User Tag List

First 12

The saddest thing to me is when my dad showed up and begged the commanding SWAT officer, "Please don't kill my son."

My dad barely made it in time... my brother had called my dad to come over, and meanwhile my dad could hear him firing shots at the same time.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    No, he's already on probation, so he's fucked.

Also, he has almost 100 other guns at my parents' house and in storage that my dad removed from the last time he shot (only two) holes in his house.
    Yesterday he was shooting inside his house alone and didn't know the shots were going out to other houses. *sigh* I am hoping my parents can sell his huge gun collection so they don't become destitute helping in his legal defense.

He is an alcoholic and getting off prescription medications and needs some psychiatric care. He can be the most amazing person, so smart and productive and full of life and free... but he is also suffering and it has deep roots I won't go into here. Now his poor ESFJ wife is getting evicted from their place, too. Probably moving in with my folks.

Thanks for the advice. He has a good lawyer and I sent my mom information on Borderline Personality Disorder (which he thinks he has according to a conversation we had last year).

I am hoping this is the last straw and helps him get the help he needs. I only pray he's not put away and destroyed in prison.
    He needs a LAWYER and PSYCHIATRIST if he wishes to stay out of prison.

I am so sorry for you and your family, especially his wife and your parents.
    Damn.

Keep yourself together in this, and help your mom and dad and sisten in law, that's all you can do, that's all I can think of to do.

Finding your brother the right help is actually the easy part, getting him to work with them is harder. Navigating the system is a crapshoot sometimes. I dodged 2 stupid court cases when I was younger and am so thankful things went the right way for me. I pray your Bro has the same luck.

Bless you Maliafee, my thoughts and prayers are serioulsy with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    He needs a LAWYER and PSYCHIATRIST if he wishes to stay out of prison.

I am so sorry for you and your family, especially his wife and your parents.
    Damn.

Keep yourself together in this, and help your mom and dad and sisten in law, that's all you can do, that's all I can think of to do.

Finding your brother the right help is actually the easy part, getting him to work with them is harder. Navigating the system is a crapshoot sometimes. I dodged 2 stupid court cases when I was younger and am so thankful things went the right way for me. I pray your Bro has the same luck.

Bless you Maliafee, my thoughts and prayers are serioulsy with you.
    Thank you. What you've said means so much, especially coming from an ESTP.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    Thank you. What you've said means so much, especially coming from an ESTP.

You are very welcome, seriously. Please let me know how things go with this. If I can be of any service, advice or just a sounding board let me know, I'd be glad to help or just listen. Take care. -A.