User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    I still don't know what a "rally" is. Apparently something to do with cars.
    Yeah. I didn't really know what it was, I just looked around for layouts, saw that one, and thought it might appeal to SPs.

From what I could tell, it was for some kind of event where people got their cars together and talked about them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post

spice it up a bit, all I'm saying
    How's this?

Blowing up random stuff

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    Well, that's interesting. It reveals random facts about the structure of various things in an entertaining way.

But I don't see how we could incorporate that into the website design in a satisfying way... unless you somehow make the computer show an animation of the page you're on blowing up or shattering whenever you click on a link. That would make the site somewhat computationally expensive to display and maintain, though. Not to mention require Flash or something.

That would be funny if they did it, though. It reminds me of what they do on some kids websites to maintain their attention.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

This layout isn't bad. It's neutral colored. If we have less SPs it may be due to the subject matter, not the look of the forum.

As an aside, I kind of* don't like Myspace's layout. It's disorganized. Facebook is pushing it by changing the layout every five minutes.

*really

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I would have thought that profile pages would have tempted a few more in, because it's a sort of myspacey/facebooky option.

However all the SP friends I have invited here have lurked and left after seeing the language nazi's complaining about bad spelling, since all of them are very bad at spelling. Which is a shame because I think once they got past that they would really enjoy this community and learn so much. I know I certainly do.
    SP's bad at spelling? This is not necessarily true. I know lots of SP's really good at spelling, and some NT's who are awful at it, and an SJ who couldn't spell to save his life.

I think the bigger turnoff is not wanting to be boxed in by "type" so the interest is limited. But once an SP learns a lot more about personality type, they tend to get VERY interested in every detail of their type and the types of those they know and have a lot to share/say. It's a matter of getting SP's into the subject, not the forum.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Most of the SPs I know are just such busy people that they don't have time to shoot the breeze online, especially since they enjoy the face to face so much more. My ESFP bff Shorty is that way - she'll keep tabs on her accounts (she has a huge family network), but ultimately nothing beats personal contact.

I'm an eNFJ and even I find relentlessly pure-theory discussion to be desiccating. I find the social dynamic just as important as the mental calisthenics. For instance, Halla's beach vacation -- it would be totally hilarious to party on the beach with his friends and act like a crazy person, and then settle in for a chill evening with conversation and reflection on the day (no booze for me! lol).

I can see why a forum environment would be dry for people so wonderfully able to access the juicy pith of the Now.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Most of the SPs I know are just such busy people that they don't have time to shoot the breeze online, especially since they enjoy the face to face so much more.
    That's true, I'm mostly only on here when I should be working...
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Most of the SPs I know are just such busy people that they don't have time to shoot the breeze online, especially since they enjoy the face to face so much more. My ESFP bff Shorty is that way - she'll keep tabs on her accounts (she has a huge family network), but ultimately nothing beats personal contact.
    True! But some of us are locked to PCs for extended periods and thus find a great outlet here.

I'm an eNFJ and even I find relentlessly pure-theory discussion to be desiccating. I find the social dynamic just as important as the mental calisthenics. For instance, Halla's beach vacation -- it would be totally hilarious to party on the beach with his friends and act like a crazy person, and then settle in for a chill evening with conversation and reflection on the day (no booze for me! lol).
    Life certainly cannot be run on theoretical discussion alone, nothing would ever get done! Socialization is great, beach or no beach, alcohol or none, I'm a nutcase any which way I am, wherever I am, and I love people. I'm learning to chill (aka "sit still") as I get older, and that is making reflection possible. Seriously, I look at pictures from 2 days ago and am like "What?! I did that? When? Jeez!"

I can see why a forum environment would be dry for people so wonderfully able to access the juicy pith of the Now.
    Not true, it's our job to start the party, it's your job to tell us what it means.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Aw, you cavalier you!!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic