• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Optimism

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
as a note- 4 f*cking months of searching for a job with no payoff can wear on one's optimism :(

KDude

yeah, unemployment can be a downer. especially nowadays/for many people. and good luck btw.

i tend to just ride it out off and on, because i know too much job hunting can really get under my skin... so i take breaks from it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah- situational pessimism is understandable... I try to distract myself so that I can get back to my normal optimistic self! :holy:

KDude

oops.. i edited that (more or less the same point though).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:hug: I just threw a minor tantrum earlier mostly because of the horrors of a job search, even though the poor ISTJ is quite patient about supporting me during my (seemingly) endless search... I'm kind of ashamed of that :blush:

seriously though- I occasionally have to take a day off and enjoy the sunshine and flowers and such... I'd rather not snap and become homocidal :shock:

KDude

i guess my "optimism" is coming out in the realization that i need to go back to school :laugh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd be totally happy to go back to school... I love school! :holy:

KDude

i love learning, but school... not so much. well, maybe in the past not so much. perhaps i'd be cool with it now.

i hardly have any credits, so i need to just get basics out of the way before i even think about it too much though.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you can easily get the basics covered for pretty cheap at a community college- I've been helping out a friend with that recently since she decided to go back to school and get a nursing degree so that she could get a better job! :)

she actually enjoys school this time around! :yes:

KDude

yeah, i live by a newly built community college too, so it'll be pretty convenient.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
you could even get back to riding a bicycle there! :holy:

KDude

Yep. Not far at all actually.. could just jog too :cool:

we are so derailing this thread btw :laugh:

anyways, i'd like to study something practical. as much as i'd love to just get a history degree or something, i'd rather push myself into something more science or tech oriented (but not health). even if it's low level.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
as long as it makes you more optimistic! :cheese:

(bwa ha ha... my attempts at pretending I'm saying something that's relevant to the thread! :rofl1:)

I'd love to go back and study something more practical than a triple liberal arts degree, to be honest... the jobs are with degrees like that! :yes:

KDude

that's what i'm afraid of.. although the one thing i wouldn't mind doing with a liberal arts degree is getting a masters in library science afterwards, and sitting around for the rest of my life reading, and charging late fees. sounds cool :cool:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've definitley considered that... I'd LOVE to be surrounded by books... and quiet :wubbie:

KDude

MLIS is one of the shorter grad programs, I think. Maybe look into it :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually applied for a job at the library here because they don't require a degree in it, but they hired someone with a degree in it :dry:

somehow I feel like the world's worst ESTP for wishing to be somewhere quieter :doh:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm pretty optimistic, I always feel like luck is on my side, and if something goes wrong, I see it as a challenge to overcome it.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
endless optimism

Someone who was writing an article about people who blogged while in prison described my blog as "endlessly optimistic.":headphne::cheese: