• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP V.I. - Post your pictures please!

maliafee

Hi ISFPs.

Please post 1-3 photos of yourself (I'm most interested in the face for still photos) with natural expressions. By "natural", I'm hoping first for expressions that are genuine and not forced, and then another possibility is an atypical face/pose that, even if it seems weird, is an expression you make ALL THE TIME (according to observers). If you want to post a "straight face" that's actually the best IF you can do it without tensing. Real natural please. :D

Then I'll compare them and point out why they are "ISFP". I welcome others' comments on this, too.

This was suggested by Quinlan. :hi:

COMMENTS:
Starting with the EYES... Notice how most ISFPs have about 1/2-1/3 less space between the eyes than we're "supposed to,"* they're usually fairly almond-shaped (and though I've seen exceptions, they're usually not THE BIGGEST eyes you've ever seen), and most noticeably to me, one eye is always obviously higher than the other. The only time the eyes look "level" is when we cock our heads to the side (we often do this). Other types will cock their heads to the side and make their eyes UNlevel, but when we do it, the eyes actually become level (or if we tilt our heads the OTHER way, our eyes are at an almost comic slant).

Next, the MOUTH/SMILE... I haven't proven this to be ISFP-ONLY or anything, but I do notice that half-smile thing (as Quin pointed out), and the weird thing is that the side of the face that smiles the most (tightest muscles clenching) usually corresponds to the LOWER eye on the face, as though we favor that side.

More later as soon as I get a second to write. I want to comment on the nose and jaw, too... maybe even the eyebrows...

*The average space between two eyes is the length of an eye.

wolfy

awsm
100_2661Small.jpg

100_2519Small.jpg

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't really think faces can be types, but knock yourself out. ;)

552539389_l.jpg

Photo%2018.jpg

meetup-1.jpg

For bonus, you can talk about the other faces in that last photo besides mine. :newwink:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I already spotted something! :D

Check out the closed mouth, half smile.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
It seems I have way too many pictures of me wearing my sunglasses, but I found two with eyes.

maliafee

Nice photos, everybody. Isn't there anyone else who wants to post?

Well, I have to go clean (friend visiting tomorrow)... but I can comment on things more tonight if possible.

I added comments to the OP. :D

D

Dali

Literally no picture in which I'm not making a face. Only one or two but I can't find them anywhere.

My 'straightest' face.

March '09 (22.9 yrs)

n533550527_1963612_3721088.jpg

April '87 (1yr) My 'natural expression' for the first 7-8 yrs of my life. I was hopelessly lost in my little Fi world back then.

n533550527_2094311_1180694.jpg

EDIT: Fixed

maliafee

Literally no picture in which I'm not making a face. Only one or two but I can't find them anywhere.

My 'straightest' face.

March '09 (22.9 yrs)

n533550527_1963612_3721088.jpg

April '87 (1yr) My 'natural expression' for the first 7-8 yrs of my life.

n533550527_2094311_1180694.jpg

EDIT: Fixed

You have that half smile going on, too, Mo. :D Eyes are harder to see under glasses, but still consistent with my theory.

Keep posting ISFPs!

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
COMMENTS:
Starting with the EYES... Notice how most ISFPs have about 1/2-1/3 less space between the eyes than we're "supposed to,"* they're usually fairly almond-shaped (and though I've seen exceptions, they're usually not THE BIGGEST eyes you've ever seen), and most noticeably to me, one eye is always obviously higher than the other. The only time the eyes look "level" is when we cock our heads to the side (we often do this). Other types will cock their heads to the side and make their eyes UNlevel, but when we do it, the eyes actually become level (or if we tilt our heads the OTHER way, our eyes are at an almost comic slant).

Next, the MOUTH/SMILE... I haven't proven this to be ISFP-ONLY or anything, but I do notice that half-smile thing (as Quin pointed out), and the weird thing is that the side of the face that smiles the most (tightest muscles clenching) usually corresponds to the LOWER eye on the face, as though we favor that side.

More later as soon as I get a second to write. I want to comment on the nose and jaw, too... maybe even the eyebrows...

The thing you have written so far applies to me very well. Most obviously regarding the mouth and smile, i totally do that half smile thing and i also tilt my head like you describe :D. (I hate getting my picture taking because i make that smile, and it always looks so fake)

My eyes look a lot like Quinlan's both in size and how far apart they are. I have bigger eyebrows though and they're formed in a pattern so when i think i look plain/normal, other people always ask me stuff like "What's wrong?" or "Are you mad?". I also squint alot (especially outside), but my father does that as well so it doesn't have to be type related (he is an SP though).

Anyway, i have noticed that you all (myself included) have another thing in common. The tips of our noses (in my opinion, anyway)

maliafee

The thing you have written so far applies to me very well. Most obviously regarding the mouth and smile, i totally do that half smile thing and i also tilt my head like you describe :D. (I hate getting my picture taking because i make that smile, and it always looks so fake)

My eyes look a lot like Quinlan's both in size and how far apart they are. I have bigger eyebrows though and they're formed in a pattern so when i think i look plain/normal, other people always ask me stuff like "What's wrong?" or "Are you mad?". I also squint alot (especially outside), but my father does that as well so it doesn't have to be type related (he is an SP though).

Anyway, i have noticed that you all (myself included) have another thing in common. The tips of our noses (in my opinion, anyway)

Totally agree on the noses. Whatever shape/size, ISFP noses have this similar "end" part that wants to turn up sorta or jut out just a hair.

I also squint a ton! Another type that squints a lot is INTJ though... ;) But I think it means something different for them?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I also have the too many photos with glasses on or pulling faces problem.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I have bigger eyebrows though and they're formed in a pattern so when i think i look plain/normal, other people always ask me stuff like "What's wrong?" or "Are you mad?".

I used to get that a bit back in high school.