User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I know a few you will most definatly like. (Their quite new age classical though. :P )

With Gun & Crucifix

Entering the Stronghold

That's my classical kinda music.

As for music in general. Techno is too sterile to my liking. I'm all for inspirational trance music though. And I'll shoot anyone who dares to say trance and techno is the same.
    Trance is for people who can't dance.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Harsh dude. And that from a Techno person lol.

Anyhow that's all subjective. This is a good objective view on techno and trance, showing the qualities of both. :P

YouTube - Trance is NOT Techno!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Techno OWNS
    Techno, Trance, House, and Breakbeats all kick ass!

I don't care what its labeled as, if it has a beat and the right groove, I'm all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    Poor grammar (and bad spelling) bothers me, too.... a lot. I'm a very good editor and enjoy doing that. However, since I've been writing my incredibly artistically talented ISTP friend, who misspells a lot (he could use spell-checker but just doesn't care), I've learned to take it all in stride and even relax about it! Trust me, if you ever get to know any great ISTP's, you'll throw your grammar and colloquialism concerns out the window in a N.Y. minute.
    I find it interesting that people are bothered by bad grammar. Don't they realize that the language they speak now is riddled with older "grammar mistakes" that got normalized? Language is constantly evolving and without "bad" grammar, different dialects, colloquialisms/slang, borrowings, etc., language would be dead and stagnant. BORING.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Techno, Trance, House, and Breakbeats all kick ass!

I don't care what its labeled as, if it has a beat and the right groove, I'm all over it.
    Not when it sounds like some douche with DJ equipment trying to reproduce classical music

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Not when it sounds like some douche with DJ equipment trying to reproduce classical music
    Argh, one of my biggest pet peeves is 'remixed' classical music.

Bloody hell.

I heard a rock version of 'stride la vampa' the other day and was pretty much at it. I'll take rock on its own terms, thanks, leave classical music out of it and vice versa.

That said, a few other classical pieces that are great for working out (though woefully over-performed) are Mozart's Dies Irae, Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries and Orf's O Fortuna.

Lighter 'work out arias' are Mozart's Martern Aller Arten ('tortures of every kind'. A little apt perhaps when on the treadmill for an hour), Verdi's Stride la Vampa, Bellini's Son Vergin Vessoza (so light and happy you'll forget the pain but enough of a rhythm to keep you going), Vivaldi's Agitata Da Due Venti and Schubert's Der Erlkonig.

All are on Youtube.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I agree and disagree.
    I love dialects. I really like to hear how people from different cultures use language. That to me is quite fascinating.
    But what I really dislike is the use of bureaucratic language as every day speech. Bureaucratese sounds discordant to my ears. For me, this sort of change detracts from the language. It makes the language sound less beautiful.
    Not all change is improvement.
    But change is good and change keeps our language alive.

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I find it interesting that people are bothered by bad grammar. Don't they realize that the language they speak now is riddled with older "grammar mistakes" that got normalized? Language is constantly evolving and without "bad" grammar, different dialects, colloquialisms/slang, borrowings, etc., language would be dead and stagnant. BORING.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

If I heard "oops" from the following people, I would be very concerned and probably quite upset:
    dentist
    surgeon
    airline pilot
    bus driver
    the mover who is transporting valuables...

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Bah. I 'Oops' all the time... In fact, the more 'Oops' moments in a day, the more fun it is
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Music would all be classical.
    What makes you think we'd even have classical music? It's likely that many classical composers were in fact SPs. (For example, I've seen Mozart typed as an ISFP.) Classical music may seem boring to us today but imagine if you were living in the 14th century. Now that's BORING!

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Very true. I mean, who still speaks like this...

Unto this angel spak the frere tho:
    Now, sire, quod he, han freres swich a grace
    That noon of hem shal come to this place?
    Yis, quod this aungel, many a millioun!
    And unto sathanas he ladde hym doun.
    --And now hath sathanas,--seith he,--a tayl
    Brodder than of a carryk is the sayl.
    Hold up thy tayl, thou sathanas!--quod he;
    --shewe forth thyn ers, and lat the frere se
    Where is the nest of freres in this place!--

However, language takes a long time to evolve. And knowing how to properly manipulate grammar is an important skill to develop for more efficient communication. If meaning is lost than language looses it's purpose.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    What makes you think we'd even have classical music? It's likely that many classical composers were in fact SPs. (For example, I've seen Mozart typed as an ISFP.) Classical music may seem boring to us today but imagine if you were living in the 14th century. Now that's BORING!
    Some of you sure like to nitpick throwaway comments in hypothetical threads.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel