User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Although she rationally understands the situation, she's just that bad at understanding where her emotions are taking her, and the role they play in her decisions. So her impulses sort of fire backwards -- which is the other level. She's impulsively sticking with the guy, against all her better judgment, because somewhere deep inside her, she's gotten confused which way is up.
    Yeah, sounds just like my ISTP friend. Goes along with the being a pushover thing. Really bizarre trend. I don't understand it or how to make sense of it. It's not in the same feelery way as the Fs and it's unexpected.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Going through my mental typology database of everybody I know, there are a couple of women that I think I've got as ISTP, but I'm not exactly sure because the only ISTPs I've ever known that well have been men.

So are there any ISTP women around here? What are you like, and how do you compare to ISTP men?
    there is no big difference.

i think the people's personality differences are apparent from how they behave and what they talk about etc etc.

ISTPs are extremely private(i think the most private of them all). so how could you tell the difference btw a guy and a girl?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

A hell of an opponnent

[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    A hell of an opponnent

Hahahahahaha! Yepppp! Coincidentally I challenged four of my guy co-workers in a drink off today, scheduled sometime in the future... They're all twice my size.

Riva

I've noticed that they are quite attractive.(the females)

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

That woman in front does have a sort of ISTP look in her eye.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I found this awesome old thread today, incidently: Female ISTP's... How do you act?

With the input of at least 3 extra ISTP females (currently MIA, hmmm)!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    What do you do for a living?

I'm graduating now-ish with a BSc in biology, planning to do a masters next year (ovarian cancer research) and possibly a phd, then on to research of some kind.

What are your other interests? What would you do with your life if you were independently wealthy?

nature, travelling, animals, making stuff, exploring places. If I had a lot of money I'd do a lot of travelling, mostly to see things like the rainforest and coral reefs, and I'd like to live in the city with a big yard and lots of pets but have a cottage in the country. (very similar for me)

How much responsibility do you believe you have toward others? Is the concept of helping people in general/contributing to good causes high on your value system at all, or do you have more of an "I take care of myself first" kind of mentality?

Not much...I think people should be at least somewhat as responsible for themselves as I am...I've made the decision to avoid donating to charity until I'm out of debt, but I will revisit the issue when I get a 'real job'. I would consider donating to an animal shelter or somewhere I know will spend the money wisely instead of giving the employees lots of money. Nonreligious organizations only.

in more personal terms, I will help friends out if they need help and havent brought it on themselves...ie I would loan money or even give it away to a friend, but not if they make poor financial decisions. There I'd be more like to give "advice", ie unwanted lectures. I expect people to take care of themselves though...that's what adults do.

EDIT-disclaimer: I make no claims about other istps, and I'm not even entirely sure that I fit the istp box very well...
    It's like you ansewred for me!!!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

ISTP women would beat my butt for sure!

MBTI
    INTP

In a word: hilarious. One of the better humored female types out there.