User Tag List

MBTI
    eNTP

Default winning over an ESFP

How would a girl keep one of these guys interested?? They're so effing fickle.

I may or may not have a particular ESFP in mind; I'm really just curious. Do any ESFPs know what, if anything, ties them down in a relationship?
    A colleague of the great scientist James Watson remarked that Watson was always “lounging around, arguing about problems instead of doing experiments.” He concluded that “There is more than one way of doing good science.”
    It was Watson’s form of idleness, the scientist went on to say, that allowed him to solve “the greatest of all biological problems: the discovery of the structure of DNA.” It's a point worth remembering in a society overly concerned with efficiency.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by paintmuffin View Post

I may or may not have a particular ESFP in mind; I'm really just curious. Do any ESFPs know what, if anything, ties them down in a relationship?
    Rope?

But, seriously, you've just hit on it right there, SPs don't tend to want to be "tied down" to anything.

BUT we do like for stuff that feels good to continue. So if you regularly do things that make him feel good, he is likely to want to continue to have you around.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Rollicking sex, great company and fine food and drink.
    That's how you'd keep me happy, I'm ESFP on a good day.

Stop looking at them as fickle would make a good start

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Please explain. After all, they are fickle, and I dare to say irresponsible - more often than not. ESFP's are fun for a short amount of time, then they push along and I don't really feel the urge to further entertain them or to hold them back.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Yea. Going into something with prejudices never helps.

Otherwise. Let them have their freedom to do what they please. (Unless it hurts you, of course.) Try to keep an open mind and be up for anything. Otherwise, remain true to yourself. Everyone has something different to offer. We want someone fun, but not a clone! Since you are ENTP (The original poster.) You probably would have less trouble going with the flow and being up for things. But then you could add some interesting conversations and different viewpoints and generalized "NT ness" to the relationship. (Which might intimidate some ESFP guys- you may seem too smart. But you don't want one of those kind anyway, right?) I get along well with most of the ENTP's I know, personally.

We can be fickle but for the most part like to keep the people around who we love.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Please explain. After all, they are fickle, and I dare to say irresponsible - more often than not. ESFP's are fun for a short amount of time, then they push along and I don't really feel the urge to further entertain them or to hold them back.
    No point in explaining since you'd rather not keep an ESFP around.
    -And the main topic of this thread is "How to win over an ESFP"!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I agree with Jeffster. Keep him entertained, having fun, feeling good. Do something fun where you two are both engaged.

IME, EPs in general can be very fickle.

And I disagree... The ESFP is fun & entertaining enough

The ESFP I know is highly attracted to smart guys (or would be girls in the OPs case)

The ENTP is witty/different and I would think looks highly attractive to ESFPs

After all this is about keeping one long term right? I mean if you just want a one night stand then sure, act like a clone.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

And I disagree... The ESFP is fun & entertaining enough

The ESFP I know is highly attracted to smart guys (or would be girls in the OPs case)

The ENTP is witty/different and I would think looks highly attractive to ESFPs

After all this is about keeping one long term right? I mean if you just want a one night stand then sure, act like a clone.
    This.

I've noticed that ENTPs and ESFPs tend to like each other. I've observed this IRL and on the net.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)