User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Post Calling all SPs... opinions on INTJs

Hi, I have a question for all the SPs out there particularly ESFPs..

What are your feelings/opinions on INTJs? I am curious to know since SPs, particularly ESFPs are totally different from us.

ESFPs represent a pretty good number of the population, and INTJs on the other hand are one of the rarest personalities out there..

So if you could fill in your rants, likes, complaints, whatever I would very much appreciate them..

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

My brother is INTJ, I am ESTP.

He's very cool. A quiet fellow to most, but will open up in the right company. Brilliant, reserved, brutal when necessary, but hands down has been very good to me my whole life, so I understand him and love him for who he is.

I know I've made him laugh over the years, and I know I've annoyed the hell out of him too at times, but we are very close even though we are 10 years apart.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I don't know many of them.
    The couple that i've known and typed for sure I haven't been able to connect with. They seem boring and lifeless to me. Criticizing and lacking interest in everything fun.
    Yet once they relax a bit, its pretty satisfying for an ESFP. Like we've done our job and made someone loosen up a little!

Wish I knew more for a better and more well-rounded opinion!

They are the type that i've known the fewest of.

LOVE INTJs. My big brother is one. He inspires me to think about things beyond what I normally might. He's the only one who can get me to begin to discuss philosophy or anything like that. But we actually mainly talk about our lives and cooking and stuff (sometimes the conversation consists of each of us reporting on what we've recently cooked, how great it turned out, and how we did it, haha). I feel very protective of him and his heart; if anyone criticizes him for his cerebral-ness or a perceived arrogance I like to set them in their place and stand up for my brother.

I don't know if SPs who weren't raised with INTJs would really understand them. But I feel like I really understand them due to my brother. I have very positive feelings towards NTs in general.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I know we can look boring because we tend to be too focused on what we want to happen that we just eliminate all forms of distraction..

But it's good to hear positive opinions about us. I was actually expecting sarcasm, and how others hate our types.. haha

Thanks for the input. It's always good to learn more about yourself through others.

MBTI
    IsTP

One of my closest friends is an INTJ. We argue (playfully) all the time about everything.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    LOVE INTJs. My big brother is one. He inspires me to think about things beyond what I normally might. He's the only one who can get me to begin to discuss philosophy or anything like that.
    I'm glad you articulated this; it flew right over my head, my big bro is actually very philosophical too, and it's very cool, I've learned ALOT from him.

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I don't know if SPs who weren't raised with INTJs would really understand them. But I feel like I really understand them due to my brother. I have very positive feelings towards NTs in general.
    Ditto. Lack of first hand exposure to such a deep, complicated type would most likely make it inherently difficult to connect with them, assuming you are an SP, like me.

I can't help but think it strange that my brother is INTJ, and my wife is INFJ.

My Father is ESTJ, and I am ESTP.

Both pairs are all 1 characteristic apart, kind of odd for me to realize!

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I have one good friend who is an INTJ. She is very logical in her thoughts and words and is a very supportive person, too. She helps me to see a more logical perspective at times when I really need it. There are times when I don't understand how she sees the world and I am sure that she doesn't always understand how I see the world. Nevertheless, she is always a good friend to me.
    Hope that helps.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I sort of like working with them. It's great as long as no one tries to be in charge. Haven't really gotten particularly close to any. They take stuff too personally.

I'll argue with them about everything (heh, like Kendoiwan). Which is usually fun, but sometimes the competitiveness gets a little out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I'm glad you articulated this; it flew right over my head, my big bro is actually very philosophical too, and it's very cool, I've learned ALOT from him.
    Hehe, well, it was hard for me not to notice this quality since my INTJ brother is a philosophy major! ;=)

When I got a C (yet the highest grade in my philosophy class, go figure) my INTJ brother couldn't believe that was possible and told me I should go to the dean about it. *giggle* I love that he thinks I'm so smart... super flattering coming from a genius.

Ditto. Lack of first hand exposure to such a deep, complicated type would most likely make it inherently difficult to connect with them, assuming you are an SP, like me.

I can't help but think it strange that my brother is INTJ, and my wife is INFJ.

My Father is ESTJ, and I am ESTP.

Both pairs are all 1 characteristic apart, kind of odd for me to realize!
    That IS weird! Interesting!