User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I'd love to hear some of that right now.
    I would rather be playing right now, but alas, I have work to do (hence the procrastination on MBTIc). I also broke a string two nights ago and haven't fixed it yet.

Maybe I'll put my last.fm radio on Sublime.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

I loved the salamander story too, Bamboo. :P I can relate to that too... I'd pull over to save a turtle on the road.

As for my skills?
    - I'm great with mathematical proofs and problems (I'm a statistician )
    - I'm a cat-whisperer. And generally get along with most animals. Hahah
    - I'm a professional zoo/aquarium goer.
    - I can take just about anything in stride and handle most stresses pretty well
    - I can learn most computer programs/ computer programming languages fairly quickly. A good chunk of my resume is a list of computer programs I know (although I've never spent a vast amount of time with any of them.. I just have a general feel for all of them)
    - I'm an awesome Googler. Need to put together a potato gun? I'm on it.
    - I'm great at spending hours and hours online and getting nothing done.
    - I'm awesome at video games.
    - Yeah, if I'm faced with a situation that requires tools, I'm pretty resourceful.
    - I love making costumes out of odds and end garments. And I'm pretty damn creative about it.
    - I love to draw and play with Photoshop... all though I'm not sure how great I am at it. :P Decent?
    - Being lazy. And thus the reason those are all the skills I'm going to list for the moment...

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey_Peltast View Post
    Damn it.. you bunch of silk-minded animal activists.. stop corrupting my ISTP stereotype.

Don't encourage them to corruption. Soon enough they will be hanging around PETA rallies and bringing on about argument's against animal consumation.
    Ughmm...If you're squemish/animal lover, just skip the following. Seriously.

If it helps, I kill stuff too. I whacked a copperhead snake with a shovel because it was next to my house and I didn't want it to kill my (foolish, curious) dog.

I removed it's head and smashed it's jaw to prevent it from biting (and thus poisoning) due to reflexes and tossed it's head far away.

I skinned it and stuck the skin in the freezer. Never got around to doing anything with it.

Oh, and when I pulled out the guts out of it's headless body (fun!), I noticed it was pregnant. So I stomped on it's eggs.

Luke-warm blooded snake murder. It's a skill too.

----------------------------

Thanks MP! Perhaps I won't have the problem of not know how to react to these compliments any more.

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC939 View Post
    I loved the salamander story too, Bamboo. :P I can relate to that too... I'd pull over to save a turtle on the road.
    Yeah, I would too. Really, even with the above in mind.

- I'm an awesome Googler. Need to put together a potato gun? I'm on it.
    I was a damn 'tater-gun' technician back in the day. I remember watching my friends spray the main chamber with a solid 20 second mega burst of hair spray. They tried ignition and nothing happened (duh). They tried 30 seconds, then 40 seconds of hair spray.

I explained to them that the main chamber was much like a cylinder in a motor (thanks google!) and that by adding that much fuel without enough air, they were "flooding the engine." What was needed was a more appropriate (that is, lower) fuel-air ratio.

They cocked their heads at me rather confused so I just grabbed the thing, gave it a 2.5 second burst (at which they scoffed), sealed it up and hit the ignition. It let out a bang similar to a mid powered rifle - and it scared the crap out of them - more so because they never thought it would work.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Ughmm...If you're squemish/animal lover, just skip the following. Seriously.

If it helps, I kill stuff too. I whacked a copperhead snake with a shovel because it was next to my house and I didn't want it to kill my (foolish, curious) dog.

I removed it's head and smashed it's jaw to prevent it from biting (and thus poisoning) due to reflexes and tossed it's head far away.

I skinned it and stuck the skin in the freezer. Never got around to doing anything with it.

Oh, and when I pulled out the guts out of it's headless body (fun!), I noticed it was pregnant. So I stomped on it's eggs.

Luke-warm blooded snake murder. It's a skill too.

----------------------------

Thanks MP! Perhaps I won't have the problem of not know how to react to these compliments any more.
    While your description of mercilessly destroying that snake sounds very cold-hearted, I'm guessing that you did that out of a feeling of love and protectiveness for your dog, so upon further reflection, it's not so cold-hearted after all.

As for how to react to compliments... saying,"Thank You" does the job just fine.

Ahhh...brings back memories of my fellow ISTP friend and I around middle school age shooting potato guns in his back yard in the middle of the suburbs.

It sounded like a shotgun going off and we would do it for hours on a weekend afternoon. We'd experiment with various combustibles and fuel:air mixtures trying to find out which chemical produced the loudest explosion, which fuel gave the most power, chamber and barrel dimensions, flint and electric ignition, while using whatever would fit in the barrel as ammunition.

I'm actually quite surprised the police never came to see what was going on.

MBTI
    TiSe

In the end, I am not sure that MBTI, Keirsey or any type system can measure skills. I am inclined to agree with Team Technology that determining your career path, your stress level, your skills and other indicators are not type related.

I can massage like a pro. Years of kneading dough.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    While your description of mercilessly destroying that snake sounds very cold-hearted, I'm guessing that you did that out of a feeling of love and protectiveness for your dog, so upon further reflection, it's not so cold-hearted after all.

As for how to react to compliments... saying,"Thank You" does the job just fine.
    Did you know you're quite stubborn?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Ahhh...brings back memories of my fellow ISTP friend and I around middle school age shooting potato guns in his back yard in the middle of the suburbs.

It sounded like a shotgun going off and we would do it for hours on a weekend afternoon. We'd experiment with various combustibles and fuel:air mixtures trying to find out which chemical produced the loudest explosion, which fuel gave the most power, chamber and barrel dimensions, flint and electric ignition, while using whatever would fit in the barrel as ammunition.

I'm actually quite surprised the police never came to see what was going on.
    Flint? Mechanical ignition seems tough to pull off. Cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    In the end, I am not sure that MBTI, Keirsey or any type system can measure skills. I am inclined to agree with Team Technology that determining your career path, your stress level, your skills and other indicators are not type related.
    OK. Agreed. Perhaps I should have opened the question to all types and stuck it in the Bonfire...

At the time I posted I was inspired by a discussion in "Are ISTP women technical?".
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm fluent in Japanese.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Did you know you're quite stubborn?

Thank you.

No, I didn't know that I'm stubborn. It feels more like a kind of intensity to me, and only gets directed at people I think are interesting or care about. The rest of the time, I'm in INFJ marshmellow mode.

I hope it's not annoying, because if it is, my ISTP friend that I e-mail about art stuff might be experiencing the same thing. Oh, dear.....