User Tag List

12 Last

Default Ask an ESTP... my brother! (boring anecdote)

Remember when an ESTP made an "ask an ESTP" thread recently? And then they responded with snappy answers? I thought that was pretty funny, but then my ESTP brother texted me with the same idea the day before yesterday, and so began a series of question & answer between us. And then after he'd answer a question he'd say, "Well?" or "Next?" that kind of thing.

I just thought it was funny because it was exactly like what that other ESTP did in that "ask an ESTP" thread. :P

Riva

he must be your brother keeping a close eye on his dear ISFP sister. not to mention protect her from stalkers.

We know everything.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Remember when an ESTP made an "ask an ESTP" thread recently? And then they responded with snappy answers? I thought that was pretty funny, but then my ESTP brother texted me with the same idea the day before yesterday, and so began a series of question & answer between us. And then after he'd answer a question he'd say, "Well?" or "Next?" that kind of thing.

I just thought it was funny because it was exactly like what that other ESTP did in that "ask an ESTP" thread. :P
    We are the ultimate problem solvers. Drop us in the middle of the greatest of disasters, knowing nothing about it and no one involved, and in a few short conversations the place will be well on its way to being fixed up right and the lot of us picking a bar to go celebrate at. We're not too good at being patient or sensitive though, we're kind of really busy for all that fuzzy stuff.

I'm only kidding btw

but yeah we are good problem solvers

well... maybe not theoretical problems... the only problem with that is the paper its written on isn't in the bin yet

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    I'm only kidding btw

but yeah we are good problem solvers

well... maybe not theoretical problems... the only problem with that is the paper its written on isn't in the bin yet
    We have our place in this world for sure, we keep things lively!

Theoretical problems? WTF are those for? Zzzzzz.....

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Ahh, ESTP. So unrestrained in promoting their own abilities. It doesn't offend me, so I just laugh and smile politely when some of my ESTP friends do it. Then I wonder what part of it is joke and what is supposed to be real. I'd have to ask, even once, even if it made their bragging no fun for a moment.

ESTP I know are masters to draw attention to their strong areas at any one time, so I guess they refer to whatever is on their mind in that situation at the time, and nothing else. I can understand the focus and the excitement; when I felt more ENTP, I focused a lot on what's good for me, too.

/shrug
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This just happened to said ESTP yesterday:
    Man suspected of shooting drunkenly at neighboring houses | police, fee, mesa, costa, fired - News - OCRegister.com

I'm in shock right now. Basically I'm on the verge of a panic attack. He could get up to five years in prison. I'm pretty sure he has borderline personality disorder. I'm so worried for him.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    This just happened to said ESTP yesterday:
    Man suspected of shooting drunkenly at neighboring houses | police, fee, mesa, costa, fired - News - OCRegister.com

I'm in shock right now. Basically I'm on the verge of a panic attack. He could get up to five years in prison. I'm pretty sure he has borderline personality disorder. I'm so worried for him.
    Take anti-anxyolytics NOW if you have them. Panic attacks are alot easier to prevent from going out of control if you medicate them early, as I have experienced in the past 4 days.

If he's a first time offender, good record, and you all get him a good lawyer, new blue suit, starched white shirt, blue and red tie, nicely polishe black shoes and belt, short hair cut, glasses, and if he can be sincerely remorssfeul in front of the judge, he'll be OK.

I pray for you and your family. Sorry your Bro is ina bad spot, I really hope he gets the help he needs and is given a hall pass by the system, especially since no one was hurt.

He doesn't need any more guns though, IMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Take anti-anxyolytics NOW if you have them. Panic attacks are alot easier to prevent from going out of control if you medicate them early, as I have experienced in the past 4 days.

If he's a first time offender, good record, and you all get him a good lawyer, new blue suit, starched white shirt, blue and red tie, nicely polishe black shoes and belt, short hair cut, glasses, and if he can be sincerely remorssfeul in front of the judge, he'll be OK.

I pray for you and your family. Sorry your Bro is ina bad spot, I really hope he gets the help he needs and is given a hall pass by the system, especially since no one was hurt.

He doesn't need any more guns though, IMHO...
    No, he's already on probation, so he's fucked.

Also, he has almost 100 other guns at my parents' house and in storage that my dad removed from the last time he shot (only two) holes in his house.
    Yesterday he was shooting inside his house alone and didn't know the shots were going out to other houses. *sigh* I am hoping my parents can sell his huge gun collection so they don't become destitute helping in his legal defense.

He is an alcoholic and getting off prescription medications and needs some psychiatric care. He can be the most amazing person, so smart and productive and full of life and free... but he is also suffering and it has deep roots I won't go into here. Now his poor ESFJ wife is getting evicted from their place, too. Probably moving in with my folks.

Thanks for the advice. He has a good lawyer and I sent my mom information on Borderline Personality Disorder (which he thinks he has according to a conversation we had last year).

I am hoping this is the last straw and helps him get the help he needs. I only pray he's not put away and destroyed in prison.