some symphonies, make some amazing paintings, and choreograph the world's next greatest ballet.

SaltyWench

MBTI Type
xxxx
I can never tell sarcasm by text only. :cry:

How could sarcasm be better expressed in text? Is there a way to do it? Also, maybe this is why there are so few SPs online. Everything is better expressed in person, or at least with voice. :p

/DG/

How could sarcasm be better expressed in text? Is there a way to do it?
By placing [/sarcasm] at the end of your post, duh!

[/sarcasm] :D

SaltyWench said:
Also, maybe this is why there are so few SPs online. Everything is better expressed in person, or at least with voice. :p
Mmm, that does make sense. I, however, prefer the internet because you don't really have the awkward, long pauses that you have when communicating with voice. Also, I find the internet (especially forums) a great place to open up a little more (not saying I'll give out my personal info :newwink:).

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
My mom is ESFP and we actually had a big discussion about it. She owns more "craft stuff" than anyone I know and has been highly involved with most crafts. She wouldn't let me call her an artist. So we went with creative.

I like to express myself by creating things.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Anything, everything. I sew, I craft, I photoshop.

My ISFJ step mom can't creative herself out of a paper bag. (I only know because she would say so herself) She doesn't have a bone of creativity in her body. Her daughters both do though.

/DG/

Haha.

Maybe I just need to find the right medium to be creative...

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha.

Maybe I just need to find the right medium to be creative...

It amazing what conclusions someone can come to when they are restated over and over in the same place.

/DG/

It amazing what conclusions someone can come to when they are restated over and over in the same place.

I know right?! :D

I still feel uncreative, though. :cry: