User Tag List

Default ISFP, How much do you relate to these?

Last edited by wolfy; 04-29-2009 at 10:02 AM.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

First one, not much.

Second one, quite a bit, I'm not sure if I go between extremes of extraversion and introversion but it's possible and worth consideration.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

I find the first has a lot of correlation to myself...In the second example, Like Quinlan the idea of great swings in underlying temprament is foreign to me. I can manufacture something like exuberant extroversion when I am teaching, as a part of my (necessary) technique. But when class is over I shut it down and resume my regularly scheduled programming.

I find it very difficult and taxing to erect this same facade (Exuberant extroversion, glad handing) for social interaction...which has no real redeeming purpose to me. Well, I should say compelled, structured interactions; parties and events....not a quiet get together with trusted friends in a very small gathering.

I find some resonance with the Hemingway comparisons...strangely, we share a birthday. Though I have not been able to enjoy his writings...in fact I've never been interested enough to finish one.
    Last edited by Hirsch63; 04-29-2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: clarity
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

First one, not very much.
    Second one... yes, this is more accurate. It gives a good explanation of why I can't figure out whether my personality type is isfp or esfp.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISFP

I'm much more the second one. However, I don't regard my relationships as secondary...and I like my relationships to be intrinsically rewarding.
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    at the first one. Eggheads are starting to annoy me. Those "symptoms" are not a "disorder", they are evidence of being human.

The "Exuberant Personality Type" is Keirsey's Artisan with a few extras thrown in, right? Obviously, I relate to much of it.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    at the first one. Eggheads are starting to annoy me. Those "symptoms" are not a "disorder", they are evidence of being human.

The "Exuberant Personality Type" is Keirsey's Artisan with a few extras thrown in, right? Obviously, I relate to much of it.
    Like everyone else I relate to the second one.
    I think it is the artisan temperament with a SFP twist on it.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Only a couple of things resonate with me in the first one:

• frequently shifts line of work, study, interest, or future plan
    • engages in occasional financial extravagance
    • may use alcohol or drugs to control moods or to augment excitement

I've had about 40 different jobs in my life, and not because I got fired, but because once I learned how to be good at what I was doing, I got bored and wanted to do something else. I've only been at my current job for 8 years because it is stable and I have a kid.

When I have money, I spend it, pretty plain and simple. I don't plan anything when it comes to money, and I really don't care much about saving. If I have, I give and share and have a good time, if I don't, I stay home and eat Ramen noodles.

I've battled with addiction my whole life. From being a heroin addict in my 20's to being a borderline alcoholic now, it's always been something I've convinced myself I've needed to regulate/relax/have fun. Some battles you win quickly, others take your whole life.

Other than those three, I definitely identify with the second one best.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

I can relate to almost everything for both; except for the parts about being promiscuous and putting my relationships second. If anything, I put my relationships first. Heck, the things I do each day are because of my significant other and/or friends. I have an extreme depth of caring for my loved ones... I live for them pretty much.

Although all the other stuff are very true!

From the first one:
    Childhood

Strong, aggressive mother; weak, passive father.
    Erratic and neglectful parenting: failure to inculcate a discipline of emotional self-regulation.

Overbearing, inconsistent parenting: "the combination of swift, harsh, and often arbitrary punishment with loving overindulgence" (Spilka, pg. 22).
    That's how it was for me growing up pretty much. I had an extremely abusive and hard-headed mother while my father was the gentle, soft one. He was really quiet... I don't remember much about him... we never really talked alot. My mother drove me crazy though; couldn't stand a second being with her! :/ Her expectations of me were ridiculous and if I didn't conform to her rules, I'd face a beating. Bleh. It's whatever though now.
    4w5.

"We trust the local doctor, we trust the medicine.
    Our child gets a scratch, we get our child a brand new head.
    We eat what's on our plate, we drink what's in our cup...
    We like the shiny TV screen, it spits, we lap it up...
    They sing a song, we hum along.
    We sing; but we don't understand the words to the song."
    -- High As A Horse