• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTP hobbies + interests

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol, your wife's INFJness is starting to rub off on you. You are starting to make less and less sense. :D

From you that is a compliment.

:D

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
SP's live in the moment, and are driven by pleasure. ESFP's are hedonistic, but only if they don't hurt people. ESTP's, however, make decisions on logic, meaning that they get what they want even if it hurts other people. Cataline was an ESTP. The sociopathy starts by underdevelopign your feelin and intuition so that you are ruled by logic and a self centered veiw. BY the look of things, develop your F and your N. I behave like a mature INTP. Hedonism is a philosiphy beleivingthat good is sensual pleasure. Sociopathy is a mental disorder similar to being antisocial where you are willing to do anything to other people for your own gain.
Two words, hedonistic altruism. YOU FAIL.

icebreaka

MBTI Type
ESTP
Pretty much all the hobbies I've been into over the years are ones that I can only do with other people! In order -

Counter strike PC game - Fun with friends
Breakdancing - Got bored of it because no one to do it with
Skateboarding - Same as above
Lazer tag - Heaps of fun, but not enough of my friends interested in it
Poker - Was great for a while
TV shows - The only thing I'm into that I do by myself
Rubik's cube - Only got into it cause all my friends were doing it, stopped doing it because I got faster than all of them and they stopped doing it so no more motivation
Nerf guns - Heaps of fun, but none of my friends got into it as much as I did
Board games - Current hobby!
Left 4 Dead PC game - A multiplayer co op first person shooter!

Unique

Pretty much all the hobbies I've been into over the years are ones that I can only do with other people! In order -

Counter strike PC game - Fun with friends
Breakdancing - Got bored of it because no one to do it with
Skateboarding - Same as above
Lazer tag - Heaps of fun, but not enough of my friends interested in it
Poker - Was great for a while
TV shows - The only thing I'm into that I do by myself
Rubik's cube - Only got into it cause all my friends were doing it, stopped doing it because I got faster than all of them and they stopped doing it so no more motivation
Nerf guns - Heaps of fun, but none of my friends got into it as much as I did
Board games - Current hobby!
Left 4 Dead PC game - A multiplayer co op first person shooter!

Haha there's a popular dance called the shuffle in Australia atm (more in the techno scene tho)

Though some people changed it a little bit called it the C walk and assigned it to rap music if thats more your thing

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What description are you reading?

Being hedonistic or sociopathic has nothing to do with personality type, it has to do with maturity and the person

But of course you would already know that if you yourself were mature

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Looks like now the only way we can settle this appropriately is with an ESTP-style dance-off.

IT'S ONNNNNNNNNN

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
He will probably enjoy that too much
I was thinking more along the lines of my home turf, Drift City. I would promptly school him with the worst vehicle in the game. ^^

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ Sure sure, until we do something that requires, you know, thought. At that point I pwn j00

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
^ Sure sure, until we do something that requires, you know, thought. At that point I pwn j00
An ENTP is suddenly mouthing off to someone with inferior thought. You just lost before you began.

Why don't you come to DC, I'll gladly school you. Challenge me anytime.

B

brainheart

I'm amazed there are even ESTPs on here. My husband is one and he thinks i'm nuts for even being interested in this Myers-Briggs stuff.

Him:

skateboarding (underline this and put it in bold and then have some monkeys dancing around it)

indie rock punk grunge- power chords and who cares about the words

any and all sports, as long as he's doing them

jumping up and down first thing in the morning

moving and moving and constantly moving

his big fear in life is getting old and no longer being able to move all of the time. If he sits still for longer than thirty seconds he starts to fall asleep.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Is it a coincidence.. that ESTP's like to do what i enjoy?, Games,Guns, Sports?.

Unique

I'm amazed there are even ESTPs on here. My husband is one and he thinks i'm nuts for even being interested in this Myers-Briggs stuff.

Him:

skateboarding (underline this and put it in bold and then have some monkeys dancing around it)

indie rock punk grunge- power chords and who cares about the words

any and all sports, as long as he's doing them

jumping up and down first thing in the morning

moving and moving and constantly moving

his big fear in life is getting old and no longer being able to move all of the time. If he sits still for longer than thirty seconds he starts to fall asleep.

That would be because not all ESTPs are sports inclined, ESTPs will always be involved in some kind of activity to keep them from being bored but its not always going to be physical

SPs fear boredom and I'm guessing this forum is just another outlet for that, or at least it is for me

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
c
My brother (ESTP):

Collecting guns (not any more)

Riding dirtbikes

Reading nonfiction (especially travel writing/autobiographies with a surgical element/technical books about guns)

Skydiving

Making dinner with the wife, or going out with her

Spending an evening with the wife and pets

Going away for the weekend to camp or stay in a really gorgeous, neat location

Working too much (when it's something he's into)

Gambling

Doing most of the above with friends

that's a pretty comprehensive list :huh:

-mountain climbing
-playing cards
-spending time with girlfriend, watching movies, hanging out with friends
-practicing at the rifle pistol and skeet range
-driving or most recently, riding motorbike on backtrails
-skydiving and scuba diving strike me with deep interest, although ive only been skydiving once i would like to get licensed in both
-personal projects, whatever they might be

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
My ex loved sports like nobody's business - playing, watching and gambling every second of the day. He also loved dancing and music in general. He also loved to cook. Taking day trips to anywhere, it never mattered where. Drag racing, also. Oh yeah, and motorcycles.

He was devoted and loyal and never wanted to do anything without me. In fact, it was me that broke up with him and he still checks in over the years to make sure I really meant it. I don't know where people got the idea that they are not committed folks.

B

brainheart

That would be because not all ESTPs are sports inclined, ESTPs will always be involved in some kind of activity to keep them from being bored but its not always going to be physical

SPs fear boredom and I'm guessing this forum is just another outlet for that, or at least it is for me

Makes sense. He is extremely afraid of doing nothing. It sends him into panic mode. Thanks for explaining.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Boredom is the enemy!

There is so much potential to be had, but nothing gets done, even fun, if there is boredom!