User Tag List

First 234

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm not witty at all. I can't think on my feet very well. I'm good at making snarky comments though, which is not quite the same thing
    -end of thread-

My ENTP friend is very active in the conversation, making his wit very apparent and expected.

I listen to the conversation in amusement, observing people's reactions to the constant flow of outrageous comments. My wit comes in only single occasional lines, interjected when most people least expect it.

Then they look at me, "Sorry, did you say something?"

No, you're just hearing things.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

This thread might have been parody. The connection I find to reality is this: many hit-men portrayed in movies etc shoot fun one-liners (in addition to villains), which are the poor man's replacement for wit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    This thread might have been parody. The connection I find to reality is this: many hit-men portrayed in movies etc shoot fun one-liners (in addition to villains), which are the poor man's replacement for wit.
    The problem there is the connection of poorly-scripted action movies to reality.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    The problem there is the connection of poorly-scripted action movies to reality.
    However bad, still the closest connection I can find with ISTP and wit.

Perhaps this is with seeing one ISTP as my girlfriend.

One my friend of many friends was an ISTP too, just a chilled out person, but wit.. absolutely not. He was the sensible man, the regular guy, one with feet on the ground, or sometimes on a surf board. Or sand on the beach. Often joking, enjoying the life, kidding about everything serious. Sometimes talking the serious stuff.

Witty? No.

Respectable man neverthereless. Really respectable.

Other ISTP? Just passing encounters with them. Nothing memorable about their wit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    However bad, still the closest connection I can find with ISTP and wit.

Perhaps this is with seeing one ISTP as my girlfriend.

One my friend of many friends was an ISTP too, just a chilled out person, but wit.. absolutely not. He was the sensible man, the regular guy, one with feet on the ground, or sometimes on a surf board. Or sand on the beach. Often joking, enjoying the life, kidding about everything serious. Sometimes talking the serious stuff.

Witty? No.

Respectable man neverthereless. Really respectable.

Other ISTP? Just passing encounters with them. Nothing memorable about their wit.

I can be witty, but it is a stupid N type wit. Drives my wife nuts. I can basically relate anything to anything of the top of my head. Gotta love Ti+Ni. This also works excellent for excuses because I can confuse people with things that make so much sense until you step back and think about it. I get the phrase are you kidding me alot because I can come up with some pretty believable crap.

My type of wit is my son asks me why we gave our dogs to my sister-in-law. My response was "they wouldnt stop peeing on the floor", he said "oh", then I responded "so dont you go peeing on the floor or we will give you away." He looked at me and laughed and said "I dont pee on the floor", then gave me this look and was like "you wouldnt really give me away would you" The logic is there, but is purposely related in a jacked up way. I always end up telling him I was joking. Dont want to scar him.

edit: stupid N type means that it is relational or N type wit that is meant to be misleading.