User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I thought it was a pretty natural thing. People don't have to be creative. No reason to force things. Nothing to really aspire to. I've always been creative, it didn't really just appear.

I think it's a natural thing to want to create but as far as really creating something, that takes a medium to work within, skills and knowledge.
    Those kinds of things can depend on your family background, life experiences etc.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I know right?!

I still feel uncreative, though.
    Me too...
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

All they are doing in the descriptions is theorizing that if you come from a base of Fi and your primary way of interacting with the world is Se then it follows that you will tend to want to express your feeling nature through tactile means.

And they call that artistic or creative in the descriptions. But at the end of the day it is more about coming from a base of values, feelings, emotions and then the desire and need to express them in the physical world.

Some of the stuff, like ISFP have an above average feel for texture and aroma etc is stretching it a bit thin.

So you have a need to express your feelings, values, emotions in the physical world and you have the skills and knowledge you have accumulated to do it with.

Something like that anyway.

That's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I thought it was a pretty natural thing. People don't have to be creative. No reason to force things. Nothing to really aspire to. I've always been creative, it didn't really just appear.
    I think it's different for the ISFP archetype. Your primary way of interacting and expressing yourself with the world is through physical means. So the desire to do it is wrapped up in your identity as an individual.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Imo. Creativity has its foundation/roots from basic human need to for survival. Then it evolved to the desire to make life easier. Or maybe the two are combined under desire to survive. Nowadays people try to be creative synthetically. Even now, people are their most creative when a situation is dyer. It's when pressure meets adrenaline. yet, i still digress to a time consuming invention that takes many minds and alot of imagined information.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I love this thread. Creativity for me is more or less a state of being. I love colours and textiles, what it feels like in my hands and how I could match and combine together. The same with food. Just the smell of it can intensify my senses and bring out new ideas in other areas. Creativity for me is being in tune with my senses. On the other hand if I need to rearrange something that somebody else started I have a hard time. It seems my projects need to be mine from the get go where the idea started. In that area I am not creative at all.

MBTI
    TiSe

From almost every SP description, especially ISFP descriptions, I find something about being very creative. Well, I'm NOT creative. GAHHH!
    One thing that I would believe of any Fi dominant type, is a need for individuality in some way, the same as Ti dominant types need independence. So there is where your creativity shines, even if you personally consider it so subtle that no one would catch it, I am sure you match varied clothes to create your own style. I can't see ISFPs wanting to blend in. You may also do something different daily to keep people off balance as to who you are, so you creatively reinvent yourself. Again subtleties, yet creative nevertheless. Also, I can't see ISFPs doing the same thing over and over and over.... when resolving a problem. I would see them using a template, however changing it just enough to meet the needs of the current moment. You see this as for what it is, however it's new and creative the the onlooker. Then again it could be a sterotype like many others of varied types.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    One thing that I would believe of any Fi dominant type, is a need for individuality in some way, the same as Ti dominant types need independence. So there is where your creativity shines, even if you personally consider it so subtle that no one would catch it, I am sure you match varied clothes to create your own style. I can't see ISFPs wanting to blend in. You may also do something different daily to keep people off balance as to who you are, so you creatively reinvent yourself. Again subtleties, yet creative nevertheless. Also, I can't see ISFPs doing the same thing over and over and over.... when resolving a problem. I would see them using a template, however changing it just enough to meet the needs of the current moment. You see this as for what it is, however it's new and creative the the onlooker. Then again it could be a sterotype like many others of varied types.
    This is me. So... does that mean I'm dominant in Fi? >.>

MBTI
    ENFP

From almost every SP description, especially ISFP descriptions, I find something about being very creative. Well, I'm NOT creative. GAHHH!

Be sure not to confuse "creative" and "innovative." You mean that you do not "do" much? Cook? Draw? Write? Play? Anything you "do" other than contemplation or analysis changes the state of things, that is, a new reality is created, and therefore the activity is creative. I have of yet not met an SP who is not creative. But I've met many that I wouldn't call artists.