User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    you sound butthurt.
    If I sound butthurt, then what does that make some of the other complaints here? Mega-butthurt?

In all honesty, though, I can't say I'm too pissed at all. I'm just pointing out things that I noticed. Perhaps it sounds more dramatic by typed than spoken word.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    If I sound butthurt, then what does that make some of the other complaints here? Mega-butthurt?

In all honesty, though, I can't say I'm too pissed at all. I'm just pointing out things that I noticed. Perhaps it sounds more dramatic by typed than spoken word.
    Half the stuff people complain about that are suppose to be related to "type" aren't even about type but about the person instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Half the stuff people complain about that are suppose to be related to "type" aren't even about type but about the person instead.
    Everything I said was true though. lol.. and probably for ESTP too.

Not that I have any real complaints.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by NerdyCool4EVAH View Post
    I'm pretty sure I used to be an unhealthyESFP, looking at some of the things in your list.

These applied to me:

"Helter-skelter and disorganized, both inwardly and outwardly, yet expects everyone else to be on top of things. If she can't find something, she blames you for not being able to find it for her."

"Tries to be endearingly eccentric, like a sitcom character—but just comes off as really annoying. Develops quirks just so she can constantly point them out to people, thinking that they'll find her cute/amusing (they don't). She tries to be unique, but she's actually emulating something/someone else."

"Premeditates all the petty ways she can get back at people who she believes have wronged her. Refers to this as "killing with kindness," which is just a euphemism for "passive aggressiveness" that enables her to believe she's the bigger person."

"Does things that she knows will irritate you, and persists even when you ask her to stop. Then when you get mad at her, she tries to make you feel guilty for getting mad. She pushes people's buttons just so she can get a reaction, and reinforce her victimized self-image when you blow up at her."

"Comes across as very fake and over-the-top in interactions with other people. Exaggerated facial expressions, big smile, wide-eyed interest, voice dripping with sickeningly false sincerity, laughs too loudly, etc."

"Still brings up ways that people wronged her years and years ago. Repeats the same sob stories over and over, like a broken record. You can't have a conversation with her without it devolving into this. You can be talking about something completely unrelated and she will always bring the conversation back to this, because it's her internal mantra. She sees everything through this self-centered, victimized filter."

Woah, it seems like all the above really fit me so, it's kind of scary how accurate it is for me, sometimes.
    In that case, I must apologize to you because that list is too long and devoid of empathy. I wrote it a few years ago when I was still overwhelmed by living with her, and in retrospect this thread wasn't an appropriate space for my bashing, nor was it constructive in any way. It's good that you're able to recognize your faults, and there are plenty of good qualities in ESFPs.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Typologically speaking, an unhealthy ESFP would stop relying on Se as much. They'd probably have a lot of immature Ni suspicions, and use Se in it's most base form. Like an aggressive and possesive boyfriend or girlfriend, paranoid of where you've been, or someone who randomly thinks their friends are screwing them or leaving them out of something.. maybe they'd cause drama or show up starting shit without thinking about it.

At least, this would be the more common form of "unhealthy". I don't think it's necessary to start exagerrating with stories of serial killers or anything like that.
    This is excruciating for someone with dominant Ni to watch (just as I'm sure my Se blunders must be painful for ESPs to watch). The ESFP will get vague, unfounded suspicions and constantly be paranoid and self-conscious. Everyone is out to get her. This, of course, is a self-fulfilling prophecy. And then when people react negatively to her drama, she takes this as confirmation she was right all along. "I knew it! I could sense negativity! I always get a bad feeling before something like this happens, and I'm always right."

Alternatively, she can magically "just know" something that's obvious or easy to deduce logically, and attribute this to her incredible intuition.

These are just extreme examples. Not all ESFPs are that bad, though they all have some degree of difficulty using Ni properly.

RDF

@Seraphim: That's great input on Inferior Ni in both your old post and your latest one. Thanks!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    EIE

Jealous
    Vengeful
    Controlling
    Manipulative

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Unhealthy ESFP or ESFP while in a bad spot:

- wants to see people that hurt him/her fail or be rejected
    - can be critical of things they never tried before
    - will become overly concerned with matters of image over substance
    - hedonistic

Tips:
    - eliminate double standards by reconsidering beliefs
    - control your jealousy
    - remember controlling your urges for right now can be good for you in the long run
    The hedonistic part can/does lead to addition to stimuli, not necessarily substance but yeah...
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Insecurity.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Quote Originally Posted by KarenParker View Post
    What does an unhealthy ESFP look like? If one is an unhealthy ESFP, what are they supposed to do?
    Me.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Insecurity.
    This. In my experience with ESFPs it often leads to excessive attention/affirmation seeking.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*