• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] Are ISTP's the "wittiest" type?

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTPs are witty, but I wouldn't say they are the wittiest type. I usually find NT brand of wit more appealing.

D

Dali

Can be very witty, yes, but I'd go with ENTP if we're choosing the wittiest type.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are both confused.

ESTPs are the wittiest of all. We rule. :D

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
They are all witty in their own way's.. all P's have a form of wit.

"They are also the most humble. "
SARCASM DETECTOR..... LAFFTER.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Dude, my ISTP best bud, though a toweringly excellent bloke and of no small intellect, is very often the last one to twig the meaning of a joke. And he's the one I hear most often telling me what he wishes he'd said "at the time" but didn't think of until much later, which I think is the way with many introverts...

I reckon ENxP's can tend to hog the limelight in the "witty" stakes, but only because we're quicker on the ball with the command of language, getting what's in our heads out into the open, whilst there might be as witty or wittier introverts who thought the same thing or even better, but just didn't manage to beat us to the mark.

But then that's the question isn't it? What is wit? Is it just being able to think of things? Or thinking of them and being able to say them, at the right time, before anyone else?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I dunno.
People say I'm wittier when I'm sober and I'm certainly more quiet when I'm sober..

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea I love ISTP's brand of wit... and I find that they are great to have fun banter with. The thing I like most about them is that you can truely spar without the worry of an emotional comeback or insecurity surfacing. Also I love they way they do silly... they make goofy witty :D I approve :D

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
ISTPs can be very witty (I know), but it appears from my own personal experiences that ESTPs and ENTPs are the wittiest - it's ironic that they happen to be the most humble kinds, too.

sculpting

I wouldnt call what istps do witty, that really is an entp thing.

instead it is more blunt axlike punch to the chest funny. They say the comment, then stare at you like you are a little on the slow side. No feeling allowed with these guys. But it can be hysterically funny, however very, very dry.

Gengar

MBTI Type
INFP
ISTPs can be daft. But most of the time they're the funniest type for everyone. What I mean by this is that whilst only some may laugh at an INTP's jokes, EVERYONE will laugh at a ISTP's joke.

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Yea I love ISTP's brand of wit... and I find that they are great to have fun banter with. The thing I like most about them is that you can truely spar without the worry of an emotional comeback or insecurity surfacing. Also I love they way they do silly... they make goofy witty :D I approve :D

They like me, they really like me :D

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
LOL.

That's right - Goofy's the word!!!

L

Lasting_Pain

ISTPs can be daft. But most of the time they're the funniest type for everyone. What I mean by this is that whilst only some may laugh at an INTP's jokes, EVERYONE will laugh at a ISTP's joke.

It is because people's minds cannot handle the mind freak(mind f**K) INTPs offer when we present our jokes.

I like to refer to INTP jokes and comedy as grenades. You will sit in wonder for a few seconds, then bam! Once your brain has processed our joke you will instantaneously hit with uncontrollable laughter.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
[YOUTUBE="9qu2y2MQkuI"]Dry wit:[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="CWqPnEGzfK8"]And more:[/YOUTUBE]

He could be an ISTP.

It might be fair to say that ISTPs have the driest wit (with INTJs) but not the most.

I hope this isn't one of those threads where you start kissing one type's ass.