• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFP] winning over an ESFP

paintmuffin

MBTI Type
eNTP
How would a girl keep one of these guys interested?? They're so effing fickle.

I may or may not have a particular ESFP in mind; I'm really just curious. Do any ESFPs know what, if anything, ties them down in a relationship?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

I may or may not have a particular ESFP in mind; I'm really just curious. Do any ESFPs know what, if anything, ties them down in a relationship?

Rope? :devil:

But, seriously, you've just hit on it right there, SPs don't tend to want to be "tied down" to anything.

BUT we do like for stuff that feels good to continue. So if you regularly do things that make him feel good, he is likely to want to continue to have you around.

wolfy

awsm

Rollicking sex, great company and fine food and drink.
That's how you'd keep me happy, I'm ESFP on a good day.

Unique

Stop looking at them as fickle would make a good start

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Please explain. After all, they are fickle, and I dare to say irresponsible - more often than not. ESFP's are fun for a short amount of time, then they push along and I don't really feel the urge to further entertain them or to hold them back.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yea. Going into something with prejudices never helps.

Otherwise. Let them have their freedom to do what they please. (Unless it hurts you, of course.) Try to keep an open mind and be up for anything. Otherwise, remain true to yourself. Everyone has something different to offer. We want someone fun, but not a clone! Since you are ENTP (The original poster.) You probably would have less trouble going with the flow and being up for things. But then you could add some interesting conversations and different viewpoints and generalized "NT ness" to the relationship. (Which might intimidate some ESFP guys- you may seem too smart. But you don't want one of those kind anyway, right?) I get along well with most of the ENTP's I know, personally.

We can be fickle but for the most part like to keep the people around who we love.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Please explain. After all, they are fickle, and I dare to say irresponsible - more often than not. ESFP's are fun for a short amount of time, then they push along and I don't really feel the urge to further entertain them or to hold them back.

No point in explaining since you'd rather not keep an ESFP around.
-And the main topic of this thread is "How to win over an ESFP"!

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with Jeffster. Keep him entertained, having fun, feeling good. Do something fun where you two are both engaged.

IME, EPs in general can be very fickle.

Unique

And I disagree... The ESFP is fun & entertaining enough

The ESFP I know is highly attracted to smart guys (or would be girls in the OPs case)

The ENTP is witty/different and I would think looks highly attractive to ESFPs

After all this is about keeping one long term right? I mean if you just want a one night stand then sure, act like a clone.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And I disagree... The ESFP is fun & entertaining enough

The ESFP I know is highly attracted to smart guys (or would be girls in the OPs case)

The ENTP is witty/different and I would think looks highly attractive to ESFPs

After all this is about keeping one long term right? I mean if you just want a one night stand then sure, act like a clone.

This.

I've noticed that ENTPs and ESFPs tend to like each other. I've observed this IRL and on the net.