• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESTP] ESTP hobbies + interests

maliafee

My brother (ESTP):

Collecting guns (not any more)

Riding dirtbikes

Reading nonfiction (especially travel writing/autobiographies with a surgical element/technical books about guns)

Skydiving

Making dinner with the wife, or going out with her

Spending an evening with the wife and pets

Going away for the weekend to camp or stay in a really gorgeous, neat location

Working too much (when it's something he's into)

Gambling

Doing most of the above with friends

Jonathanthegreat

MBTI Type
ENFJ
My brother (ESTP):

Collecting guns (not any more)

Riding dirtbikes

Reading nonfiction (especially travel writing/autobiographies with a surgical element/technical books about guns)

Skydiving

Making dinner with the wife, or going out with her

Spending an evening with the wife and pets

Going away for the weekend to camp or stay in a really gorgeous, neat location

Working too much (when it's something he's into)

Gambling

Doing most of the above with friends

what's his wife's type?

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
ESTP interests: orgies, making fools of themselves, making fun of INTP's, getting powned by INTP's, and who could forget, posting half the crappy stuff on youtube.

Unique

LAN nights
Drinking nights
Dance nights
Club nights
House party nights
Movie nights
Stay at home and watch TV series nights
Go to a concert
Go to a festival

Basically for me anything stimulating/interesting

As for ESTPs making youtube videos? Not really, unless they are the "sporting" kind of ESTP showing off their... idk... skateboard skills

Other than that you end up with Ns taking to themselves in videos
YouTube - ENTP

sculpting

The estps I know love to party and have fun. They are actually lots of fun to hang out with and drink and dance with.

However for hobbies they seem to really like outdoor stuff or high action stuff-hiking, biking, sports of all types.

Once in a committed relationship they seem to really want to do stuff with thier spouses as well. Just what I have seen though.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Wait, ESTP's can commit? I thought that they were the most hedonistic and basically (FROM LOOKING AT THE DESCRIPTION) sociopathic of all types.

Unique

What description are you reading?

Being hedonistic or sociopathic has nothing to do with personality type, it has to do with maturity and the person

But of course you would already know that if you yourself were mature

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
From the ESTP's I know, the interests include:

- Guns
- Video Games
- Having a good time with other people
- Drinking games
- Etc.

ESTP interests: orgies, making fools of themselves, making fun of INTP's, getting powned by INTP's, and who could forget, posting half the crappy stuff on youtube.

:laugh:

INTP response.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
From the ESTP's I know, the interests include:

- Guns
- Video Games
- Having a good time with other people
- Drinking games
- Etc.

:laugh:

An isolated Incident of a festering INTP.
Fixed in bold, because not all INTPs are bad, just a few rotten apples.

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
- having fun
- dancing
- drinking (not too much though, just above the limit of headaches the next morning. As much as I like drinking, I hate overdoing it)
- music
- movies
- playing sims or nfs or counter strike all day (yeah, I know, weird selection)
- GOING OUT
...and some other stuff which I don't want to write on a forum.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Wait, ESTP's can commit? I thought that they were the most hedonistic and basically (FROM LOOKING AT THE DESCRIPTION) sociopathic of all types.
Taken from ESTPs who have actually confirmed their types:
Family is very important. Just getting together and being close with the family, I think that’s satisfying. I don’t have a whole lot of really deep friendships, but yet I like to think people would describe me as dedicated, determined, and loyal. I sometimes have difficulty concealing what I am thinking or feeling. I don’t like the pressure of having to say no. I can be somewhat cool but a genuine friend as a personal relationship evolves. Trustworthiness in personal relationships is very important, that we can disagree and still be friends, and if our backs were ever to the wall, I’m there and I would expect the same.
Any type can be uncommitted, however there is no evidence that ESTPs cannot make a commitment if they choose:
Commitment is not a strong point for the ESTP. Living almost entirely in the present moment, they're not comfortable with making plans far in advance for their future. If this tendency is not addressed in the ESTP, they may fall into a pattern of jumping from relationship to relationship without ever making a real commitment. If this is okay with the ESTP, then that behavior is fine. Most people at some point in their lives do wish to settle down. If the ESTP reaches that point, there's no reason they can't make a commitment as long as they consciously renew it to themselves daily.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
What description are you reading?

Being hedonistic or sociopathic has nothing to do with personality type, it has to do with maturity and the person

But of course you would already know that if you yourself were mature

SP's live in the moment, and are driven by pleasure. ESFP's are hedonistic, but only if they don't hurt people. ESTP's, however, make decisions on logic, meaning that they get what they want even if it hurts other people. Cataline was an ESTP. The sociopathy starts by underdevelopign your feelin and intuition so that you are ruled by logic and a self centered veiw. BY the look of things, develop your F and your N. I behave like a mature INTP. Hedonism is a philosiphy beleivingthat good is sensual pleasure. Sociopathy is a mental disorder similar to being antisocial where you are willing to do anything to other people for your own gain.

Unique

Yes because if I was an N then I wouldn't try and get things out of people or hurt them

[/sarcasm]

You're the most closed minded INTP I've ever encountered, you couldn't be more wrong and worse you have no proof that ESTPs/ESFPs are like that other than: oh i know this estp guy his a dick yeah

Sociopathy doesn't come from preferring S over N or T over F

Also its ironic because if I was an F my feelings would be hurt by your ridiculous claims

me_plus_one

MBTI Type
ESTP
Hm, so what you are saying is that some types are more prone to certain mental illnesses than others?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hm, so what you are saying is that some types are more prone to certain mental illnesses than others?

Yes, such as ignorant INTPs who use AK-47's in their avatars...

:whistling:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is a toughie, who the heck could he be talking about? A true mystery.

:rolleyes:

Oh my...I'm speaking in riddles again. Damn it I must stop that, it's just not fair to everyone involved. :blink:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh my...I'm speaking in riddles again. Damn it I must stop that, it's just not fair to everyone involved. :blink:

Lol, your wife's INFJness is starting to rub off on you. You are starting to make less and less sense. :D