Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I am the poster child of optimism!

Life is Good.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I am the poster child of optimism!

Life is Good.
    "feelin' good's good enough!"

i am a die-hard optimist too.
    i love to laugh and i love to be happy!
    optimism is invigorating, and i like feeling invigorated.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm not an optimist... I often feel bitterness, seriousness, caution, betrayal, dejectedness. Optimism is a choice, a fight.. Not a natural ability.
    Not to get too far off the general optimism topic but I wanted to address your posts.

You aren't the only one who has had traumatic experiences in life. I say that sympathetically. It takes effort get through those kinds of things. It doesn't happen automatically and it isn't a natural ability.

It entails a conscious decision - one that is made often - to not let those negative aspects of life control you. I don't know anyone who has overcome adversity in life by being passive about it. Resilience is optimism that has been exercised. I find it to be a much greater trait to have in my arsenal.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Also. A bad day can be fixed by blasting this on your stereo. Love it. How can you not feel like the world is in your hands when you hear this?
    [YOUTUBE="CJA69C6SlRk"]Feelin' Good[/YOUTUBE]
    ~luck favors the ready~

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Also. A bad day can be fixed by blasting this on your stereo. Love it. How can you not feel like the world is in your hands when you hear this?
    [YOUTUBE="CJA69C6SlRk"]Feelin' Good[/YOUTUBE]
    that is funny, i posted that exact same song and video somewhere here not so long ago!
    it is a super great song, definitely!
    nina simone blows my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    Not to get too far off the general optimism topic but I wanted to address your posts.

You aren't the only one who has had traumatic experiences in life. I say that sympathetically. It takes effort get through those kinds of things. It doesn't happen automatically and it isn't a natural ability.

It entails a conscious decision - one that is made often - to not let those negative aspects of life control you. I don't know anyone who has overcome adversity in life by being passive about it. Resilience is optimism that has been exercised. I find it to be a much greater trait to have in my arsenal.

... i'll be SP for awhile again so i can post in this thread..

thanks.. and i appreciate the insight. i actually have tried to be optimistic about that one instance (in the sense that I reached out my hand for years afterwards). I still would reach out, but I realized the burden isn't on me any longer. still feel negative about it.. but it could be worse. same goes for other negative experiences. i do work on it. not to pat myself on the back, but none of my friends would call me too cynical or less-than-easy going really. i don't instantly warm up, but i don't look like an emo kid or anything. ;D and in most typical setbacks/conflicts, even if i do get pissed and find there's another reason to be cautious about life, come hell or high water, i'll find a way to chill out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    No, I'm never that f word you said. I could ask you if you're intentionally being obtuse. I feel sorry for anyone who is lead by "Fi." I don't let hypothetical notions lead me. Well, okay maybe sometimes, but not usually. Point is, I think your focus is wrong. Screw "Fi" and "Se." That stuff can be useful as a supplement to understanding people, but using it as the basis is a lousy idea:
    Yo, i'm just at a type theory site, and i'm speaking typical lingo here. if i knew you were that against discussing "Fi dominant" and didn't want to use these terms much, i wouldn't have brought it up. i mean, i'm the type theory newb here. if i really wanted, i'd just talk like you too, but "when in rome" etc.. anyways, it's difficult to understand where you're coming from exactly - on SPs/Type theory, i mean... but it's of interest to me to find some common ground.

as for where you come from as an individual specifically, hey, it's great you're optimistic. i wish i could be at all times, but i'm not. i'm probably not as bad as making it sound either... but i think i had to be honest with myself, and be a voice of dissent, regardless of whether sp's are optimistic or not (and btw dude, i can't believe you thought i was a TJ. i'd be the shittiest TJ in the history of ever. i'm not even sure i'm proud of that either.. could use more duty and organization in my life.).

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

... i'll be SP for awhile again so i can post in this thread..

thanks.. and i appreciate the insight. i actually have tried to be optimistic about that one instance (in the sense that I reached out my hand for years afterwards). I still would reach out, but I realized the burden isn't on me any longer. still feel negative about it.. but it could be worse. same goes for other negative experiences. i do work on it. not to pat myself on the back, but none of my friends would call me too cynical or less-than-easy going really. i don't instantly warm up, but i don't look like an emo kid or anything. ;D and in most typical setbacks/conflicts, even if i do get pissed and find there's another reason to be cautious about life, come hell or high water, i'll find a way to chill out.

Using optimism as a fix for traumatic experiences is like using a screwdriver as a chisel. It works but the screwdriver eventually will break under the pressure and when it does you won't know what do to next because it wasn't the right tool for the job. Don't think optimism is a fix it all for those types of experiences. It helps to have it handy. It can only help you but it takes something stronger to fix those things. I just wanted to make that distinction. It sounds like you're on the right track. Don't forget to pat yourself on the back occasionally.
    ~luck favors the ready~

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yanyways, it's difficult to understand where you're coming from exactly - on SPs/Type theory, i mean... but it's of interest to me to find some common ground.
    What exactly is difficult to understand? Maybe I can clear it up.

as for where you come from as an individual specifically, hey, it's great you're optimistic. i wish i could be at all times, but i'm not. i'm probably not as bad as making it sound either... but i think i had to be honest with myself, and be a voice of dissent, regardless of whether sp's are optimistic or not (and btw dude, i can't believe you thought i was a TJ. i'd be the shittiest TJ in the history of ever. i'm not even sure i'm proud of that either.. could use more duty and organization in my life.).
    I never said I thought you were a TJ. I said that "falling in line" sounded like one. "Falling in line" with a type isn't necessary. You don't earn any merit badges for matching the most lines of a type description (or receive any demerits for the least.)

You know yourself a lot better than I do. If someone asks for my help trying to figure out which type is "best fit" for him/her, I try to help, but I don't pretend I know other people better than they know themselves.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

whew! i stand corrected. glad you didn't think i was a TJ ;D i'd make a terrible one.

anyways.. i actually i probably don't need to ask many questions atm. i understand that both you and stellar would recommend keirsey's books, right? so i might brush up on that first.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I think that a great number of IxFPs are rather emo
    Lol, I was "emo" from 15-16, then I got over it. It wasn't a good look for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.