• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] would an istp steal from someone they love?

GOODmusic

MBTI Type
enfp
i've had an on/off relationship with an istp for the past year,a few weeks back, st.patricks day actually, he told me that his cousins girlfriend tried it on with him, he said that she grabbed his c*^k and said f%*k me!but i bumped into her one night and said it to her and she said it was the other way round that it was him tried it on with her. i know what a mess he is with women(it took him about 4 years to ask me out,and it was me who had to ask him out in the end) but he has alot of anger and resentment towards his cousin so he did have a motive to make his cousins girlfriend think he was flirting with her. sorry if this is all confusing. she said he had been saying terrible things about his cousin to her and it all really did sound like him and what he would say.i confronted him about it and he was appalled that i would believe her over him. the truth is i didn't know what to think.
i went down to his house two days later and he somehow managed to convince me he was innocent,though there are still alot of things that don't add up,but i'd be here all day if i went into them and i still haven't come to my main point.
well he was totally disgusted with me for doubting him and said it was definately over between us,but that he thought we should go for coffee in a few days to have a proper break up talk once and for all cos he felt it wasn't over in his head yet.
of course two weeks past and still no break up talk,then two days ago i saw that my hash plants were gone from the room.not a single other thing was touched.the lamp was still there and the fan. nothing else was missing from the house and there wasn't a trace of soil or a hash leaf or anything,who ever did it knew what they were doing. i sometimes leave my back door unlocked and he would have known this. my sister and her boyfriend (who actually owned the plants) are convinced it was him.there was very few people knew about them. i don't know was he trying to get me back for the thing with his cousins girlfriend? he was forever giving out about the plants was he doing it to protect me from getting caught by the law? about a year ago a friend of his accused him of stealing $50 too, all these strange things are adding up.
i hate to think this way about him but the facts just point in his direction.
so what do other istp's think? and what way would u react if u were wrongly accused? i don't know if i should even confront him but i'd like to know what to look out for if i do to tell if he's lying to me.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my hash plants

They're legal here. :>

I know plenty of people that hold grudges and act upon, it's not uncommon for any type I'd say. I regularly have to let some jackass go at work and it almost always comes back around one way or another. In forms of stealing or vandalism. Quite a few people tend to suck.

Anyhow, judging from your post, he is a jackass. But without real proof, not much you can do apart from never talking to or seeing him again. *shrug*

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I can't judge the guy since I don't know the whole story. I am inclined to question why anyone in their right mind would have told you about the incident in the first place, if they were the person initiating the contact. I don't see ISTPs (at least not me) bringing light to themselves when knowing they were in the wrong.

I think there are still questions on the plants as well. Any reason that he thought they were his or belonged to you both? Ask him if he took them. If so, I would change locks on your place, howerver I sense this is one of those little stories that will come out in pieces with a bit more of the truth being told as you go. Most take issue to being asked for advice and then being strung along not hearing the whole story. So tell it all or keep it to yourself. Oh this is usually asked up front by me, but what makes you think the person is ISTP?

GOODmusic

MBTI Type
enfp
he is definately istp. he plays computer games for days at a time,when he works he goes at it full throttle,he gets moody if he doesn't get to have his alone time,he seeks revenge in madcap ways against his enemies,he found it hard to figure out how he felt about me,he's one of the funniest people i've ever met,reading about istp's and enfp's everything i've read accurately describes our life story.

how would you as an istp react if you were guilty? and how would you react to the question if you were innocent?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I should make a new acronym, this needs to be said so much. Hmm...

NATP - not a type problem
NAMI - not an MBTI issue
NTR - not type-related
DTMA - ditch the mbti already
etc?

It needs refinement...*sigh* but just think of all the uses for it.

Anyway, if you want advice, I guess I would say to talk to him about it. If you trust him, then trust him (you could try explaining how it looks from your view). If not, dump him. And stop hanging out with such dramatic people already (at least 1 of them is lying/sleazy, possibly both)

Newbyagain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
For a question like this, you need to ask what Enneagram type would be more likely to do something like that, because Enneagram describes drive where MBTI describes what you do. And you need to look into the health of that person.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
For a question like this, you need to ask what Enneagram type would be more likely to do something like that, because Enneagram describes drive where MBTI describes what you do. And you need to look into the health of that person.

I'm sure her 2009 self will get right on that.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha, damned thread necromancers.

Jaguar

I should make a new acronym, this needs to be said so much.

NATP - not a type problem
NAMI - not an MBTI issue
NTR - not type-related
DTMA - ditch the mbti already

I'm stealing all of them. Especially DTMA. ;)

KDude

I'm curious on why an ISTP wouldn't do it though. It took me some time to get out of the habit of stealing or cheating. I used to steal from my mom's hard earned tip money as far back as age 6 or 7. I stopped doing it to loved ones, but it awhile to stop burning others. It might not be type related, but if any function combo has an inclination to act that way, it's Se and Ti. I'd go so far as to say you're squandering your potential if you didn't. :laugh:

OK..Maybe that's a bunch of bullshit. For me though, it was an educational experience to gradually learn how to treat people better. I'm simultaneously envious and annoyed that there are people who effortlessly do everything right.

KDude

Someone else reply. I don't want my post to be the last one hanging. :coffee:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi [MENTION=9214]KDude[/MENTION] :hi: